Harassment and the bad review

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That's not very helpful. If that is the extent of their customer service, then I would indeed report it in a review, because reviews are for both product and customer service. You might well be misunderstanding something, I dont know, but if so, it is the merchant's job to figure out what and how. In any case, you have done the merchant a favor in reporting the problem.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

A review still remain a rating way. and if i think an item i bought only desserve 1 or 2 stars, ill say it and explain why. The fact i contact the merchant or not is totally another story. 

Good point.  As a customer if I purchase an item and it is just as described (ie. not missing any parts or not having a resizer script when the description says it does, etc.) but I don't feel it is well-made or something, I *may* leave a review.  As we have discussed quite a bit in the Merchant Forums, it is a relatively small percentage of people who leave a review at all and I used to be one of them but I now try to remember to do so since, as a merchant, I really appreciate it when my customers do so.

If I purchase an item and there is something not as described, then I first IM the merchant to pleasantly ask for it to be rectified.  An actual situation - I purchased a pair of shoes in world from a very well known designer of Steampunk clothing.  The posted ad copy with photo indicated that the shoes were mod; however, upon wearing them I discovered they did not have mod permissions nor a resizing script so they were not in any way, shape, or form "mod."  Knowing that merchants can make mistakes *and* having had some of my own items that I tested, and retested, using alts mysteriously changing perms for the customer (I can't explain it, just that awhile back on the MP it was happening), I sent an IM or notecard (whichever the merchant stated preferring) and stated the above and asked for a replacement.  I really figured this was just a mistake somehow and my contact was very pleasant.  Unfortunately this merchant responded, "Oh!  That ad was in the wrong spot.  The shoes "around" that ad are mod but that particular pair isn't." 

*Scratches head*  So the vendor ad that showed the EXACT pair of shoes I purchased, stating mod perms was in the wrong "spot."  Ok, then why was the ad the same shoes I purchased.  This is probably my only really negative experience with a merchant; most have gone above and beyond.  Her response spoke volumes about her CS.  The shoes didn't fit, even with my foot at 0, so I ditched them and will never shop at that store again.  Had I purchased them on the MP, I would *then* have left a rather scathing review.

As a merchant - I don't get many reviews to begin with but awhile back I received a review that one of my drapes was "too small to fit any window" and gave it one star.  I state in my MP ad that the drapes can be resized to fit most windows/doors; in the product I give extremely detailed instructions, not assuming that people know how to use the build menu, and offer "house calls" if they encounter a problem - I will come and size/fit the drapes for them.  I contacted the customer and, again, very pleasantly said that I was sorry she was unhappy with the item but that the drapes are resizeable and I would be happy to come and fit them for her.  She said that she had since moved and didn't need them now anyway.  I offered to refund her money (not to get a good review, just that's how I do business - that costs me nothing for future positive word of mouth advertising).  She declined but thanked me for contacting her and said I offered excellent CS and updated her review to reflect this.

From that experience, I now have in my MP listings and on my profile that if one is not 100% satisfied with any of my products, please first contact me and allow me to make it right prior to leaving a negative review.

@Melita - to answer a question you posed - I personally state that I will respond to a customer's inquiry within 48 hours.  (That works for my personal situation; larger merchants or those that have RL jobs and/or travel, etc. may request/require a longer window of time.)  I state that if the person has not heard from me within 48 hours, that means that I did not receive their inquiry and to please try again with both an IM and notecard.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Melita Magic wrote:

Angry cats rule. I like the version where the ginger cat says "you have shamed our family!"

ya i was in tears watching that..that and cobra cat..

i'm gonna have to find the otherone now and watch it hehehehe

I have that video bookmarked and have watched it over the past year numerous times.  Whoever made that video was very creative with the dialog matching the cat's "voice."

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

one question about your feet Sephina.. when you set the color skin do you have basic shaders enabled ?

i usually run with low graphics without basic shaders on when im not doing photos and i had hard times to set my feet color skin with my main skin.. i spent hours and usually it always ended with me giving up.. Then one, day my friend Goran, who also create shoes and feet, told me to enable basic shaders.. it was just magic lol...Now, everytime i need to set a skin color for feed, i start by enabling basic shaders.. otherwise its just impossible to make them match.

