Looking for a dancehud

Syo Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3877 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The title says it all: I'm looking for a dancehud after I came across quite a couple of situations where the club couldn't provide dances at all or only very bad ones. So I want to get independent from the locations and just bring the dances with me. What I look for is a dancehud with female dances.

Searching the MP on my own was a bit frustrating, because reviews are rare and a key word search brings up a lot stuff that is not what I'm looking for. Hope to find some people here, who can give a few recommendations.

The title says it all: I'm looking for a dancehud after I came across quite a couple of situations where the club couldn't provide dances at all or only very bad ones. So I want to get independent from the locations and just bring the dances with me. What I look for is a dancehud with female dances.

Searching the MP on my own was a bit frustrating, because reviews are rare and a key word search brings up a lot stuff that is not what I'm looking for. Hope to find some people here, who can give a few recommendations.

For single dances I would recommend taking a look at the new Akeyo Ao, which doubles as a dance hud and then taking a look at their individual dances or a dance pack.But then i do like their AOs and would be wearing it anyway.

I would also go to humanoid to get their group gift free dance and look at their dances. Also take a look at A&M and Myanimation for their dances.

There are other worthy hud options and places to get nice dances, but Akeyo and humanoid and Myanimation sell their dances copy at a reasonable cost, which is worth factoring in if you want to put them in a dance machine at home too, or put in your Firestorm AO....

The cheapest option on a hud if you aren't bother about inviting others is just to use the Firestorm AO and put dances in the Stands. it is free as part of the viewer and no scripts.

There in Spirit sell a fusion dance hud that does couple dances (as well as single), which you can use anywhere you are allowed to rezz or if the club has a TIS poseball server.

The Huddles dance hud is nice for allowing you to group dances by category.. but it is script heavybecause of the other functions it has and as I discovered recently it doesn't suport adding people with long usernames (I can't add a friend to mine who has a name about 25 characters long).

Henmations is maybe worth a look too (they do have nice dances). As is Animazoo - but I am not that keen on their dances.

If it just to be independent from the location a thing you can do is use the build-in AO of your viewer (if you are not using the official viewer that is) Give each group of dances a folder in your inventory and add a note card with an appropriate name that has the names of the dances as a "stand" in it. You can use as many animation sets as you like that way. Easy to find and no lag. A disadvantage is that you can not invite others to dance though.

Thanks for the information so far. I'm a bit careful with buying dances which are sold single. I had really unsatisfing experiances when I tried to build up my own AO by filling in single animations. I had an empty AO to start with and instructions...but it didn't worked, so I had to use a newbie AO which allowed me to simply insert the animations. The result is ok...but I won't do that ever again with an AO.

With the build-in AO from Firestorm...wouldn't I run into problems with the AO I use normally and wouldn't it be rather uncontrollable with the options to just turn it off or on? I want to be able to chose when I dance and what dance I use.

At best with no long "how-does-that-work"-phase. But I will take a look at the creators which got named here.

There are 3 short videos in this series explaining the Firestorm AO

Singularity has something similar. But I didn't get it to work when I tried, but I wasn't very persistant. I didn't really get on with Singularties interface and in my opinion it doesn't render the world as nicely.

But if you want to play individual dances, maybe i am doing something wrong, but with firestorms AO it just seems to cycle them regardless of what I do. Which is fine for me since I have a humanoid dance pack as stands in one set up and an akeyo one in another.

Using a hud like Akeyo's there is no need for fiddling with notecards, if that is what you had a problem with, you just rezz the hud on the ground and drag and drop the animations into its contents.. It recognises them as dances takes a minute or so to load (if you are putting a few in) them and when you wear your hud they are there in your menu to select.

The firestorm AO and Akeyo one work well together. The Akeyo one takes precedence over the firetorm one.. and if I turn Akeyo one off the firestorm one kicks in. Both are just a button (or check box) to turn off and on.

It wasn't clear to me that you wanted a preloaded HUD, personally I bought all my dances single. I don't like the idea of buying large sets because there are always dances in it you don't like.

Using the buid-in AO is easy though, you don't copy any dances in it, just the note cards and everything stays in your inventory so it is pretty easy to stay organized. You  will not run into problems with your normal AO as long as you give each animation set it's own note card just like your normal AO has. To change from your normal AO to dance just switch from "default" to say "dance_KIM" or "dance_YUSS" or whatever names you gave the note card and press Reload. You can use as many sets as you like and easily switch between them. To finish dancing just reload your default AO again.

You can always try it out first ofcourse as every self respecting citizen of SL has a truckload of free dances to play with :smileyhappy:

Syo Emerald wrote:

TIS has some incredible female dances and also a HUD, they are pricey but in my opinion, worth the lindens.

I would recomend using the Galaxy Hud as it has over 293 dance animations in it and you can invite about 10 more people to it as well so others can enjoy the dances as well. I use it in many clubs I DJ at and the people there love the dances. I could go on all day about the Galaxy hud as it is turely amazing!!!

ok, I also had the good fortune to try the Galaxy HUD tonight, it is great, I had so much fun, who would have thought I could play Air Guitar so well :) 

Thank you mystery stranger for giving me a great evening on SL :heart:

P.S. the one I recommended originally is a brilliant HUD too...today truely has been a fun day.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3877 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.