How do I get started in building or deco

OhSherry

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

If you search for the IVORY TOWER you will learn there.

ADDED: OK, my weekly moan at mesh, LOL. Unlike some who rave about mesh being to  the holy grail i dis- agree. Mesh is good but has many limitations. The only time i use mesh is when i can not achieve what prims can not do. In the biuld i did below, apart from the cieling every thing is basic prims and 3d textures.

AddonPool.jpg

• Like 3

As Steph recommends, the Ivory Tower of Prims has an excellent set of tutorials.  You can also take free building classes at places like Builder's Brewery, NCI, and Celedon Oxbridge University, all of which you can find in Search.  It's not difficult to learn the basics of building in SL, but the tools are not the same as many you may be used to else where.  Of course, if you are accustomed to 3D modeling externally, with Blender or Maya, for example, you can still do that here too.  Consult those same places for instruction in how to import your 3D models.

• Like 1

Relig is right. Basic building, is easy enough, especially if you have done it before. But those programs she listed are very important, as well as skills in PhotoShop or Gimp. You may also was to script your objects. Basic blocks, can look rather mundane, and are of little use these days, other than using them along with, a sculpt map, or mesh.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.