Ooooo, thank you for that.  I have avoided the "add on" feet, hands, etc. with the main reason being I don't want to futz around with matching.  So last night I purchased a pair of shoes from one of my favorite vintage designers.  There were no demos, nor any indication on the ad that matching was part of the process. (I purchased in world.)  Needless to say, I was surprised when I put the shoes on, with the included alpha, and saw the shoes included the bottom part of the leg.  A HUD was included, which was mentioned in the ad, but the shoes can be different colors so that was my assumption there.  I tried all the preset shades - tried wearing various stockings to see if matching to them was easier; after about an hour I was tearing my hair out.  I finally got the shade *sort of * close, if one doesn't cam in too closely to my feet, but then why wear pretty shoes. 

There were also invisiprims included for v1 viewers so at one point I decided to go that route.  Ummmm..apparently v3 version viewers see that differently (pauses for the collective DUH!) as it then looked like my feet were sticking out of my shoes.

THANK YOU for the shaders advice...will give that a try. :)

You are welcome Czari :smileyhappy:

i cant tell the massive ammount of hours i spent on these shoes and feet... while you know, i have already a so busy schedule.. and this till crying... 

Goran often proposed me to help me.. since i have a lot of shoes from him. And then one day, i was totally irked by that.. so i sent to him a friendly im , asking him to not aware me about his next releases anymore bec, im sorry, but its impossible for me.. whatever i do, or the time i deed to that, i cant fix this damn feet skin..

So Goran came in my workshop and he told me the settings for my skin. but i still saw my feet not matching with my main skin.. he sent me a snapshot and it was perfect. I sent him a snapshot and it was horrible. Then... it came to my mind !!!! lol.. i enabled basic shaders and OMG ! That was it !!!!

So now... i set and match the skin color with basic shaders enabled... i dont mind it doesnt match when im at my usual low graphic bec i rarely look at my feet anyway.. but when i do pics and so raise till high or ultra graphic, my feet match perfectly with my main skin. 

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

i cant tell the massive ammount of hours i spent on these shoes and feet... while you know, i have already a so busy schedule.. and this till crying... 

Goran often proposed me to help me.. since i have a lot of shoes from him. And then one day, i was totally irked by that.. so i sent to him a friendly im , asking him to not aware me about his next releases anymore bec, im sorry, but its impossible for me.. whatever i do, or the time i deed to that, i cant fix this damn feet skin..

So Goran came in my workshop and he told me the settings for my skin. but i still saw my feet not matching with my main skin.. he sent me a snapshot and it was perfect. I sent him a snapshot and it was horrible. Then... it came to my mind !!!! lol.. i enabled basic shaders and OMG ! That was it !!!!

So now... i set and match the skin color with basic shaders enabled... i dont mind it doesnt match when im at my usual low graphic bec i rarely look at my feet anyway.. but when i do pics and so raise till high or ultra graphic, my feet match perfectly with my main skin. 

This is a perfect example of the kind of thing someone might write a scathing review about -- if they had decided not to contact the creator first. It is also the kind of thing the creator might not even know about, so contacting him enables him to learn about the effect of basic shaders. Many times a customer and I have worked together like detectives trying to figure out the cause of some bug that I can't see but he can. 

ya contacting the store owner first is always best..plus  i always end up talking about the good customer service i get when dealing with them when i do give a review if i had to use their customer service..

i've never really had bad customer service from any yet.(knock on wood).most are willing to go out of their way..

but i'm really nice when i do contact them also..

sometimes i even get extra free stuffs for being so awesome to them lol

Pamela Galli wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

This is a perfect example of the kind of thing someone might write a scathing review about -- if they had decided not to contact the creator first. It is also the kind of thing the creator might not even know about, so contacting him enables him to learn about the effect of basic shaders.
Many times a customer and I have worked together like detectives trying to figure out the cause of some bug that I can't see but he can. 

