Disabling script ejection on mainland above the banline zone.

Extrude Ragu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oh.. I think you may have been called that.. Shame on anyone that would call you that!

You know, I sail out of Starboards Yacht Club and have been ALL over the Blake including these narrow channels which bring you pretty close to land. I also fly out of Hollywood Airport exploring much of the airspace as well. I use 3 different sailboats (2 large, 1 small) a couple different size speedboats and I fly a 6 seater plane and a helicoptor. I have NEVER once been ejected from anyone's orb or ran into banlines. When I set out to sail, I usually go for 4 to 5 hours or so. I am sure I would have hit one of these obstacles by now. I consider myself to be skilled in boith sailing and flying in sl, I don't have to belong to an association to acquire the abilities either. I am trying to think where people are going to get slammed back home? LOL it amazes me.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orca Flotta wrote:

I'm going to make this as clear as possible for you Orca: 
You do not speak for anyone else, you only speak for yourself. I do not care what groups you are in nor what groups you created. They are meaningless here.

Those lovely groups do not reflect the entrie user base, let alone the entire user base which uses vehicles. No one on this forum can speak for anyone else: The fact that you have now made the claim 
three times
that you do shows your lack of understanding of this matter.

No, it doesn't. It shows a lack of understanding on your side, sorry.
No
vehiclist is happy to be wiped off their path just because some stupid barbie didn't know she had a banline up.  You can't tell me differently. And that's why groups like the OSP keep on sending notecards to those particular landowners.

FYI: I didn't create any of the mentioned groups, they were in existence long before I joined SL.

There is no "oranized community" of vehivle users. There are groups, some of which cross communicate, some of which do not. That is not a "community" - let alone "organized". Those are disparate groups.

So the SL Sailing Association and the SLCG, who work in close contact with Linden Lab are not organized? That's news for me and everyone else involved in the development of SL.

No, I will not "be nice" here. Your initial response to this thread and subsequent responses have shown that you believe your 
opinion
concerning Linden Lab provided tools beyond point/targeted bans to be absolute fact. Each and every time you are presented with this, you backpedal for about half a second and then charge forward again.

Enough.

Ya, it's enough indeed. I have quite enough of your brickheaded - and dare I say mean - responses. For me it becomes more and more clear you don't give a wet fart for SL as a whole, as long as you can enjoy your powerplays on your land.

You do not have any special right to explore anywhere in Second Life - if someone wishes to lock down their parcel or place up an object making use of Linden provided script functions to keep others off and you (or anyone else) is inconvinienced by it while trying to navigate a waterway that the parcel extends into ... 
Too bad.

OMG, why do you need to repeat that over and over again? Even I mentioned that fact already before. Should that stop  us from teaching people some fundamental stuff and work with them for the betterment of SL?

Oh and so you are quite aware: The parcels I do presently have control over do not have scripted security on them at present. There is very little need for me to use them at present: My parcels are either opened up so that users may pass through 
or
locked down to group only and white list access for non-group users. If I find that a user has bypassed the lockdown, then I will add in a scripted security system (again).

Fair enough and applaudable. You seem to be quite educated on the whole affair. Unfortunately 90% of landowners aren't, and that's the reason for the many new open channels LL had to force through stupidly blocked areas.

What is all of that there to protect? While it is of no concern to anyone else, my parcels are set up that way for no other reason than 
I simply can set them up that way.

Exactly my question as well, regarding the first part. I never found anything worthy of protection in SL.

The second part makes me cringe. Of course it's your right to do anything you fancy on and with your land, BUT is it good and wise? Does i make the grid a better place, does it help the commonwealth, is it socially acceptable? Do you also wipe out a whole kindergarten with your car just because you can?

Nope - my understanding is perfectly sound - I understand perfectly well that no user can speak for anyone else here. That makes four times now that you have attempted to speak for others - and yes, I'm going to keep correcting you on that until it sinks in: You do not represent anyone here.

