Sign in to follow this  
BLUExANGEL

Emoting?

Hi. I want to apply for a dancer position in a new nightclub. A few of the requirements for the job are: "You should be able to work well with a team and have no problem emoting with male AND female avatars, regardless of your avatar's sex."  Will someone please tell me what emoting is? Is it an animation, or the ability to tell someone how I feel about them? How do you express a feeling for a stranger you just met? I'm clueless.

Hi. I want to apply for a dancer position in a new nightclub. A few of the requirements for the job are: "You should be able to work well with a team and have no problem emoting with male AND female avatars, regardless of your avatar's sex."  Will someone please tell me what emoting is? Is it an animation, or the ability to tell someone how I feel about them? How do you express a feeling for a stranger you just met? I'm clueless.

I am happy to answer that.

Emoting means , you use a command and speak in third person . example:

/me sways her hips seducingly

You can extend such emotes , adding active speaking like:

/me smiles sweetly, her hands running gently up and down her swaying hips and speaks in low gentle voice "Hello handsome. "

Here a quote from the handouts we give to our players:

" Emoting is how you make your words in roleplay convey your feelings, your attitudes, and your reactions, by painting a picture in words that other people can understand and react to.."

And doing that in third person will help you play your role and keep your own emotions distanced from the role you play.

How do you express a feeling for a stranger you just met? I'm clueless.

Strippers and similar entertainers in RL do that too. They are nice, they flirt....and you are going to play that role too. Its not about real feelings or how you would react to them, if you were just another guest in the club.