Question, if you delete an account can you recreate one with the same name immediately?

KazumaIkezawa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3856 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

A Username is unique.  Once it has been used, nobody else can ever have it --- even you.  That's why you'll never meet many people with simple names, except for the old guys.  All the easy names were taken a long time ago.

Now, if you cancel an account, you can try to have it reactivated.  If you do that, you'll get to keep the old name and (if you're lucky) your old inventory.  If you have cancelled your account, you may be able to restore it, depending on how long ago it was cancelled. There is a US$9.95 reactivation fee for restoring an account.

32px-KBwarning.png Warning: Even if your account is restored, the associated inventory, land, and Linden dollar balance may be unrecoverable.

To start the process:

1. Open a support case.
  2. Under What type of problem are you having? choose Account Issue.
  3. Choose Reactivate an old account.
  4. Enter the required information
  5. Click Submit.

• Like 2

Return to the support site and add to your original request. You will find a link that says "If you've already submitted a case on the issue, you can update it in your support history." Be polite,but remind LL that it has been a week since you submitted and you would like some idea of the progress they are making. Since you just canceled your account, it should not be difficult for them to revive it.

Ty olig.

Last ticked i send week ago, next i send few tickets too. I am always polite and patient.

I think, one week for simple answer it is ok. I expected automatic answer. But for now i don't get any answer.

I alway used https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ and choose option Reactivate an old account.

I always get: Your Case has been submitted!

Thank you for submitting your issue to us.

You will be receiving confirmation email with the case number to the email address you provided within 24 hours.

Seems to me i Made some mistake, but idk what is this.

I can't find my ticket in support history. It look as it do not exist.

I will glad for any help.

(sorry, but English isn't my native.)

That is very unusual. The only other thing I can suggest is a call to the Linden Lab billing office. If ther is a financial reason why they are having trouble reviving the account, they could tell you. If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067

France: 0805-101-490

Germany: 0800-664-5510

Japan: 0066-33-132-830

Portugal: 800-814-450

Spain: 800-300-560

UK: 0800-048-4646

Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277

**Note: Support is offered only in English

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3856 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.