(Bolding mine)

Oh gosh yes!!!  A woman purchased a closet from me that I sell with mod perms.  I was contacted by her saying that the closet was too big for where she wanted to place it (her attic) and that she cannot resize it, despite it being advertised as mod.  I went to her home and discovered the reason why it wouldn't resize. (I won't bore everyone with that but suffice it to say it was my error so either everyone else who purchased the closet didn't try to resize it, or didn't let me know.)

After that issue was addressed, out of the blue, the closet door began opening inward BUT not all the time.  I'd never seen that before so although the issue that she contacted about was taken care of, a new issue popped up that I'd never seen.  In the meantime, having been in her home and seeing where she wished to place the closet provided inspiration for a new closet with a more vintage look.

Over the next MONTH, I tried to trouble shoot the weird door bug that only happened intermittently.  This included posting on the scripting forums, consulting other builders, etc.  No one could figure out why this bug was so random.  To my great relief and immense gratitude (thank you again, Deja!!!!) a builder friend found what the issue was - it had to do with the animations in the closet and if the user activated the animations before or after opening the closet door.  (I know, it makes my head hurt too.)  I was recommended to a store that sells great scripts (I was using a combo of scripts that weren't playing well together) so that was something good that came out of it, PLUS creating a new product from what began with something as simple as a customer contacting me to say she couldn't resize the closet.

My point is still being missed. It isn't whether it's great when a customer goes to 'work with' a creator but whether that is their obligation. That was my point. 

The question was not how long a merchant gives to reply. The question was how long before a person is allowed to write a review. I know some merchants have a note in their profile about 'wait two days' or 'wait a week' (for their reply on a matter), or whatever. I have one still in my own profile from when I had a busy sim. (There is a difference in the question, especially since not all merchants reply within said time frame, or even after the second try, and some have nothing about that at all in their profile, and some don't speak the same language, etc.) Part of that question was implied: Why should the customer do that? 

Sometimes I buy tons of things on MP at once. Am I to keep a note card going of who replied to what, when, and at which point I can now determine each one's 'time limit' has expired and I am allowed to post something about my end of the deal?

ETA: the rest is to 'everyone.'

So, I see that almost uniformly the merchants are going to give merchant-centric responses (some incredibly rude and personal at that) in a thread about merchants who harass a customer over a bad review. Instead it's turned into the 'lazy unhelpful customers' thread.

For the record, if it's something that I feel is outside the scope of normal expectation, I do contact the merchant. A suggestion or special request would fall into that category, for instance, or something beyond their control, such as SL glitches. (And I do know the difference.) (ETA: Ugh, poorly worded. I don't necessarily contact them about the SL glitches but that would absolutely not go into the review.)

But the customer experience belongs in a review, that's what those are for. If the customer has time to spend helping you (general 'you') beta test what should be a final product, that's wonderful. But that was never what I was talking about. 

Example: I just bought some items on MP yesterday. I am thrilled with them in general, but, parts of it could be more user-friendly, and one aspect was a bit confusing (when you clicked to change something in the menu, it did not change on the note card, and the instructions did not say which took precedence - since it's a security system I don't want to find out the hard way. The 'chat' from the item seemed to show the note card took precedence in which case, I was curious why there was a menu at all. That made me wish the entire thing could be governed by menu, especially since editing a note card within an item might be beyond the scope of a newer SL resident. That's the type of 'minus' I would put in a review, and not go to someone about first. Because the customer who buys the product NOW is going to experience that. That is the product as it stands NOW. If the creator should later IM me that it's been changed for that product, on that page, then I would update my review to reflect that. I feel an 'obligation' to be fair and accurate for myself and for the merchant's sake, but mainly I post for other customers' sakes.) Such a review with positive and negative both fairly examined is helpful to all, in my opinion. 

I'm not someone's mother pinning drawings onto the refrigerator; I spent money and time on the product and I'm going to be truthful about my experience with it. 

