Counseling and Ministry service always open

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

NON Roleplay counseling and outreach

Always have an open door to hear and receive guidance for your personal life.  Office open to military personell and citizens alike.  Let us introduce Chaplain Kal Greymoon to you. 

100% confidential services

RL Resume

1978 Seminary School

1980-1984 U.S. Marines Service

A.A. in Pastoral Counseling and Ministry Ph.D

Ordained in 2003 as Board Certified Chaplain

Former Director of Security his place of employment.

Visit his office in the Oceana region or join us for some prayers daily at 5:30 pm slt.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Oceana/196/112/69

NON Roleplay counseling and outreach

Always have an open door to hear and receive guidance for your personal life.  Office open to military personell and citizens alike.  Let us introduce Chaplain Kal Greymoon to you. 

100% confidential services

RL Resume

1978 Seminary School

1980-1984 U.S. Marines Service

A.A. in Pastoral Counseling and Ministry Ph.D

Ordained in 2003 as Board Certified Chaplain

Former Director of Security his place of employment.

Visit his office in the Oceana region or join us for some prayers daily at 5:30 pm slt.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Oceana/196/112/69

I would suggest anyone who goes to this take witha  grain of salt. Since there's no way to be assured their background (though I'm not calling them a liar PER say they could be being honest here). I really worry about these things if people make suggestions that could signifigantly alter someones life or involve medication. Basically here (and even with real doctors sometimes) if it's life changing get a second opinion and question everything. Still I can see how this may helpful for some to talk about there problems even if the help offered isn't anything substantial from it..

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

does this really belong in the education section?

i would say the roleplay section would be more fitting.

I would think that someone's post advertising their location and the non-role play services provided would not fit in roleplay.  Or any other forum here. 

On the other hand a post educating the residents about the location of certain non-role play services.  Perhaps that's not a problem.

why do i say it belongs in the RP section? Because Oceana is a combat sim. The OP is the owner of Oceana VICE/DCS/Spellfire combat/Meter and Para Roleplay region, and LT. Gen. of Nato Coalition Forces (SL) founded by Jayson Zorric combat/roleplay training group. So... It is a military combat sim and this Kal person is their chaplian. And people are supposed to go there to recieve non RP spiritual help.. In a RP sim.

See my confusion?

Either way it isn't about education in Secondlife...

Thank you for responding to my forum post regarding counseling services by a real ministry online. You are more than invited to speak with Kal Greymoon directly and obtain more information regarding the validity of his service. We have been in operation as a group for close to three years and have many military service personnel working with us whom have joined groups within SL that are verifiable entities whom conduct these background checks regarding the actual service of the military personnel wishing to participate in groups that are for active duty service or military veterans. Please feel free to contact him directly for more information.

Qwal our sim is an educational sim for both combat and roleplay.  Education is our primary function,  however we have many that surround our sim and work within our group that are active duty personnel.  Now that is not only within the US but from around the world.  Men and women whom merely want to share experiences with other individuals their second lives.  As you can image this is a world where we do not have to face the tensions of our reality lives.  However that goes without saying that many individuals may experience sadness, hurt, lonliness, depression still within SL.  After all we are still all human behind these pixels.  Within our community we strive to help individuals in any way we can.  Roleplay and combat is merely the activity of the sim.  Our internal purpose is to work with players in second life to educate and assist in anyway we can.  Kal's ministry is merely one of many areas that we assist players.  Anything from helping to sort your hair out, learn about some community sims, groups or events that are in the happening, educate on scripting by certain builders, education on equipment within the military sims, combat tactics, how to roleplay, and our favorite is to work in building character strength of each individual.  It is not uncommon for us to have individuals mentor another not just in the roleplay or combat of the group but to build and mentor as a person.  This is why this service was now added to SL to those individuals needing help and not having anyone really to turn to. It is not just open to military but to anyone who needs help in a time of need.

