how do i tilt while walking in 3rd person?

Amandeep Timeless

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Our avatars don't tilt.  They stand up straight, with their center of gravity over their feet.  They cannot "tilt" and never could, even in 1.23.  Unless you mean something entirely different when you say "tilt", of course.  If you want to provide extra information or need to clarify your question, click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT. Please do not start a new thread. Doing that makes it hard for us to see what other people have already suggested, and it pushes other residents' questions off the page.

I'm assuming that you're looking for the "Camera Angle" slider that used to be present in the Preferences.

There are some contols for this on the "Move and View" tab of Preferences, but most of these older controls were moved to debug settings. Accessing these can be a little complicated.

Penny Patton goes into great detail of the process in a step-by-step fashion on her blog: http://pennycow.blogspot.com/2012/01/improving-sl-camera-short-version.html

The settings she outlines will allow you to raise or lower the third-person follow-cam, as well as change it's default distance from you, and where it should center by default in relation to your avatar. As a side-note, you can also use the debug settings to customize the "Front view" and "side view" cameras as well.

I don't know if this is still relevant at all and I couldn't find anyone that knew anything about it. But I just messed up my cam while trying to type. It did exactly what you explained. Turns out all you do is hold Ctrl and press the ( ) keys and it changes your cam view. If you find you are looking at yourself at a distance and can see what's ahead of you, just zoom in with your mouse. Never knew about this till i accidently did it. Hope it helps at least someone. :D

CTRL + 9 is one of the standard ways to reset your camera when it goes wonky (ESC or Shift+ ESC is the other one). The OP is talking about something different. She wants her camera to be able to lean sideways on purpose, the same way that you can make it lean forward/backward if you hold down CTRL +Alt and then hold your left mouse button and move the mouse forward or back. AFAIK, there's no way to do a tilt sideways, however.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.