Why do I need to keep reminding you that your opinion is just that? Simple: You seem to think that users who do not conform to your standards and allow you and others to explore, need to be 'educated'. No, no, no and no. No one has a right to explore a single blasted pixel of Second Life. You have a privelige which can very easily be taken away.

If Linden Lab had wanted users to explore the entire "grid" they would not have given users tools (both parcel control and script function) to keep other users out of the lovely digital 'land' they offer.

There is no 'education' to give to other users 'for the betterment of SL'. My Second Life experience is not made 'better' by allowing users a passthrough. Judging by the responses of a few other users to this very thread, their experiences have not exactly been made 'better' by allowing a passthrough for you either.

No, the SL Sailing Association and SLOG are not 'organized communities' - they are user groups. For there to be a truly 'organized community' of vehicle users in Second Life, each and every vehicle user would have to be in these groups or otherwise agree with them. To have even ONE user disagree prevents them from being 'organized'.

My responses are not 'brickheaded' Orca - mean, possibly and I really do not care if they are at this point. I have been a Second Life user for quite a while now, I have seen this very topic come and go. I am sick and tired of the entitlement attitude that a rather vocal set of groups has shown with regard to exploration. I cared (and still do care) enough about Second Life that I joined the Mentor program ears ago to help new users get acclimated to Second Life.

I do not care for the "I must be allowed to explore anywhere I please" crowd.

As to your closing remarks: What another user does with their parcel is none of your concern as long as it does not violate the ToS/CS or any real world laws. You are not the arbiter of what 'makes the grid a better place', there is no 'commonwealth' here and guess what? The concept of 'socially acceptable' does not apply to what a user does to keep others out of their parcels.

Your final 'question' makes it quite clear that you're incapable of understanding most of this as well: No one is 'wiping out a whole kindergarden' by barring passage through a Second Life parcel.

Solar Legion wrote:

Orca Flotta wrote:

I'm going to make this as clear as possible for you Orca: 
You do not speak for anyone else, you only speak for yourself. I do not care what groups you are in nor what groups you created. They are meaningless here.

Those lovely groups do not reflect the entrie user base, let alone the entire user base which uses vehicles. No one on this forum can speak for anyone else: The fact that you have now made the claim 
three times
that you do shows your lack of understanding of this matter.

No, it doesn't. It shows a lack of understanding on your side, sorry.
No
vehiclist is happy to be wiped off their path just because some stupid barbie didn't know she had a banline up.  You can't tell me differently. And that's why groups like the OSP keep on sending notecards to those particular landowners.

FYI: I didn't create any of the mentioned groups, they were in existence long before I joined SL.

There is no "oranized community" of vehivle users. There are groups, some of which cross communicate, some of which do not. That is not a "community" - let alone "organized". Those are disparate groups.

So the SL Sailing Association and the SLCG, who work in close contact with Linden Lab are not organized? That's news for me and everyone else involved in the development of SL.

No, I will not "be nice" here. Your initial response to this thread and subsequent responses have shown that you believe your 
opinion
concerning Linden Lab provided tools beyond point/targeted bans to be absolute fact. Each and every time you are presented with this, you backpedal for about half a second and then charge forward again.

Enough.

Ya, it's enough indeed. I have quite enough of your brickheaded - and dare I say mean - responses. For me it becomes more and more clear you don't give a wet fart for SL as a whole, as long as you can enjoy your powerplays on your land.

You do not have any special right to explore anywhere in Second Life - if someone wishes to lock down their parcel or place up an object making use of Linden provided script functions to keep others off and you (or anyone else) is inconvinienced by it while trying to navigate a waterway that the parcel extends into ... 
Too bad.

OMG, why do you need to repeat that over and over again? Even I mentioned that fact already before. Should that stop  us from teaching people some fundamental stuff and work with them for the betterment of SL?