Greetings Sephina,

We are  non religious group.  So we welcome all faiths.  What the ministers personal creed is is not relavant to counseling services.  This is a means to have someone who can listen and willing to offer his professional help to comfort others in a time of need.  We welcome other ministers of faith or counselors whom are non religious to join us and perhaps provide the same services.  Our current counselor has been with our group for several years on a personal level.  We would ask anyone else applying to participate in this as a counselor be able to provide us with suitable background that may be verified in order to conduct similar outreaches.  Thank you all for the comments.

I've said this before and i'll say it again. I STRONGLY feel this sort of thing is dangerous at best. Even with a medical background because you do not know the person you are giving advice to or there medical and psychological background you are unable to give proper advice to them.That said there is also the fact that if something goes wrong you WILL be held legally accountable. I STRONGLY recommend thinking long and hard about weither you are willing to accept legal responsibility on the account of psychological services rendered in a game. Do as you wish but don't say anyone didn't warn you if something goes bad because I think we have.

Jewels Silverblade wrote:

Greetings Sephina,

We are  non religious group.  So we welcome all faiths.  What the ministers personal creed is is not relavant to counseling services.  This is a means to have someone who can listen and willing to offer his professional help to comfort others in a time of need.  We welcome other ministers of faith or counselors whom are non religious to join us and perhaps provide the same services.  Our current counselor has been with our group for several years on a personal level.  We would ask anyone else applying to participate in this as a counselor be able to provide us with suitable background that may be verified in order to conduct similar outreaches.  Thank you all for the comments.

This I find very interesting.  You may welcome all faiths, but why wouldn't the minister's "creed" be relevant to the services they're providing?  What do you mean when you state that your current counselor has been with you for years "on a personal level"?  How do you verify people's backgrounds?  Is this verification provided to these so-called counselors' clients?

Also, you stated in your first post that your services are 100% confidential... in an environment such as SL, how can you or anyone be assured of 100% confidentiality?  Aren't there certain instances, during the course of counseling, when the counselor is legally required to disclose information to the proper authorities...such as when they've reason to believe that their client is a danger to themselves or others?  How would this be handled in a world of make-believe names and personas?  Do you require that your clients disclose their personal, verifiable information?

This all works in with what Madeline has already written here, all points with which I completely agree and would like for you or your minister to address.

...Dres

Greetings Sephina,

We are  non religious group.  So we welcome all faiths. 
What the ministers personal creed is is not relavant to counseling services.
  This is a means to have someone who can listen and willing to offer his professional help to comfort others in a time of need.  We welcome other ministers of faith or counselors whom are non religious to join us and perhaps provide the same services.  Our current counselor has been with our group for several years on a personal level.  We would ask anyone else applying to participate in this as a counselor be able to provide us with suitable background that may be verified in order to conduct similar outreaches.  Thank you all for the comments.

That statement is very wrong. A ministers personal religion is very relevant to counseling services. I have had Catholic services refuse to help my family when they found out we were Wicaan. They were polite about it but it boiled down to "Sorry, we made  a mistake. There are no more funds." Funny when I called back on my cell the next day and asked anonymously, they had plenty of funds. I would not be comfortable going to a Christian councilor, as I am sure a Christian would be uncomfortable seeing a Wiccan or Jewish councilor.

Greetings Sephina,

Qwal our sim is an educational sim for both combat and roleplay.  Education is our primary function,  however we have many that surround our sim and work within our group that are active duty personnel.  Now that is not only within the US but from around the world.  Men and women whom merely want to share experiences with other individuals their second lives.  As you can image this is a world where we do not have to face the tensions of our reality lives.  However that goes without saying that many individuals may experience sadness, hurt, lonliness, depression still within SL.  After all we are still all human behind these pixels.  Within our community we strive to help individuals in any way we can.  Roleplay and combat is merely the activity of the sim.  Our internal purpose is to work with players in second life to educate and assist in anyway we can.  Kal's ministry is merely one of many areas that we assist players.  Anything from helping to sort your hair out, learn about some community sims, groups or events that are in the happening, educate on scripting by certain builders, education on equipment within the military sims, combat tactics, how to roleplay, and our favorite is to work in building character strength of each individual.  It is not uncommon for us to have individuals mentor another not just in the roleplay or combat of the group but to build and mentor as a person.  This is why this service was now added to SL to those individuals needing help and not having anyone really to turn to. It is not just open to military but to anyone who needs help in a time of need.

