Sign in to follow this  
Foxy Petunia

Flipping textures

What happened to the flip option on horizontal and vertical repeats per face (which allows tiling of textures)?

The flip option just made the repeats value negative, so we now allow these values to be negative instead of providing the flip checkbox. This was done to allow new functionality on the Build Tool while not increasing the size of the floater.

It says this, but when you do a negative, it still doesn't work. Did LL completely mess this up or what? It's difficult to apply textures for braches on trees, plants, flowers, etc. when you can't flip to get the sides going the correct way. 

Does someone have another work around besides using a different viewer? I'm on the SL viewer

What happened to the flip option on horizontal and vertical repeats per face (which allows tiling of textures)?

The flip option just made the repeats value negative, so we now allow these values to be negative instead of providing the flip checkbox. This was done to allow new functionality on the Build Tool while not increasing the size of the floater.

It says this, but when you do a negative, it still doesn't work. Did LL completely mess this up or what? It's difficult to apply textures for braches on trees, plants, flowers, etc. when you can't flip to get the sides going the correct way. 

Does someone have another work around besides using a different viewer? I'm on the SL viewer

Negative numbers in the horizontal and vertical scale are working OK here. This is the diffuse texture, with no other stuff like planar map going on, right?

I had no issue using the official LL viewer. It was a pain, I grant you  but it did work find. Just tedious. So maybe you need to explain more and throw in a screenshot  :D.