Has SL made you "Metro"?

Supersatan3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hai Guyz,

Today I got a necklace in the Menstuff Hunt.So I tried to look for an outfit that would go with it. The pendant of the necklace hung down to about between the breasts. I contemplated whether or not I should wear a V-neck shirt to show off the necklace, or if it would look ok with a shirt unfdrneath it. I googled "Men's Necklace", to see if most men had the necklace against their skin, or over their shirt(most google pics had men in v-necks). I've also noticed that Japanese Creators more often have unisex clothing.

Hai Guyz,

Today I got a necklace in the Menstuff Hunt.So I tried to look for an outfit that would go with it. The pendant of the necklace hung down to about between the breasts. I contemplated whether or not I should wear a V-neck shirt to show off the necklace, or if it would look ok with a shirt unfdrneath it. I googled "Men's Necklace", to see if most men had the necklace against their skin, or over their shirt(most google pics had men in v-necks). I've also noticed that Japanese Creators more often have unisex clothing.

Supersatan3 wrote:

Today I got a necklace in the Menstuff Hunt.So I tried to look for an outfit that would go with it.

Most people accessorize an outfit, not the other way around, unless... you know... you need to show off the crown jewels or something.

Elizabeth-II.jpg

The pendant of the necklace hung down to about between the breasts.

I know they're technically breasts, but unless you have gynecomastia or some other condition wherein you've developed moobs...

Maybe I'm just being particular, but I prefer to call them pecs.

I contemplated whether or not I should wear a V-neck shirt to show off the necklace, or if it would look ok with a shirt unfdrneath it.

Whatever floats your boat. Which doesn't mean, however, that you might not look ridiculous in the end.

The-Biebs.jpg

Because I spent all day shopping and hunting. and felt like writing whatever came to mind. In Real life, I simply wear a pair of jeans, and whatever tshirt is clean. If I have a date, I wear black jeans and a slightly nicer shirt. I never wear any jewelry unless you count my dog tags, which are usually kept under my clothing. I just found it amusing because I never fuss over such things in Real Life. I visited a slew of Japanese stores with my SL Japanese friend. Unlike American stores, many Japanese stores offer male and female versions of the same item.

I'm not a man, but I can say that I fuss much more over my appearance in RL then SL. I seldom wear heels and a dress in RL. I don't use makeup every day! I have so much shoes in SL that Imelda Marcos would cry.

In RL, if I want to change my hair, get a new color or a haircut, I have to find time in my schedule for it, then pay an excessive amount of money. In SL, I can go from short to long, long to short, every color I can imagine. Same with all the other parts of appearance, apparel and accessories.

I think the OP is not comfortable spending an afternoon in various RL stores, trying on clothes in small rooms, looking at accessories. It is hard to find time, you can't shop in your PJ's, and it is expensive. In SL, you don't have to approach a store manager and ask him to open the cabinets and take out the items. And feel that it is not "nice" to try on all without buying?

Please go on shopping in SL. I often hear men complaining it is so little stuff for them. The more men that outfit their avatar and change accessories and buy new stuff... the more the creators will make. Plus, you look good! 

Marianne Little wrote:

I think the OP is not comfortable spending an afternoon in various RL stores, trying on clothes in small rooms, looking at accessories. It is hard to find time, you can't shop in your PJ's, and it is expensive. In SL, you don't have to approach a store manager and ask him to open the cabinets and take out the items. And feel that it is not "nice" to try on all without buying?

Well, I have been poor most of my RL, and usually shop at thrift stores, or at department stores(E.G. Target). I used to wear jewelry as a teen, but I never really fussed over tiny details like I do in SL. I might get creative and layer my shirts when I go clubbing(E.G. a tshirt under a buttoned shirt). I have on occasion had my brother take me to places such as the Gap, and have some guy with long hair tell me what be,lt goes with my slacks. However, I have never worn anything aside from a sports watch. As for hair, my options are limited due to me being in the Army.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.