Oh and so you are quite aware: The parcels I do presently have control over do not have scripted security on them at present. There is very little need for me to use them at present: My parcels are either opened up so that users may pass through 
or
locked down to group only and white list access for non-group users. If I find that a user has bypassed the lockdown, then I will add in a scripted security system (again).

Fair enough and applaudable. You seem to be quite educated on the whole affair. Unfortunately 90% of landowners aren't, and that's the reason for the many new open channels LL had to force through stupidly blocked areas.

What is all of that there to protect? While it is of no concern to anyone else, my parcels are set up that way for no other reason than 
I simply can set them up that way.

Exactly my question as well, regarding the first part. I never found anything worthy of protection in SL.

The second part makes me cringe. Of course it's your right to do anything you fancy on and with your land, BUT is it good and wise? Does i make the grid a better place, does it help the commonwealth, is it socially acceptable? Do you also wipe out a whole kindergarten with your car just because you can?

Nope - my understanding is perfectly sound - I understand perfectly well that no user can speak for anyone else here. That makes 
four
times now that you have attempted to speak for others - and yes, I'm going to keep correcting you on that until it sinks in: 
You do not represent anyone here.

Why do I need to keep reminding you that your 
opinion
is just that? Simple: You seem to think that users who do not conform to your standards and allow you and others to explore, need to be 'educated'. No, no, no and 
no.

No one has a right to explore a single blasted pixel of Second Life.
You have a privelige which can very easily be taken away.

If Linden Lab had wanted users to explore the entire "grid" they would not have given users tools (both parcel control and script function) to keep other users 
out
of the lovely digital 'land' they offer.

There is no 'education' to give to other users 'for the betterment of SL'. 
My
Second Life experience is not made 'better' by allowing users a passthrough. Judging by the responses of a few other users to this very thread, 
their
experiences have not exactly been made 'better' by allowing a passthrough for 
you
either.

No, the SL Sailing Association and SLOG are not 'organized communities' - they are user groups. For there to be a truly 'organized community' of vehicle users in Second Life, 
each and every vehicle user would have to be in these groups or otherwise agree with them. To have even ONE user disagree prevents them from being 'organized'.

My responses are not 'brickheaded' Orca - mean, possibly and I really do not care if they are at this point. I have been a Second Life user for quite a while now, I have seen this very topic come and go. I am sick and tired of the entitlement attitude that a rather vocal set of groups has shown with regard to exploration. I cared (and still do care) enough about Second Life that I joined the Mentor program ears ago to help new users get acclimated to Second Life.

As to your closing remarks: What another user does with their parcel is none of your concern as long as it does not violate the ToS/CS or any real world laws. You are not the arbiter of what 'makes the grid a better place', there is no 'commonwealth' here and guess what? The concept of 'socially acceptable' does not apply to what a user does to keep others out of their parcels.

Your final 'question' makes it quite clear that you're incapable of understanding most of this as well: No one is 'wiping out a whole kindergarden' by barring passage through a Second Life parcel.

^^ My bolded part of your quote. Thank you. Just because someone's use of their own land and any restriction they put on it does not coincide with this mentality, we are all greedy, selfish, paranoid, going against what SL Mainland stands for and all the other slew of nonsense that is said. When these people pay my tier and purchase what I use to enjoy my SL, then they can *try* and dictate how I am supposed to live MY Second Life.

Malanya wrote:

Oh.. I think you may have been called that.. Shame on anyone that would call you that!

Yeah, I'm thinking that too.  This hasn't been my week in the forums...lol.

Want to come over to my mainland parcel - the one that is bordered by two Linden oceans?  I'll enable ban lines and put up an orb on every corner and you and I can sit on the patio, sip Pina Coladas, and watch all the sailors and low flyers sent home, because I'm mean and paranoid yanno. ;)

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Malanya wrote:

Yeah, I'm thinking that too.  This hasn't been my week in the forums...lol.