And also FYI I left a couple of five star reviews last night in honor of this topic. :P 

I really didn't deserve comments like "if you have ever worked at all" (?) and "you must be a 'very special person'/have an easy job" (so now I'm 'special?') when personal comments never belonged in this topic to begin with and the analogy did not apply here. If one wants to go there, "special snowflake-ism" is rampant in this topic.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

This is a perfect example of the kind of thing someone might write a scathing review about -- if they had decided not to contact the creator first. It is also the kind of thing the creator might not even know about, so contacting him enables him to learn about the effect of basic shaders. Many times a customer and I have worked together like detectives trying to figure out the cause of some bug that I can't see but he can. 

The merchant should have included a warning about that issue in their note card with the product.

Most people realize though that those sculpt feet and their like are notorious for looking different to different people. So even if her feet now looked good to her - would they look green to others seeing her? That's why I stopped wearing those types of feet and shoes. I wouldn't review a product like that at all, for those reasons. Or if I did - in the case of SLink for instance I really liked their products - I would state exactly as I have above, giving all sides and making clear that part of it is outside the creator's control, and that all such products have that problem.

I'm sure you will have something highly insulting to say back to me on this. Ooh, I can't wait. /hoping that means she will now ignore me just to spite me.

I have a serious question for merchants. 

Are you role playing being a merchant? Because it seems as if the responses indicate that. They seem perhaps SL-centered.

For instance, in real life, since some are very fond of going back there ;) if you buy a sweater (to use Reeva's analogy) do you expect to contact the manufacturer and go to their house and try it on and help them to see just why it unravels in that particular place? Or why the color didn't suit your skin tone?

If you eat in a restaurant in real life, do you expect to go back to the kitchen and discuss the meal with the chef, or do you write a review on Yelp? 

For what it's worth I've only Yelped a couple of times and those were extreme cases. But I'm sure some of you are against Yelp as well. 

Thank God my mother didn't pin my drawings to the fridge.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

ya contacting the store owner first is always best..plus  i always end up talking about the good customer service i get when dealing with them when i do give a review if i had to use their customer service..

i've never really had bad customer service from any yet.(knock on wood).most are willing to go out of their way..

I can't think of any negative experiences I have had with merchants, either. They are always very nice. I am always nice, too.  In SL, nothing works better than niceness :-) Actually, nothing but niceness works at all. Something some are slow to learn.

I had forgotten how passive-aggressive your 'discussion techniques' were; my bad for forgetting.

I am always extremely polite when dealing with someone. Even when I was running a sim in which people sometimes called me filthy names I never once replied with snark or cursing or name calling (for example.) If one were prone to such it would come out at times like that.

Your tactic seems to be to insinuate and imply and make sideways jabs, in hopes someone who doesn't know better will believe that about the other person. It isn't appreciated.

I also feel you knew very well what you were doing in your questions about me and my life. Not appreciated either.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I can't think of any negative experiences I have had with merchants, either. They are always very nice. I am always nice, too.  In SL, nothing works better than niceness :-) Actually, nothing but niceness works at all.
Something some are slow to learn

(bolding mine)

Maybe you could start by being nicer in this very topic, Pamela. Or maybe you are just a very special person who's never worked a day in their life or had to work a very easy job when you did. Yeah, that wasn't an insult. Right.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

From that experience, I now have in my MP listings and on my profile that if one is not 100% satisfied with any of my products, please first contact me and allow me to make it right prior to leaving a negative review.

That is a good idea, Czari.  I am going to think about adding that.

Melita Magic wrote:

My point is still being missed. It isn't whether it's great when a customer goes to 'work with' a creator but whether that is their obligation. That was my point. 

IMO, it is not a customer's "obligation" to do anything.  The point I was trying to make is that there are some merchants, me included, who will bend over backwards to do whatever we can for our customers but if the customer does not let us know, we can't.

