Mesh Materials

JackRipper666

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys, just curious is there any issues right now with SL and textures? I know they recently released sunshine I think it was but when using normal maps and specular maps I get lots of textures where it will rez in fully than appear as if it's refreshing while zooming in up close it constinues to reload textures at times example the normal maps will turn off and diffuse color texture tends to not load or reload a lot. It's as if the appearance of a mesh object won't stay completed for to long even up close. I know objects in distance will obviously needed to be rezed but didn't think this would happen when viewing one up close. But it's hard to explain best I can do is like I already said the normal maps turn off than back on and it's completely random not while zooming away or anything. Just not sure how to fix it.

This is known as Texture Thrashing. There are some things you can do to mitigate the problem.

But, when you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. Get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

I can't suggest much without knowing more about your computer hardware. So, read through:  Second Life Texture Thrashing.

Thanks Nalates, I'll check out the link but here is my info if you're still interested in checking it. 

Second Life 3.6.4 (280083) Aug 20 2013 01:07:51 (Second Life Release)
Release Notes

CPU: Intel® Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (3400.09 MHz)
Memory: 8139 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 470/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.2619
OpenGL Version: 4.3.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.0
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.12
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Built with MSVC version 1600

I'm not really sure what causes the thrashing it seems like maybe it's a result of my rigged armor. I'm thinking about reuploading it again. Maybe the armor could be bugged causing a conflict when worn? Seems as if I wear something else it doesn't cause the issue. Anyway also posting some pictures of the armor I'm working on. I pointed out what it looks like when the textures randomly refresh and it does appear as if it's thrashing as you say or like something is tearing at it. An the normal maps at time fight to stay on and pop off suddenly lol. It's really weird never seen this before. Maybe the pictures can help you understand what I mean.  Snapshot_001.jpg

Snapshot_002.JPG

• 10 months later...

Which options SL-viewer correspond to options
Preferences → Graphics → Rendering (tab), disable Use HTTP Textures.
and
In Advanced → Debug Settings, type in: UseHTTPBakedTextureFetch - set to falsification
FS- viewers?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.