Want to come over to my mainland parcel - the one that is bordered by two Linden oceans?  I'll enable ban lines and put up an orb on every corner and you and I can sit on the patio, sip Pina Coladas, and watch all the sailors and low flyers sent home, because I'm mean and paranoid yanno.
;)

YES!!! Please! I would love to help you engage in your mean, paranoid orb use (haha orbs smorbs, I just lock my entire sim down, selfishly of course. It's not mainland, but I don't share well ). Let me know when those Pina Colads are chilled and I am right there with ya! ;)

Edit my spelling from being overly excited

have been ALL over the Blake including these narrow channels which bring you pretty close to land. I also fly out of Hollywood Airport exploring much of the airspace as well.

Woah, that's a rather restricted area and of course you won't be pestered by banlines and orbs there. It's public water! And all the surrounding estates are owned by sailors and flyers, so it's kinda save haven.

I don't have to belong to an association to acquire the abilities either.

That's not what associations are there for. The SLSA is a communication tool and a roof organisation for various yacht clubs.

I am trying to think where people are going to get slammed back home? LOL it amazes me.

Since most sailors are cruisers (not racers) they don't like to stay put on the small ponds on which we have the racecourses. Instead they are branching out, exploring all avaiable waterways of SL, if posssible circumnavigating whole continents. I can assue you we don't do it with the intent of getting slamed back home. Isn't that an illegal interference into personal freedom in the first place? Bounce off parcel is ok, but sending back home is unnecessary and childish. And the atrocities you encounter during those cruises are terrible.

And then you start asking yourself two questions: why did LL muck up their own terraforming by selling all the nice beaches and oceans to ppl who don't even want or need it. And secondly, why do a horse farmer, a wood elf, a big fashion house, a techno club, a wannabe king in his medieval castle want to own precious and pretty expensive coastal land? Are they double agents from LL's competition, about to make SL as fugly and abhorrent as possible in order to drive customers off?

Nope - my understanding is perfectly sound - I understand perfectly well that no user can speak for anyone else here. That makes four times now that you have attempted to speak for others - and yes, I'm going to keep correcting you on that until it sinks in: You do not represent anyone here.

Why do I need to keep reminding you that your opinion is just that? Simple: You seem to think that users who do not conform to your standards and allow you and others to explore, need to be 'educated'. No, no, no and no. No one has a right to explore a single blasted pixel of Second Life. You have a privelige which can very easily be taken away.

If Linden Lab had wanted users to explore the entire "grid" they would not have given users tools (both parcel control and script function) to keep other users out of the lovely digital 'land' they offer.

There is no 'education' to give to other users 'for the betterment of SL'. My Second Life experience is not made 'better' by allowing users a passthrough. Judging by the responses of a few other users to this very thread, their experiences have not exactly been made 'better' by allowing a passthrough for you either.

No, the SL Sailing Association and SLOG are not 'organized communities' - they are user groups. For there to be a truly 'organized community' of vehicle users in Second Life, each and every vehicle user would have to be in these groups or otherwise agree with them. To have even ONE user disagree prevents them from being 'organized'.

I won't answer any of your wrong accusations and slander anymore. You are just a troll. Your strategy of falsely interpreting what I said and the using those false implications against me reminds me of some of the worser trolls in this forum.

Just a couple more things before I leave this less than productive thread: of course there is a commonwealth in SL. It's in our minds and spirits. If you are too dull to feel it I can only pity you, fool.

And the concept of socially acceptable does apply every- and anywhere. Not even at republican party meetings are the participants actually backstabbing each other. They keep it civil enough to do it only literally.

So you can repeat your weak arguments over and over and over (and over) again, they won't get any better or more true. You're not discussing with kids here, we all know the setup and its weakneses quite well, believe it or not. What you are doing is you blindly believe it's all great and super just because why? Because LL made it so? LL, the most inapt server host since the invention of the internet? A company where the terraformer has no clue about what the land seller in the next cubicle is planning to do with the land. A company that comes up with one knuckleheaded idea after the other until they've lost the last sim and the last. customer. Really, you care what they think?

