"Cannot create requested inventory"

sectoid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm about to go off the deep end here. Today, I worked really hard on an avatar, and almost every time I put on a piece, I would get a message saying "could not create requested inventory." At this point, I didn't really care, since the item rezzed anyway. As I continued, I kept getting this message, and it got a little irritating. When I tried to save the avatar as an outfit, I got the message again, and it didn't save all the objects I was wearing. I tried three more times, and got the same result. At this point, I completely lost it and started punching the screen. The computer's fine, so don't give me flak about it! 

Linden Labs, I'm getting sick and tired of how frikking buggy your game is. If this message pops up one more time, I'm going to require a strait jacket and a rubber room. :matte-motes-sour:

I'm about to go off the deep end here. Today, I worked really hard on an avatar, and almost every time I put on a piece, I would get a message saying "could not create requested inventory." At this point, I didn't really care, since the item rezzed anyway. As I continued, I kept getting this message, and it got a little irritating. When I tried to save the avatar as an outfit, I got the message again, and it didn't save all the objects I was wearing. I tried three more times, and got the same result. At this point, I completely lost it and started punching the screen. The computer's fine, so don't give me flak about it! 

Linden Labs, I'm getting sick and tired of how frikking buggy your game is. If this message pops up one more time, I'm going to require a strait jacket and a rubber room. :matte-motes-sour:

sectoid wrote:

I'm about to go off the deep end here. Today, I worked really hard on an avatar, and almost every time I put on a piece, I would get a message saying "could not create requested inventory." At this point, I didn't really care, since the item rezzed anyway. As I continued, I kept getting this message, and it got a little irritating. When I tried to save the avatar as an outfit, I got the message again, and it didn't save all the objects I was wearing. I tried three more times, and got the same result. At this point, I completely lost it and started punching the screen. The computer's
fine
, so don't give me flak about it! 

Linden Labs, I'm getting sick and tired of how frikking buggy your game is. If this message pops up 
one more time,
I'm going to require a strait jacket and a rubber room. :matte-motes-sour:

Unscheduled System Maintenance

[Posted 12:05 PM PDT, 01 September 2013] We are investigating network issues which are causing multiple errors throughout the system.
During this time, some residents may be logged off and may be temporarily unable to log in for a brief period or may experience other losses in functionality.
Please refrain from rezzing no copy objects or making inworld L$ transactions while this maintenance is in progress. Please
check back here for updates.

[RESOLVED 4:49 PM PDT, 01 September 2013] The unscheduled maintenance has been completed.

[postED 12:05 PM PDT, 01 September 2013] We are investigating network issues which are causing multiple errors throughout the system. During this time, some residents may be logged off and may be temporarily unable to log in for a brief period or may experience other losses in functionality. Please refrain from rezzing no copy objects or making inworld L$ transactions while this maintenance is in progress. Pleasecheck back here for updates.

its over now try a relog and hope all goes well

I'd guess the message that the "Unscheduled Maintenance" was complete really meant "We have done all we can to fix it for now".  I believe it is Labor Day in the USA today, so it is likely that the needed techs are not around.  I'd give it another 24 hours.  I've seen a few oddities around myself today so it clearly isn't 100% fixed.

FWIW, I think that some of this problem is that while SSA clearly has worked well, probably better than the LL programmers had expected, the longer sims run it the more anomalies will crop up.  Some of SL's servers are pretty creaky at best, so this new code, which is lighter on client systems, but heavier on sim servers, is causing some servers to fail.

• 4 months later...

I am receiving this error message every time I try to purchase anything. The usual message pops up saying "product name" with accept or decline options. As soon as I press accept, the error message comes up and the object I accepted doesn't make it into my inventory. It doesn't matter if I restart, clear cache, use a different viewer, use a different computer or use someone else's internet connection. My internet is spotless (57m up 13 down) and my computer is well maintained. I only seem to have problems with SL never any other game or programme. I've now lost thousands of L$ in lost items and have to rely on the good will of the sellers to reissue copies, which often meet the same fate - and of course some sellers don't offer support and don't redeliver as policy which means I'm out of luck. I cannot trust SL so cashing out my L$ in order to stop losing money.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.