Leaving Second Life + giving away my money

Parick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Im not sure this story is true and honnestly it looks more like a joke.. But well.. Let's say its true....

You say you can't find friends..... 

So before leaving, i propose you to try a last thing.

Tomorrow at 8 am SLT (5pm french timezone), ill be hosting one of the famous Hippie Bowman's sunday breakfast. Every sunday we meet there and we eat a tasty breakfast and dance. There are usually ONLY sweet and great persons.. All friendly.... 

Try it and let us know... 

It will happen in my garden, so look in my profile picks and you will find it in the 1rst and 2nd picks. You will land in my store, but just make some steps outside, in the back of the garden and you will see us. Im pretty sure (if all this is true) that you wont regret it.

Then you will decide if you leave or not.

We will be glad to see you there :smileyhappy:

Ooooh, I wonder if Parrick keeps his Lindens in his pockets.

Seems like everybody's got a price,
I wonder how they sleep at night.
When the sale comes first,
And the truth comes second,
Just stop for a minute and smile

Why is everybody so serious?
Acting so damn mysterious?
Got your shades on your eyes
And your heels so high
That you can't even have a good time

Everybody look to their left (yeah)
Everybody look to their right (uh)
Can you feel that (yeah)
We're paying with love tonight?

the-pink-panther-pink-panther-7397893-400-311.gif

Moral: Be YOU and open up your sense of wonder and exploration...

Parick wrote:

Hello fellow Second Life residents,

I registered about two weeks ago in order to take a look at the possibly great virtual world of Second Life and I hoped to meet people from all over the world and make new friends.

But unfortunately I didn't make a single frined this time and had a bad SL experience overall. I do know that a friendship takes time to develop, but I didn't even meet a person I could talk with on several days. There were always only short conversations from 30 minutes to 1 hour.

I tried many things in order to meet new people, I even joined groups with similiar interests but unfortunately had no luck so far.

So Farewell to everyone who cares, because I am going to leave SL.

One last thing I am doing is the following (and I hope that it is allowed to do this in the forum):

I still have some Linden$ left on my account and I don't want them to be wasted, so I decided to play a little game and the one who wins will get the L$ I have left on my Avatar.

The rules:

You have to guess the amount of L$ I have on my account and the one who makes the closest guess will win and I will give  this person my money as a present.

Everyone is only allowed to guess once and every number can only be used once (who writes the number first is the one who counts)

This little game will take one week, until next Friday. Then I will give away my L$ and afterwards I am going to delete my account.

Having seen plenty of people 'leave' Second Life, and knowing how much I thought about leaving during the first couple of weeks myself, I'd advise you to just go and find something else with which to spend your spare time doing for a while, and my guess is that you will - as many, many people have done - find yourself curious enough to log back into Second Life again.

I don't want your Lindens, so I do not care to guess how many you have remaining in your account.

The OP has never replied although many people posted heartfelt advice and replies to him or her.

There could be many reasons for that.

I am wondering now if this is some sort of social experiment.

I am also wondering if the OP will split the money between all of those who said they didn't want any of the money as part of that experiment.

I don't know but one reason I didn't take it so seriously is they did not ever reply.

I dunno, Melita, but I think there can be many reasons why people start threads like this one. Maybe it was just a last ditch attempt by the OP to make some friends. But maybe you are right, and they were testing human nature.

Usually someone comes along and says they're leaving, and someone else will ALWAYS say "can I haz yr stuff?"!

Not interested in your Lindens but ty anyway.
I'll just say I didn't come to SL looking for friends as I couldn't
tell the diff between a person and a bot at the time
but I did find lots & lots of really nice people.
Even after the odd stoush with 1 or 2, they're still people I admire.
Just come back in a month or two.

I remember a guy about a year ago leaving Second Life. He gave me all his money $L35,000

He came back 3 weeks later.

Maybe you should wait a few weeks before dumping your cash. You may feel differently in a week or so

My guess would be $L23,000

If I win. I Will will hold the cash for 3 weeks incase you come back and want it back. I will return it if you requested it.. Only 3 weeks though! LOL

Second Life is filled with beautiful places and their owners have to pay monthly tier to LL or a land baron. You can give the money trough tip jars in those places or contact the owner directly. Amnesty International has some tipjars in SL. If you look well enough, you will probably find other charities. No need to complicate things.

Uallas Borgin wrote:

Second Life is filled with beautiful places and their owners have to pay monthly tier to LL or a land baron. You can give the money trough tip jars in those places or contact the owner directly. Amnesty International has some tipjars in SL. If you look well enough, you will probably find other charities. No need to complicate things.

/waves to Uallas and sends hugs to Maga!!!

(Speaking of beautiful places built by their owners - also beautiful people!) :heart:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.