1. you really need to figure out how to reply to someone.. I am not Qwal.

2. Your sim is a combat roleplay sim that has classes on how to roleplay. You are not an educational sim. Educational sims are ones that are run by Real World schools and universities.. 

3. I really have to agree with Madeline and Dres.. Online therapy and counseling is a very dangerous thing to get into.

With technology today, any "credentials" physical or online can be Made up and look pretty good. I would hope that anyone in need of any type of counseling or any services such as that not even think about doing this in SL, how dangerous can that be? Well, it seems that Madeline, Dres & Drake covered much of the ground.

If someone is in need of any type of therapy or any kind of support, contactinfg a rl friend or relative to help them through tough times or an emotional need seems safest. They can also help the person get in touch with an agency.

No one can prove they have the credentials nor can we prove they don't. Seems quite a disaterous mix. I would AR someone that "claimed" to be abble to cousel or offer guidance to anyone here in sl.

Malanya wrote:

I would AR someone that "claimed" to be abble to cousel or offer guidance to anyone here in sl.

This isn't an ARable offence, LL wouldn't action it.

It might be, if the suspected fraudster was taking advantage of the charity/edu discount for sim tier by using fake documentation.

Otherwise you're SOL. I don't think even regulatory bodies in the RL region of the potential fraudster would investigate.

You can't realistically protect gullible idiots from themselves in SL or anywhere else online.

Freya Mokusei wrote:

Malanya wrote:

I would AR someone that "claimed" to be abble to cousel or offer guidance to anyone here in sl.

It might be, if the suspected fraudster was taking advantage of the charity/edu discount for sim tier by using fake documentation.

Otherwise you're SOL. I don't think even regulatory bodies in the RL region of the potential fraudster would investigate.

You can't realistically protect gullible idiots from themselves in SL or anywhere else online.

Extending Freya's point a bit---in many (most?) states in the U.S. you don't need any credentials to provide counseling services. Certain terms, such as "Psychologist" are legally protected, but most are not.   A storefront and a sign are all that is required.   

VRprofessor wrote:

Freya Mokusei wrote:

Malanya wrote:

Extending Freya's point a bit---in many (most?) states in the U.S. you don't need any credentials to provide counseling services. Certain terms, such as "Psychologist" are legally protected, but most are not.   A storefront and a sign are all that is required.   

When I was little, there was a shop in town advertising "Tarot Reading, Marriage Counseling and Scented Candles". I'd have gone inside, but those candles give me headaches.

There's a "Psychic Readings Marriage Counselor" in Alexandria Virginia. She's probably been advising the Pentagon and Congress for decades.

;-)

• 2 weeks later...

NON Roleplay counseling and outreach.

Let us introduce
Chaplain
Kal Greymoon to you.

100% confidential services.

A.A. in
Pastoral
Counseling and
Ministry
Ph.D

Ordained in 2003 as Board Certified
Chaplain

Visit his office in the Oceana region or join us for some
prayers
daily at 5:30 pm slt.

We are  non religious group.  So we welcome all faiths.  What the
ministers
personal creed is is not relavant to counseling services.

[bolding & undelining above mine]

Non religious group?  Really?  Ermm.gif

Let's see:

Minister  

Noun

• A member of the clergy, esp. in Protestant churches.

Synonyms

• clergyman - pastor - priest - parson - secretary

Chaplain

Noun

• A member of the clergy attached to a private chapel

Synonyms

• padre

Pastoral

Adjective

• (in the Christian Church) concerning or appropriate to the giving of spiritual guidance:

pastoral and doctrinal issues clergy doing pastoral work

Prayer  

Noun

• A solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to God or an object of worship.

• A religious service, esp. a regular one, at which people gather in order to pray together.

Hmm... all that looks very religious to me.  I wonder how it works as you "welcome all faiths".  Your minister needs to be well educated in all faiths to be able to give everybody proper spiritual guidance which suits each person's faith.  Mission impossible.

Besides there is no such thing as "100% confidential services" in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.