Grid Status failure: RC rollout not reported

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

According to the Grid Status page, nothing has happened since the Main Channel rollout on Tuesday.

According to the Twitter feed, SLGridStatus, the RC rollout took place as planned. The link given in that tweet iis to the Main Channel rollout status message.

Compare Twitter:SLGridStatus and the Grid Status web page 

Has the rollout taken place?

Please, extract digit

Wolf

I am not sure what was there when you posted but this is what I see now:

[RESOLVED] Rolling Restarts Main Channel

Posted by Status Desk on August 20th, 2013 at 09:43 am PDT

[RESOLVED 9:43 AM PDT, 20 August 2013] The rolling restart for the main Second Life server channel are now complete.

[uPDATED 6:48 AM PDT, 20 August 2013]  We are currently undergoing the rolling restarts for the main Second Life server channel.

[Posted 10:34 pm PDT, 19 August 2013] We will be performing rolling restarts for regions on the main Second Life server channel on Tuesday, August 20, beginning at approximately 5:00AM PDT. Please refrain from rezzing no copy objects, making inworld L$ transactions and remember to save all builds.

As You say no record whatsoever of the RC rolls - even the original post warning that it was about to happen is gone.  I don't know where their finger went...it may have been extracted, but from where who knows!

It is clear that this GSP issue is a long way from being sorted - I have to wonder at the nature of LL internal communication on this.

Darien

While it may well be perfectly possible for any given individual to go inworld and check whether or not a roll has occurred, that is simply not the point.

The Grid Status Page is supposed to be just that, a regularly updated record of what is happening on the Main Grid, sometime on the Preview Grid also.  It has become utterly unreliable, even on occasion misleading.

That a record of the Rolls to all the RC channels is totally missing is (in my view, and this is obviously purely personal) quite unacceptably poor communication.  That it can be done has been shown on many occasions.  That it is now not happening is an indictment of Linden Lab.

Now I don't for one moment imagine that anyone at The Lab will read this, or care two hoots but the point needs to be made.

ETA

I see from the main release thread that the twitter feed of the RC roll points at the Main Server roll also.  Bonkers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.