Graphic Driver update ???

taylr Zelin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

when i try using Firestorm before i even log-in, there is something there saying Graphic Drivers update??  what is that?? I use Windows Vista laptop..I say No in block,,then login,,but after little bit,i crash.

I like Imprudence ,its been great for me. Never had problems like i am now,  If i try different Viewers.. hopefully someone can tell me whats that update thing mean,,,        thank you,

when i try using Firestorm before i even log-in, there is something there saying Graphic Drivers update??  what is that?? I use Windows Vista laptop..I say No in block,,then login,,but after little bit,i crash.

I like Imprudence ,its been great for me. Never had problems like i am now,  If i try different Viewers.. hopefully someone can tell me whats that update thing mean,,,        thank you,

Your graphics drivers tell your computer exactly what to draw on the screen. They're usually updated occasionally to fix problems and support new software better. If you haven't updated your video drivers since Vista was the standard Windows operating system they may be very out of date. Next time you see that message hit "Yes" - it should just take you to website of the company that manufactured your laptop's video system.

Evenessence wrote:

Hi i have a friend that cant see avitars but can see everything else..he can see parts of the avitar like hair shoes and jewlery but cant see the avi's skin they are gray..Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thank you!!

There are three possibilities that I'm aware of:

1) They're using a viewer that hasn't been updated recently. The way avatars are rendered has changed and you must use a recent, updated viewer to see them. The Linden Lab viewer, Firestorm, Singularity, CoolVL, Catznip and Exodus all have current updated viewers available. The old Viewer 1.23 and Phoenix aren't updated and won't be.

2) If they have an updated viewer and still can't see them, they might be someplace like a school or workplace that uses a "proxy" to connect to the Internet. This controls what sorts of things people can communicate with on the Internet. The proxy needs to be adjusted to allow the new avatar-baking system - your friend will need to contact the people running their network to get the proxy adjusted if this is the case.

3) The third possibility is they're using wireless internet, especially if it's from cell-phone suppliers - some of them don't send the new avatar-rendering messages properly. T-Mobile is a company that is known to cause problems because of this.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.