I pulled my edit window down too far and cant get it back up to where i can see it.now i cant edit a

Corky Bailey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

If it's completely off your screen, you'll need to rescale the screen temporarily.  Right click on any HUD on your screen to select it.  Then scroll your mouse wheel out.  That will make the screen area shrink and should expose your hidden Edit tool. If your Edit tool is not already open and visible then, type CTRL + 3 to open it. Grab it by the top (left click and hold) and yank upwards (drag).  Then scroll your mouse wheel in to rescale the screen again.

• Like 1

Oh, OK. No AO? Nothing at all? So make one. Rez a plywood cube on the ground. Make it about 0.2m in each dimension. Name it something classy like "Plywood Cube" and take it back to your inventory. Then find it there, right click on it, and select Attach to HUD >>> Center. That will put your brand new dummy HUD right in the middle of your screen. That's all you need --- just something on your screen to grab and resize with.

Hmmmm... Are you sure that the Edit window is visible? I have been trying very hard and I can't push my Edit window far enough to push it entirely off my screen. The most I can do it push it so that only a bare sliver shows, and I can grab that and pull it back with no problem. Did you type CTRL + 3 (or CTRL + B) to make the Edit window open?

Rolig's solution works for any HUD attachements, but not for floating windows native to the viewer.  I tried and tried to get my Edit window off screen, and couldn't do it...you must have really shoved that puppy hard!

Anyway, try this...open the Advanced menu (CTRL+ALT+D, if it isn't already on your top menu bar.)  Go to Debug Settings, and look for the items floater_pos_build_x and floater_pos_build_y.  Reset them to Default.  Try opening the Edit window.

If that does not work, and you are using Firestorm, if you have the viewer set to Full Screen, uncheck that setting.

If all else fails, uninstall the viewer and do a CLEAN REINSTALL.  Be sure to do it the way the instructions say, or your bad window position may be inherited by the new install.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.