Major bake failure since ssb went live

Sadie Chayoo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there guys. Just wanted to add something from me, as I got a similiar problem since SSB went live, but...

Everything seems to be working fine with all these prim or mesh objects around me and on me or on other avatars, but not the textures of avatars themselves nor the cloth layers (including alphas). Funny thing is that when I step into "edit appearance" mode it shows me my avatar correctly, but right after I close that mode it comes back into gray. I see all avatars like this. I cleared cache, also deleted the content of the cache folders manualy, I reinstalled, used both viewers - SL viewer from LL and Firestorm (both with clear installation without the other viewer installed and with deleted cache and log folders) and nothing has changed. Fact is that I am said to be seen normal by other residents.

Anybody sees any solution to that ?

I have seen this problem since the last roll of the servers  I do see it more in FS than LL viewers  rebake seems to have no effect 

A relog normally cures the problem  this is taking us back to the 2006 problem )) I am sure they will find the zero's that should be one's and flip them soon ....maybe

For now just try a relog and see if that corrects the problem

okoolarnik Gabe wrote:

Hi there guys. Just wanted to add something from me, as I got a similiar problem since SSB went live, but...

Everything seems to be working fine with all these prim or mesh objects around me and on me or on other avatars, but not the textures of avatars themselves nor the cloth layers (including alphas). Funny thing is that when I step into "edit appearance" mode it shows me my avatar correctly, but right after I close that mode it comes back into gray. I see all avatars like this. I cleared cache, also deleted the content of the cache folders manualy, I reinstalled, used both viewers - SL viewer from LL and Firestorm (both with clear installation without the other viewer installed and with deleted cache and log folders) and nothing has changed. Fact is that I am said to be seen normal by other residents.

Are you either logging in with a cellular-phone-network connection or in some sort of location like a school or workplace that uses a proxy system? Both of those situations are known to cause problems.

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

okoolarnik Gabe wrote:

Are you either logging in with a cellular-phone-network connection or in some sort of location like a school or workplace that uses a proxy system? Both of those situations are known to cause problems.

Last night was the first time I witnessed an Ava not rezzing / Remaining a cloud since SSA went grid wide.  And they told me that they were not rezzing for themselves either.

The first time was on initial log in.  Relogging fixed.

Second time was after a TP.  Again, relogging fixed.

When talking with them about it they told me that they had cranked up an old lap top they don't normally use for SL (I don't know the specs) AND that they were connecting over their wireless.  Usually they connect hard wired / ethernet.  They hooked back up with their ethernet and although they were lagging on the old lap top, the rez failures stopped.  They told me that their wireless was pretty poor in general.

So it appears a communication break down can occur that SSA cannot correct for.

No. I am using an internet connection at home. Fact is that it's being provided by radio signal, but still this problem wasn't happening before SSB went live. Tried to use many advices like reloging, test male, even test female :), nothing has changed. I am still gray to myself the same as other avatars are gray. Everything else seems to be working fine, I mean the objects, even those attached to avatars. I can see myself properly only in edit appearance mode. Does it mean I got to get used to that and use more imagination?

Well there is a simple way to see if your problem is being caused by your connection via wireless  go out and buy a cat 5 cable and hook up directly into your modem or router and retest  I still see various non rezzing conditions earlier today my lips tonight a tat relogging forced a rez. Wireless has long been known to have problems with SL as there are many variables. Something as simple as someone  walking into the room creating a reflection of the signal can cause a failure. Oh and one more thing I walked around with a gray face for 15 minutes today everyone else saw me fine 

okoolarnik Gabe wrote:

No. I am using an internet connection at home.
Fact is that it's being provided by radio signal
, but still this problem wasn't happening before SSB went live. Tried to use many advices like reloging, test male, even test female
:)
, nothing has changed. I am still gray to myself the same as other avatars are gray. Everything else seems to be working fine, I mean the objects, even those attached to avatars. I can see myself properly only in edit appearance mode. Does it mean I got to get used to that and use more imagination?

Sounds like you have a similar problem to people on cell phone networks then. The SSB system expects the appearance "packets" to be a certain size and some wireless internet systems do things to reduce or change packet size - T-Mobile is known to do this. Take out a BUG report telling what's happening and tell them the name and details of your service provider.

okoolarnik Gabe wrote:

No. I am using an internet connection at home. Fact is that it's being provided by radio signal, but still this problem wasn't happening before SSB went live. Tried to use many advices like reloging, test male, even test female
, nothing has changed. I am still gray to myself the same as other avatars are gray. Everything else seems to be working fine, I mean the objects, even those attached to avatars. I can see myself properly only in edit appearance mode. Does it mean I got to get used to that and use more imagination?

What is your bandwith set to? if it is higher than 500 for wireless it is too high.

It was amusing seeing parts of avi's hopping around dancing feet with no body etc, now it's a pain.

And yes, things were fine before server side baking, odd bug here and there, but certainly better than now.

I doubt LL servers can actually cope with the extra work piled into them, they are as old as many avi's  :)

Hi Roxan wrote:

It was amusing seeing parts of avi's hopping around dancing feet with no body etc, now it's a pain.

And yes, things were fine before server side baking, odd bug here and there, but certainly better than now.

I doubt LL servers can actually cope with the extra work piled into them, they are as old as many avi's 

and you visited the server farm, when? looked up the serial numbers did you? got a private tour from Rod? or are you just talking out of your butt?

I would hope they would use the latest tech for their servers.

XLR8RRICK Hudson wrote:

What I have found to work around the bakefails is;

I am sure Linden Labs will be polishing the SSA code for even better performance.

before "polishing for performance", I would prefer just WORKING!

Yet another bake fail for me, far more issues than before SSA, so far i'm not impressed!

I hate the delays too, no feedback when wearing or removing an item, you just wait and wait and wait and maybe it'll bake.  I can wait up to a minute sometimes for a clothing change and yet immediately it shows as worn in inventory thus I have no idea whether it's working or not, going to change soon or never.

As always the blame is instantly placed on the user.  I have a 30mpbs connection, which I dare say is faster than 90% of SL users.  I just got a NEW router as well, so maybe it's LL and not me.  Everyone I know is having issues with it.  Thanks for playing.  Next time try being constructive instead of destructive.

Jaffee Gaffer wrote:

As always the blame is instantly placed on the user.  I have a 30mpbs connection, which I dare say is faster than 90% of SL users.  I just got a NEW router as well, so maybe it's LL and not me.  Everyone I know is having issues with it.  Thanks for playing.  Next time try being constructive instead of destructive.

What was destructive about her post?

There is an actual issue that LL is working on related to this.

I can only guess that everyone you know must be plugged in to your router if everyone you know is having major bake fail.

I'm on a measly 6MB and I'm not having any trouble.

And not a single one of my friends is either.

Go figure.

Do you have something constructive to add?

Like maybe a solution for this user?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.