Sign in to follow this  
Dorvalla Cao

Extracting the Avatar XML file from SL

I fired up SL as admin, and tried to extract my avatars shape to XML by going through Develop - Avatar - Avatar test - Appearance to XML, however, when i try to search for the XML file within the character folder of the SL viewer, it's not there, nor it is in the developer SL viewer folder. I also checked in the roaming folder for SL files and checked the user_settings, but not there either.

In a search over the computer, i tried to find it, but the archetype / new_archetype.xml or even without xml extention cannot be found on my system.

Am I doing something wrong here? I thought this was the way to get your appearance in XML form.

If you use the SL Viewer and If you are on windows, then the file should be in:

C:\Users\<windows_username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\logs\<SL_Username>_s_nnnn.xml

where "nnnn" is a number starting at 0000 and increasing with every xml shape export.

• Like 1

Hello ,

when i go to "develop"- "avatar"- "character test -"apearance to xml" - after i clicked that. nothing happens..?? how can i solve that? what im i doing wrong?

Could it be a permissions issue? I don't know, but I'd be surprised if you can export it if it's not full perms.   In fact, it would not surprise me to learn that you can only export shapes you've made yourself, but  I don't know.

When you click to export the shape and the save is successful, the file is written with no feedback. So, you have to look in the folder to see if it was written.

If it wasn't, the shape probably is not full permission. Or you may be looking in the wrong place.