Being not happy with the things as they are is no crime, not yet. And it's no sense of entitlement tryingh to talk land owners into a more sensible handling of their affairs. You know the old saying with great property comes great responsibility. This is true in SL as well as anywhere else.

But as I said, I don't care if you get it or not, those philosophies are probably wayyy over your head anyway. For me you and this thread are dead. What a waste of time and energy. :smileysad:

Orca Flotta wrote:

have been ALL over the Blake including these narrow channels which bring you pretty close to land. I also fly out of Hollywood Airport exploring much of the airspace as well.

Woah, that's a rather restricted area and of course you won't be pestered by banlines and orbs there.
It's public water!
And all the surrounding estates are owned by sailors and flyers, so it's kinda save haven.

I don't have to belong to an association to acquire the abilities either.

That's not what associations are there for. The SLSA is a communication tool and a roof organisation for various yacht clubs.

I am trying to think where people are going to get slammed back home? LOL it amazes me.

Since most sailors are cruisers (not racers) they don't like to stay put on the small ponds on which we have the racecourses. Instead they are branching out, exploring all avaiable waterways of SL, if posssible circumnavigating whole continents. I can assue you we don't do it with the intent of getting slamed back home. Isn't that an illegal interference into personal freedom in the first place? Bounce off parcel is ok, but sending back home is unnecessary and childish. And the atrocities you encounter during those cruises are terrible.

And then you start asking yourself two questions: why did LL muck up their own terraforming by selling all the nice beaches and oceans to ppl who don't even want or need it. And secondly, why do a horse farmer, a wood elf, a big fashion house, a techno club, a wannabe king in his medieval castle want to own precious and pretty expensive coastal land? Are they double agents from LL's competition, about to make SL as fugly and abhorrent as possible in
order to drive customers off?

Are we talking of the same Connected bodies of water lol? You actually are saying that all the parcels are owned by sailors and pilots? lmao. okay, you obviously aren't getting the point. You speak of "we" and not yourself. Bouncing off the parcels is ok? Oh I thought it was frustratiing. When you bounce off a parcel, though not getting sent home, what happenes to the vehicle you are in? All bodies of connected water are public, really? :)

I am not a racer, thank you lol, I assume you consider yourself the judge of who sails often in SL without calling themselves a sailor? Ask anyone that knows me inworld on this forum. I spend 90% of my time sailing, the other 10% varies. I know many people who live offf the waterways and are not "sailors & pilots."  I don't ask the questions you mention because to me they are not valid to me, at all. It's only your opinion of the beaches and land that were sold. Ask yourself this: Who are you to decide what type of person needs or should have those water parcels? You are not anyone to make that decision, you can question it all day long.Thanks for all of your replies, I don't feel either of us repeating the same thing over and over is doing anything.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Malanya wrote:

Ooooh I love the picture you took
;)
Thought it was a secret? Hmm..

Oh it is.  I was just able to obtain the photo using the most advanced secret surveillance cameras.
;)

Ah! No wonder why you are in charge and not me :P

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Orca Flotta wrote:

Are they double agents from LL's competition, about to make SL as fugly and abhorrent as possible in order to drive customers off?

Shhhhhh!!!  We're on a super-secret mission and we can't tell you who our boss is...

Asylum Spies.jpg

Dammit, I can tell you who your boss is gonna get an earful from?

Don

Don't you spies ever knock?

Orca Flotta wrote:

And the atrocities you encounter during those cruises are terrible.

Things like genocide and war crimes are atrocities. Being TP'd home in cartoon land is an inconvenience.

And then you start asking yourself two questions: why did LL muck up their own terraforming by selling all the nice beaches and oceans to ppl who don't even want or need it.

Who's to say whether they wanted or needed it when they bought it?

And secondly, why do a horse farmer, a wood elf, a big fashion house, a techno club, a wannabe king in his medieval castle want to own precious and pretty expensive coastal land?