For about a year, and for the life of me I cannot figure out why, I regularly had customers purchasing multiple copies of an item that had copy permissions.  It was marked as such, I put in BIG LETTERS in my MP ad at the top of the listing that it had copy permissions but at least once a month, if not more often, people purchased multiples.  Did I have any obligation to the customer for them purchasing multiple copies?  I'll leave that for you to decide.  What I *did*, however, was IM each person who purchased multiples to let them know the item has copy permissions and, if they were not online at the time, I left an IM saying I would gladly refund their money but to just send an IM to me to confirm.  (Receiving money out of the blue from someone whose name they likely would not recognize could get confusing.)  Many people did not want to accept the refunds, saying they didn't think the MP took the sale so they repurchased without waiting; others said, "I bought more than one of that???" etc.  AND I refunded the entire amount of the sale to the customer, even though I was charged 5% for each sale so I actually lost a bit of money by doing that but it is just how I like to do business.

The question was not how long a merchant gives to reply. The question was how long before a person is allowed to write a review.

Perhaps the reason this question was not answered the way you asked it is because there is no "allowed" involved.  People can do what they want when they want.  As far as I know, there is nothing in the TOS or MP rules that covers this.  My answer was what I personally offer to my customers.  I can do no more than that.

Sometimes I buy tons of things on MP at once. Am I to keep a note card going of who replied to what, when, and at which point I can now determine each one's 'time limit' has expired and I am allowed to post something about my end of the deal?

You can post anything you want any time you want. 

ETA: the rest is to 'everyone.'

So, I see that almost uniformly the merchants are going to give merchant-centric responses (some incredibly rude and personal at that) in a thread about merchants who harass a customer over a bad review. Instead it's turned into the 'lazy unhelpful customers' thread.

Speaking for myself, I am responding to you as honestly as I know how based on how I run my business combined with my experiences as a customer which have been 99.9% positive.

Melita Magic wrote:

The question was not how long a merchant gives to reply. The question was how long before a person is allowed to write a review. 

Speaking as a customer, if i'm not happy enough with something to the extent that I feel others should be aware of an issue then I am prepared to wait ZERO TIME.  Yes, I'll happily slap that review up there immediately but I try to remain objective and if there are positive points i'll highlight those too.  I will usually also contact the merchant in parallel, more likely if they don't make me jump through hoops and let me use MY preferred method of contact which is IM's (send them to email, stop making excuses about them being capped).

Example, was last week when I bought some lovely jewellery.  One piece was a multi set of hip beads which were only resize.  My review was fair and described that they were absolutely beautifully textured, well made and so on but being only resize wasn't a good fit as it needed to be stretched not sized.  Anyway, I did send the merchant an IM and even gave her a link to a product that would do x,y,z stretch.  I was pleasantly surprised by the IM an hour or two later where she agreed and later sent me the product, modify perm and also with the new script i'd suggested.  

It wasn't difficult to go back and re-visit the review i'd left and add that extra information but what i'm not going to do is try to keep a log of who I have contacted and for what so if the merchant does not respond, then the review sticks.  How quickly they respond will also directly affect how quickly the review is modified where appropriate.

In the past when merchants were not notified by email of a review being left, there was a much stronger argument for asking the customer to contact the merchant first (although it's not one that I supported then, onus is on the merchant to watch their store).  

However, now that merchants get an email when a review is left, if they're not attentive to that in a prompt manner then why expect the customer to care either?  There is very little damage that a bad review can do if the merchant is responsive and a good merchant will take all comments and act accordingly.  While it may be harsh to sometimes hear criticism about their "baby", that's how it is, people have opinions and have a right to air them.  

Melita Magic wrote:

Maybe you could start by being nicer in this very topic, Pamela. Or maybe you are just a very special person who's never worked a day in their life or had to work a very easy job when you did. Yeah, that wasn't an insult. Right.

Seriously? I said -- in reply to your claim that creators are "paid to get it right the first time" --  as a general principle, that IF you (or ANYONE)  claims to "get it right the first time", always, you either have a very easy job or are a very special person.  

