Computer shutting down when play for 2 min

dejviman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 7 months later...

well here is another option.   I had the same issue, turns out I was overclocking too much.  Once I turned it down I had no issues

Mind you this is after a weekend of pulling my hair out of my skull, I cleaned, tested, updated everything and got no results...tuned down my OC and it runs just fine.

• 1 year later...

I have same poblem - tried sl viewer and singularity after firestorm but still gett max 2 min - I had graphics card hotter than this before without crash so that isnt the issue.  <I run heavy video programs on the computer and they work - only SL fails. Also running blender so the fan ushes have no issues. But SL has

I run HP Elitebook 8760W with NVIDIA Quadro 4000 graphics, 32 Gb ram and i7 processon - wondows 7 professional

Strix6, your graphics card is most likely the reason for you crashing. The Nvidia Quadro is not designed for intensive 3D rendering programs like SL and Linden Lab includes the comment below on its System Requirements page:

https://secondlife.com/support/system-requirements/

Excerpt:

The following cards have not been tested with Second Life, and compatibility is not certain:

• NVIDIA cards that report as Quadro
  • ATI cards that report as RADEON IGP or RADEON XPRESS
  • ATI cards that report as FireGL
  • ATI cards that report as FireMV

Some users have used Nvidia Quadro cards successfully but others have had issues.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.