New marketplace cart/buy system...

Suki Hirano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There's a golden saying that someone once said: if it's not broken, don't fix it.

Instead of fixing the ridiculously bad search system in marketplace, LL decided to meddle with the cart/buy system. It was working perfectly before they meddled with it. When you click "buy", it will add the item to your cart, then you can check out all the stuff in your cart. Now?

- 90% of the time when I click "add to cart" it will say "item could not be added to your cart, try again later."

- Half the time when it says that, it actually successfully added the item to the cart. But I won't know until I actually check my cart, so many times I end up having duplicates in my cart because I clicked "add to cart" multiple times due to that error message

- Half the time when it says "successfully added to cart", it's actually not in the cart. Again I won't know unless I check the cart EVERYTIME I click "add to cart". Many times I end up not getting certain things I wanted because they didn't get added to cart, and lose track of where I found that listing in marketplace

111.png

Is this the new way of encouraging to use the marketplace?

There's a golden saying that someone once said: if it's not broken, don't fix it.

Instead of fixing the ridiculously bad search system in marketplace, LL decided to meddle with the cart/buy system. It was working perfectly before they meddled with it. When you click "buy", it will add the item to your cart, then you can check out all the stuff in your cart. Now?

- 90% of the time when I click "add to cart" it will say "item could not be added to your cart, try again later."

- Half the time when it says that, it actually successfully added the item to the cart. But I won't know until I actually check my cart, so many times I end up having duplicates in my cart because I clicked "add to cart" multiple times due to that error message

- Half the time when it says "successfully added to cart", it's actually not in the cart. Again I won't know unless I check the cart EVERYTIME I click "add to cart". Many times I end up not getting certain things I wanted because they didn't get added to cart, and lose track of where I found that listing in marketplace

111.png

Is this the new way of encouraging to use the marketplace?

I just don't add things to my cart, I'll buy them directly. Not because of errors, but the checkout got so long and I have to do so many additonal clicks, that I want to reduce them as much as possible and adding things to the cart would be an increase.

I don't buy them directly for the same reason you said. If I buy each of 10 items individually, I have to go through the same checkout screen 10 times. If I add them to the cart, I only have to go through it once. It's also easier to keep track of the stuff I got if I add them to cart, which is what the cart system is for.

There's been some discussion of this on the Merchant Forums.  What LL changed recently was the method of payment ie. instead of automatically paying in lindens another step was added to offer payment from one's other payment methods - PayPal, credit card, etc.  It was after this change was instituted that other things involved with MP checkout went weird.

I have never used the shopping cart and just directly purchase one item at a time.  For about a year some of my customers were buying multiples of one of my items with copy permissions.  When I contacted each person to refund the money for the duplicates, each person mentioned having used the shopping cart.  Other merchants have reported multiple unwanted purchases of the same item and didn't use the shopping cart.  LL instituted the shopping cart idea after purchasing XStreet and there seem to have been bugs with it ever since.

Edit: Clarification

For me it still can happen that I click to buy an item and go to the viewer to rezz and open it.... wait... its not coming... ohh... go back to mp... click to place the order and go back to the viewer.. wait... not coming... wtf.. oh yeah!, go back again and click to buy now! 

Anyway, it lasts too long, its annoying and in the long run, hopefully, it will make more people buy directly in-world visiting shops and socializing:)

when i get that red line.. i just click it again right away and it usually just adds it..

so far that is how it's worked for me anyways..

i may be lucking out..

maybe some it may work worse..

maybe it will for me on bad connection days..

it just hasn't yet so far ..(knocks on wood)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.