Someone knows why bang hair (made with prims) appears be ''broken''?

Zoya Neaph

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3894 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I decided to use wasabi hair (made with prim) to take pictures, but I noticed there was a problem on the fringe that didn't have before. Someone know how to fix or what is it?
I'm currently use firestorm 4.4.2.34167

Snapshot_001.png

UPDATE 
Regarding the answers.

First of all thanks for answer me everything... and for peoples who don't noticed any difference, I took another picture more closest.

sl.jpg

The texture or prim (I don't know the cause of it) seem to be somehow corrupted or bad loaded, seems that is an alpha layer with some black points indicating the shape, but it's own prim.

I installed the viewer that have indicated, but continues the same way. I believe that it isn't due to the rezz script because other color hairs available in package that aren't used or modified have the same problem. :matte-motes-frown:

UPDATE 2
Problem temporarily fixed!

I publish same pick in another site and a wonderful person gave the suggestion to edit fringe, go at texture layer and put transparency 1. Solved!

sl.jpg

Now you can see difference :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

Thanks everyone who tried to help me :heart:

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

You accidental edited one of the bang prim-linksets when resizing the bangs.

Simply touch your hair. Select the All Prims option when asked and then hit the Default button to return hair to the as-delivered state.

Now you can resize it again as needed.

Also make sure you are on a pose stand when doing this. Some of the hair resizing scripts are sensitive to head movement when running.

Additionally, you need to move your hair forward just a bit so the slight under curl on the end of the bangs shows correctly. You are poking the bang ends into your eyebrows.

As you can see in my badge I wear bangs a lot :D

P.S. If you are indicating that the hair was suppose to be blonde as in the right picture please note that there is a problem, now solved in a soon to be released RC version of the official SL Viewer in regards to the Texture Alpha Mode option. It should be released soon to the general public. A get around is as follows:

Edit the Hair / Texture Tab / Alpha Mode / [change the current mode to one of the other values and see of the blonde color mixes in correctly.]

This manual step corrected an issue I have with seeing some textures that I owned on clothing of mine. It did not help with that same issue on clothing on others. If you want to try the newest version of the SL Viewer, please DL and install this version.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/3.6.4.280083

I'm using this version and it performs very well. It has 100's of fixes to texturing issues in it.

Specific to this possible issue is

MATBUG-175[c]Non-texture transparency rendering as black

• Like 1

Oh my Modeling Training is kicking in. The bang segments have a fence pattern in place of the layered undercurl they should have. Moving the hait a bit forward will help but I can see she also did a bang segment prim linkset resize and not an all-prim resize using the scripts in the hair. [My Agency Manager was a absolute stickler for hair presentation and prim attachments being perfect :D ]

I don't see it at all. You can tell that I do not wear hair styles with bangs (in SL or RL). ;) To me, the "fence pattern" looks identical in the two photos, and I can't see that anything has been resized irregularly. And how can you tell that the hair has (or is supposed to have) a "layered undercurl"?

Giggles - Yeah I grew up in the 50's when being a proper girl woman was totally expected and elocution lessons were still in vogue. Yup, I walked the line with a book on my head. Shhhh - Secretly I was still a Tomboy. - Of course my husband and I were so much more relaxed with our children as they were born and raised after 1978.

Zoya Neaph wrote:

[ .... ]

UPDATE

Regarding the answers.

First of all thanks for answer me everything... and for 
peoples who don't noticed any difference, I took another picture more closest.

sl.jpg

The texture or prim (I don't know the cause of it) seem to be somehow corrupted or bad loaded, seems that is an alpha layer with some black points indicating the shape, but it's own prim. [.... ]

WOW!  Now I can see what you were asking about.  I didnt see that detail in the earlier pics at all.  Yes, that's clearly an alpha problem, and your solution is the correct one.  Congratulations!  :smileyvery-happy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3894 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.