Creators make mistakes, and the vast majority of customers are okay with that as long as the mistakes are fixed quickly. I understand that some feel that mistakes should result in a negative review BEFORE contacting the merchant for a fix, and that is their right to do that -- but I believe in giving people a break, unless they prove they don't deserve it. And I am grateful to my very kind customers that give me a break.

I have repeated this several times; it is the only point I have made in this thread. You have chosen to take that as a personal insult. Others besides me, both merchants and customers, have said that they also prefer that creators are contacted before writing a negative review. You are free to disagree. Yet you have stalked me through this entire thread, commenting on every reply I make to someone else an interpreting it as if it was all about you. Guess what? It's not. 

And now I am putting you on ignore. 

Pamela Galli wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

I can't think of any negative experiences I have had with merchants, either. They are always very nice. I am always nice, too.  In SL, nothing works better than niceness :-) Actually, nothing but niceness works at all. Something some are slow to learn.

I remember my very first time ever in sl having to contact a merchant..

it was Wiccan Sojourner..

you may remember her? she was the owner of Bewitched Designs..

She passed away a few years ago..

anyways..i was at one of her mall stores and looking for this outfit called..

NS_ShadoWiccan - Griefers Suck..

one of her venders was on the wall but i couldn'tget the buy sign to work..

i guess she forgot to put the item in there..

Aaaaanyways..

i was so excited to talk to her ..because i loved her clothes and spent a lot of money there..

so i was telling her how much i loved this outfit and this outfit and these boots and so on..

next thing i know i see this in a blue dropdown..

Wiccan Sojourner has given you this item..

NS_ShadoWiccan - Griefers Suck

then we talked for like an hour..

she was so awesome..and made me feel like merchants were just like one of us..

which at the time i didn't know they were..i thought they were something besides just regular users like us..

i still have everything i bought from her and will keep it as long as SL is around..

hearing about her passing away i had tears in my eyes..because she was really such a nice person that went out of her way for me and friended me as well on her friends list..

anotherone was  Munchflower Zaius the owner of Nomine skins..

omg she was so cool..

i don't know what it is ..but when i talk to these creators..we  end up talking for a good hour or two..

i was buying someone skins and actually bought them myself rather than gifting them..

she was so cool that even though i had the skins in my inventory..she sent new sets to the two guys i was buuying them for..

they were like 4k each..for these  skin packs..

how cool was that..

i had a ball talkign with her also..her store was so awesome and i loved her skins..

and i just can't help but brag about how good they are to them..how impressive their work is..

she was just down to earth and really nice..another that will always stick out in my mind for all my SL..

i don't really be nice to them for the stuff..that is just me kidding around..

i just think it's always best to start off nice and hope for the best ..if it goes a bad direction..then it's time to go another direction..

but that hasn't happened yet..

everyone so far has been pretty cool..

especially those first two that stick out in my mind..

Pamela Galli wrote:

Yet you have stalked me through this entire thread, commenting on every reply I make to someone else an interpreting it as if it was all about you. Guess what? It's not. 

And now I am putting you on ignore. 

First of all - you won't be missed.

Second - that wasn't the way it was phrased.

Third - a discussion in an open public forum is not 'stalking.' Get over yourself, take a chill pill, and stop the hysterical retorts. If putting me on ignore is what it took to get you to stop the passive aggressive jabs followed by "who me?" then I am thrilled with that.

Thank God someone finally posted a logical response from the merchant's perspective. 

I made several what I thought were salient points and helpful suggestions including a suggestion box or adding something in their product page and what I got was a bunch of emotional jibber jabber in response, followed by "you're stalking me." 

When someone clearly does not reply to any actual points made or questions posed and yet demands a response to their own highly inappropriate question it's time to pull the plug, which I should have done rather than keep trying to steer things back to sanity.

I appreciate your post below, Sassy. 

___

Sassy Romano wrote:

Melita Magic wrote:

Speaking as a customer, if i'm not happy enough with something to the extent that I feel others should be aware of an issue then I am prepared to wait ZERO TIME.  Yes, I'll happily slap that review up there immediately but I try to remain objective and if there are positive points i'll highlight those too.  I will usually also contact the merchant in parallel, more likely if they don't make me jump through hoops and let me use MY preferred method of contact which is IM's (send them to email, stop making excuses about them being capped).