Why not?

'And secondly, why do a horse farmer, a wood elf, a big fashion house, a techno club, a wannabe king in his medieval castle want to own precious and pretty expensive coastal land?'

:) well I never wanted to before but its very tempting:) something to do in those cold winter months =^^=

Orca Flotta wrote:

Nope - my understanding is perfectly sound - I understand perfectly well that no user can speak for anyone else here. That makes 
four
times now that you have attempted to speak for others - and yes, I'm going to keep correcting you on that until it sinks in: 
You do not represent anyone here.

Why do I need to keep reminding you that your 
opinion
is just that? Simple: You seem to think that users who do not conform to your standards and allow you and others to explore, need to be 'educated'. No, no, no and 
no.

No one has a right to explore a single blasted pixel of Second Life.
You have a privelige which can very easily be taken away.

If Linden Lab had wanted users to explore the entire "grid" they would not have given users tools (both parcel control and script function) to keep other users 
out
of the lovely digital 'land' they offer.

There is no 'education' to give to other users 'for the betterment of SL'. 
My
Second Life experience is not made 'better' by allowing users a passthrough. Judging by the responses of a few other users to this very thread, 
their
experiences have not exactly been made 'better' by allowing a passthrough for 
you
either.

No, the SL Sailing Association and SLOG are not 'organized communities' - they are user groups. For there to be a truly 'organized community' of vehicle users in Second Life, 
each and every vehicle user would have to be in these groups or otherwise agree with them. To have even ONE user disagree prevents them from being 'organized'.

I do 
not
care for the "I must be allowed to explore anywhere I please" crowd.

As to your closing remarks: What another user does with their parcel is 
none of your concern as long as it does not violate the ToS/CS or any real world laws.

You are not the arbiter of what 'makes the grid a better place', there is no 'commonwealth' here and guess what? The concept of 'socially acceptable' does not apply to what a user does to keep others out of their parcels.

I won't answer any of your wrong accusations and slander anymore. You are just a troll. Your strategy of falsely interpreting what I said and the using those false implications against me reminds me of some of the worser trolls in this forum.

Just a couple more things before I leave this less than productive thread: of course there is a commonwealth in SL. It's in our minds and spirits. If you are too dull to feel it I can only pity you, fool.

And the concept of socially acceptable does apply every- and anywhere. Not even at republican party meetings are the participants actually backstabbing each other. They keep it civil enough to do it only literally.

So you can repeat your weak arguments over and over and over (and over) again, they won't get any better or more true. You're not discussing with kids here, we all know the setup and its weakneses quite well, believe it or not. What you are doing is you blindly believe it's all great and super just because why? Because LL made it so? LL, the most inapt server host since the invention of the internet? A company where the terraformer has no clue about what the land seller in the next cubicle is planning to do with the land. A company that comes up with one knuckleheaded idea after the other until they've lost the last sim and the last. customer. Really, you care what they think?

Being not happy with the things as they are is no crime, not yet. And it's no sense of entitlement tryingh to talk land owners into a more sensible handling of their affairs. You know the old saying with great property comes great responsibility. This is true in SL as well as anywhere else.

But as I said, I don't care if you get it or not, those philosophies are probably wayyy over your head anyway. For me you and this thread are dead. What a waste of time and energy. :smileysad:

Really now? Sorry dearie but I wouldn't be responding in this manner if you were not coming across exactly as I have seen you come across. I am responding to your own words and have been ever since your initial response to me. If you do not like the response, change your wording.

There is no commonwealth in Second Life, it is a computer program - that is the reality. You can think and feel there is until the cows come home: Second Life is not recognized as a commonwealth by any world organization.

Oh and look at that! You who accuse me of spreading falsehood concerning you - you turn around and assume I am singing the praises of Linden Lab? No dearie, I'm telling you how the software was designed. There's a difference there, learn it.

