non payment

royb232

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i recently played in a games sim with slyngo and other machines, so i payed a L$1750 machine and won, but when hitting the machine to start the xmultiplier feature nothing happened just told me the score i got, i have given the owner a NC with proof of non payment/machine not starting with the time and time of chat and all the required information, i saw that he had received my NC so i know he has recieved it,but he hasnt replied, 24 hours passed and i sent him the NC again and added that this was the second time of telling him, it is now day 3 and he hasn't even replied to me,

i wish to know what do i do about this situation, what rights do i have and what is the best thing to do from here and who to contact about it?

5 answers to this question

i recently played in a games sim with slyngo and other machines, so i payed a L$1750 machine and won, but when hitting the machine to start the xmultiplier feature nothing happened just told me the score i got, i have given the owner a NC with proof of non payment/machine not starting with the time and time of chat and all the required information, i saw that he had received my NC so i know he has recieved it,but he hasnt replied, 24 hours passed and i sent him the NC again and added that this was the second time of telling him, it is now day 3 and he hasn't even replied to me,

i wish to know what do i do about this situation, what rights do i have and what is the best thing to do from here and who to contact about it?

1.  Would these be games you have to pay to play and the amount you win is at least partially random?  If so, you've just admitted to participating in illegal activities.  Please read the TOS, LL gaming policy, the relevant US/Californian laws on online gaming and the handy FBI leaflet "Things to do in jail".  Presumably the owner/operator of these machines knows he is also a criminal.

2.  The criminal that owns/operates these machines robbed you.  It's the sort of thing criminals do.  You could offer to give evidence against him to save yourself (but to be honest, the FBI aren't likely to be that interested in either of you).

3.  Linden Lab do not involve themselves in inter-resident disputes.  You have no rights except not to be harrassed, etc.  If there is no honour amongst criminals then the only option you have would be to take out RL legal action against them (for USD$7).  Your submission to the courts being that while engaged in a conspiracy to commit illegal activities one of your co-conspirators welched on the deal.

So, er, yes - if the machine-owner isn't going to act honest for even a moment there's nothing you can do.

• Like 3

Having a 'tiny bit' of skill doesn't make up for the huge bit of random. It's gambling.

Now the fact is that LL are as arbitrary and slack about enforcing their own rules as they are about most other aspects of SL so most people get away with it for a long time. That doesn't make it legal, just easy to get away with.

In any case whether it's gambling or not, legal or not makes no difference to your 'rights' - you don't have any except those you pursue through the RL legal systen,

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.