Example, was last week when I bought some lovely jewellery.  One piece was a multi set of hip beads which were only resize.  My review was fair and described that they were absolutely beautifully textured, well made and so on but being only resize wasn't a good fit as it needed to be stretched not sized.  Anyway, I did send the merchant an IM and even gave her a link to a product that would do x,y,z stretch.  I was pleasantly surprised by the IM an hour or two later where she agreed and later sent me the product, modify perm and also with the new script i'd suggested.  

It wasn't difficult to go back and re-visit the review i'd left and add that extra information but what i'm not going to do is try to keep a log of who I have contacted and for what so if the merchant does not respond, then the review sticks.  How quickly they respond will also directly affect how quickly the review is modified where appropriate.

In the past when merchants were not notified by email of a review being left, there was a much stronger argument for asking the customer to contact the merchant first (although it's not one that I supported then, onus is on the merchant to watch their store).  

However, now that merchants get an email when a review is left, if they're not attentive to that in a prompt manner then why expect the customer to care either?  There is very little damage that a bad review can do if the merchant is responsive and a good merchant will take all comments and act accordingly.  While it may be harsh to sometimes hear criticism about their "baby", that's how it is, people have opinions and have a right to air them.  

Melita Magic wrote:

I've met some wonderful creators too in the past through buying their products, but didn't feel those stories were pertinent to the topic (and neither was my personal life nor job history.)

i wasn't replying to the Op about their topic..

i was just replying to who replied to me in realtion to what we were talking about..

i extended  the conversation..

whatever is going on between you two..i'm not involved with and would like to keep it that way..

if you seen something in their response to me that you feel was meant for you..

which it looks like you did see something..

i knew nothing about that..my reply was strictly back to the other person...sincerly..

i don't do side stepping..

if i have to say something i come straight out and say it to who ever..

they reminded me of a couple of cool times and i decided to share them with them..nothing more than that..

i've done this since the day i came to the forums..and i will always do it..no matter how anyone else outside of that feels about where it fits..

I know that Ceka and my reply was to the topic not to you as such.

This (ETA: what you said about only replying to something in the actual post  you replied to, not the topic) was made more clear in the other thread when you said you had not actually read the whole topic, only skimmed it.

What I was really saying is why I did not focus on those happy times.

I wasn't implying anything about your own posts. (ETA I will say though that a positive reply to someone who is saying all kinds of smack to someone else would imply 'siding with' to the casual reader. Knowing your post history as I do, I didn't feel that is what you were doing, personally.)

PS I don't expect or really even want anyone to fight my battles for me or get between me and somebody rabid. I can take it. And I have to learn to step away from BS.

Melita Magic wrote:

I know that Ceka and my reply was to the topic not to you as such.

This (ETA: what you said about only replying to something in the actual post  you replied to, not the topic) was made more clear in the other thread when you said you had not actually
read
the whole topic, only skimmed it.

What I was really saying is
why
I did not focus on those happy times.

PS I don't expect or really even want anyone to fight my battles for me or get between me and somebody rabid. I can take it.

i just didn't want to leave the impression that i was jumping in the frey..

i've read some of this topic..enough to grasp the topic..

a lot of the extracurricular activities are pretty much what i try to skim over..

i've stepped on a few land mine s trying to pull that off in a few threads..

just making sure i didn't step on anotherone is all hehehehe

I loved your story, Ceka. :)  I remember being in awe of creators, especially certain ones, as well and I've also had situations occur (not necessarily issues with their items) that has resulted in conversations and friendships with various merchants.  I'm a teeny-tiny merchant in the big sea of SL; I was at a social gathering in Caledon a few years ago and a person I'd never met said, "OH! You're Czari Zenovka!!!!  You're the one that makes the <xyz> I love."

That both surprised and stoked me at the same time. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.