Being unhappy with the way things are is one thing, asking another user to alter their land settings is one thing - assuming that you have some right to explore all of the grid and that users must be 'educated' concerning the wants and desires of those who feel they have a right to explore the grid unfettered is ... an attitude of entitlement.

No trolling here dearie - just a user who is sick and tired of that attitude.

Ok, Malanya, since you're not Solar Legion (I hope) I'll make an exception for you. But then I really gotta run.

Are we talking of the same Connected bodies of water lol? You actually are saying that all the parcels are owned by sailors and pilots? lmao. okay, you obviously aren't getting the point. You speak of "we" and not yourself. Bouncing off the parcels is ok? Oh I thought it was frustratiing. When you bounce off a parcel, though not getting sent home, what happenes to the vehicle you are in? All bodies of connected water are public, really? **Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://secondlife.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif" border="0" alt=":smileyhappy:" title="Smiley Happy" />

Haha, I guess you don't see the difference between Blake Sea and the connected private estates around it. Blake Sea is owned by LL, of course public as it gets, but sheriffed by a committee of the sailing estates around it. So as soon as you leave the sims starting with Blake Sea in the name to the north, east and south you're on private property: Sailors Cove, SL New England, Honah Lee, Balboa, Trudeau, Second Norway, Tug Harbor and so forth are privately owned. Still the estate owners in most of them have rules against orbs and banlines in place. When you leave BS to the west there are thousands of protected LL water sims as well. All  the eastern coastal waterways up to Corsica, Dire Strait, Bingo Strait, North- and South Channel around Nautlilus City and much more are untouchable by land barons.

Of course I speak of "we" since I know that all sailors would argue the same as I do. Fortunately they are not as stupid as me and waste their time in a silly SL forum. You know we have our own forae to discuss more important stuff. People like Solar Legion would have been banned from there long ago. 

Bouncing off any parcel is not ok for the bouncee, coz it hurts, wastes time and isn't good for the nerves. But it is acceptable since we're mostly able to edit out boats out of the banline and continue our journey. Also, as I stated already, it's every landowner's right to brick themself in as much as they fancy. Why they had to purchase a square of ocean, of all places, remains a mystery though.

No, not all bodies of connected water are public. But the vast majority is. It's the sims owned by LL's DPW and they are protected. Unfortunately in times of uncontrolled growth (06 - 08), LL had to sell off formerly protected water sims since they couldn't deliver fresh sims fast enough to satisfy the increasingly rising demand. As a sad cenotaph of those times we still have the completely mucked-up Heterocera "Atoll". Or should I better say "ex-atoll" since the atoll part resembles a landfil more than anything. It's a regular dump these days, a slum. You could walk across the lagoon without getting wet feet. lol    

Me a judge of what? Huh? Coincidentally I know that there are much more un-organised sailors than organized ones. They outnumber us club-based sailors tenfold or hundredfold. They are not my concern as long as they happpily swallow the bitter pills and just give up on sailing after they crashed a couple times. As soon as they get involved they share exactly the same probs as all the "real" sailors do.

So you're telling me you don't get mad when you're bounced off or stuck in a banline or sent home across the grid by a zero second warning orb? You don't ask yourself why ppl are so unthinking?

And finally you show that you are much cleverer than Solar Legion and stop repeating the same well-known facts over and over again. Coz you're right, it won't change a thing.

But you got me wrong in another point, sorry. It's not on me to decide who can buy what land/water parcel, I'd never take that freedom away from anybody. Ppl have to decide for themself if a horsey ranch is placed any good in the middle of an ocean, or if their medieval castle looks so prim and proper in a neighborhood that predominantly is made up from palm trees, exotic beaches and tiki huts. 

But I won't stop asking for the reasons ... and why should I? Just coz silly ppl like Solar Legion will just become aggro and say "because I can, now bugger off mofo"?

