Farms with crops, barns, hay, and such in Second Life?

HenryCrawford

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everybody!

I am curious to know if there are any active or good farming communities on Second Life. I ask because one time, I met a guy who knew of a lady who had a 'farm'. I do not know if it was just an elaborate house or an actual farm. The types I am looking for are farms with crops and not just breedable pets like horses or chickens. If anybody knows where I can find a farm or a region which has a farm of this type (Which grows crops, has hay, a barn, and so on) please let me know and give me a landmark. I would be very glad to visit said places. Keep calm and start a farm.

Yes there are farms in Second Life that grow crops. There are even agricultural sims for raising crops and animals where you can buy/rent land where you can establish your own farm. There are some RP communities that raise crops as part of their role play too.   You can search 'crops' inworld to find out where to buy crops. 

HenryCrawford wrote:

Hi everybody!

I am curious to know if there are any active or good farming communities on Second Life.
I ask because one time, I met a guy who knew of a lady who had a 'farm'

Please don't tell me your friend's name was Mrs Old MacDonald.....(edited for VERY bad grammer)

:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

• 2 weeks later...

The US Extension service (or eXtension... as they call it) has a sim here in SL. Sorry I don't have a LM right handy, but you ought be able to find them.

Currently they are 'running' the Avatar Fitness Club on their land... additional to a Fair Grounds and AgAbility area. The 'club' has been showing up on the Destinations log-in screen, only opened the first of Sept, I believe. Haven't seen where they are doing anything like what you're asking about tho.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.