And I, like many other sailors, always have a OSP notecard handy that I stick in the parcel owners mailbox if I find the time to investigate further. In that notecard is explained that someone discovered a banline or an erroneously set up orb and if the owner could be so kind to look into their security system and set them back a couple meters in order to free the Linden channel. We don't even threaten with AR and such childish things. The keyword here is co-operation.

mikka Luik wrote:

'
And secondly, why do a horse farmer, a wood elf, a big fashion house, a techno club, a wannabe king in his medieval castle want to own precious and pretty expensive coastal land?
'

:)

well I never wanted to before but its very tempting:) something to do in those cold winter months =^^=

I have waterfront mainland and I own a castle...tempting...very tempting. ;)  And then, of course, I'll put up banlines *and* orbs.  One can't be too careful these days, yanno. ;)

Haha, no you are not psychic and can tell me what I know the difference between? I sure do, I suppose you didn;t read my post of how I spend my time in SL.Please Orca, give it a rest. I politely said i was done responding to you and continue to circle talk. You don't own the waterways, the Blake, The parcels.

I am NOT Solar and the key word is "Manipulation"  flip it anyway you want. SO many people on sl think they can force others to believe what they think sl should be and it's just selfish.

P.S. I responded to you only because you were foolish enough to think I was another poster on here. Don't do me any favors by making an exception posting to me.

Haha, no you are not psychic

Right, I'm not and never claimed to be.

and can tell me what I know the difference between? I sure do, I

So, why did you ask me then if all connected water sims are public?

suppose you didn;t read my post of how I spend my time in SL.

I did. And it became clear to me that you don't have much of a clue.

Please Orca, give it a rest. I politely said i was done responding to you and continue to circle talk.

Why should I give it a rest after that terrible slander? That  would be a favour for you ... and you asked me not to do  that. I always aim to please :matte-motes-nerdy:

You don't own the waterways, the Blake, The parcels.

I never claimed anything different. See, now you're the same like Solar, by repeating the same wrong assumptions over and over again. It's like I'm talking to a brick wall.

I am NOT Solar and the key word is "Manipulation"  flip it anyway you want.

I know you're not Solar, as I happily stated in my last post and the one before, which you obviously didn't read carefully. But you share kinda the same fugly attitude. And flipping? That's a specialty of American argument culture, in northern Europe we prefer straight talk. I ask straight questions - you call that "psychic". I voice my opinion - you call it "force". I tell you where I'm coming from and whom I represent - you tell me I'm not. I'm member of a group who tries to help landowners to avoid ARs against them - you call that assumptious and "entitled". Sorry, obviously I can't help you.

SO many people on sl think they can force others to believe what they think sl should be and it's just selfish.

Oh do they? Teribble people those! Well, I'm completely innocent in that regard. Participating in an open discussion and voicing ones opinion has nothing to do with force. And discussing the shenanigans of some totally self obsessed landowners is selfish why? Do you at least admit that you're part of the problem, not the solution?

P.S. I responded to you only because you were foolish enough to think I was another poster on here.

I was foolish enougn to believe one could discuss stuff in this forum in a constructive way. I never thought you were another poster, why should I and how did you get that impression?

Don't do me any favors by making an exception posting to me.

I'm not in SL or in the forum to make any friends or do anyone a favour. I just made that one exception, and now the second, since I'm a bit OCD and need the feeling of closure. Not as a favour. But that's it now for me. You may badmouth me as much as you like, see if I  care. I see you as a bunch of uncaring self-obsessed powerplayers  and I don't like that particularly.

I'm done with you!

Czari Zenovka wrote:

mikka Luik wrote:

'
'

:)

well I never wanted to before but its very tempting:) something to do in those cold winter months =^^=

I have waterfront mainland and I own a castle...tempting...very tempting.
;)
  And then, of course, I'll put up banlines *and* orbs.  One can't be too careful these days, yanno.
;)

The Martian very quietly sneaks into the Castle hoping to be trapped inside it with Czari.  :matte-motes-evil:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.