Major bake failure since ssb went live

Sadie Chayoo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

here are some images the have been posted

this is how I look when I rez inworld

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11384178@N07/9564495929/in/photostream/

this is how I look after a rebake ( my screen only)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11384178@N07/9567288500/in/photostream/

this is what I look like on everyone ( other avatars) screens

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11384178@N07/9567289280/in/photostream/

You client no longer "sees" what the other avatar looks like inworld-the ssb server supply's the image to your client of what they look like. This is what the ssb server is telling other avatars I look like. This is a major failure, my avatar has been destroyed by ssb!

And yes we did all the 20 things to try clearing/reinstalling/drivers-ect

this is a new problem, and its an ssb problem -I couldn't submit a ticket because there is no category for something like this.  The full scope of this is going to unfold slowly, you don't know you look like this to other avatars, unless they tell you.

Then there is no way to report it- so LL is thinking they just did a great thing-here's there are major issues, and they don't even know it-so I'm posting it here.

Is there a Linden here from the technical dept?

You can change any part of the avatar outfit and it makes no difference in what others see. Even tried all the LL basic avatars. It changed on my screen but not anyone else. The ssb server continued to supply the image that I posted , no matter what I look like on my screen

Did you do what I suggested in my reply to your "Answers" post? I'll repeat it here:

Make sure you have one and only one folder in your inventory labled "Current Outfit" and that it's sitting in your main inventory along with the system folders instead of being tucked into another folder. If you have more than one "Current Outfit" folder or it's buried inside another folder you need to contact Linden Lab support to have your inventory repaired.

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

Without that information all we can do is guess. That means you have to try all our bad guesses and eliminate them one by one. This is easier for all of us, if you give us good information to start with.

Not knowing which viewer and version you are using, we are just wildly guessing at what may be the problem. If You are running Phoenix, that is the problem.

Otherwise you may have a corrupt current outfit folder...

...and no there is never a Linden here. Well... almost never.

heres more info

Second Life 3.6.3 (279564) Aug  5 2013 20:45:01 (Second Life Release)
Release Notes

You are at 257149.0, 260496.0, 105.0 in Oslar located at sim10323.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.50.45:13009)
Second Life Server 13.07.26.279129
Release Notes

CPU: Intel® Core i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (4300 MHz)
Memory: 16003 MB
OS Version: Linux 3.8.0-25-generic #37-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 6 20:47:07 UTC 2013 x86_64
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 480/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Version: 4.3.0 NVIDIA 313.30

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/1.0.0d zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v6.4.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.12
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Vivox 3.2.0002.10426

Built with GCC version 40603
Packets Lost: 0/6103 (0.0%)Second Life 3.6.3 (279564) Aug  5 2013 20:45:01 (Second Life Release)
Release Notes

You are at 257149.0, 260496.0, 105.0 in Oslar located at sim10323.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.50.45:13009)
Release Notes

CPU: Intel® Core i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (4300 MHz)
Memory: 16003 MB
OS Version: Linux 3.8.0-25-generic #37-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 6 20:47:07 UTC 2013 x86_64

OpenGL Version: 4.3.0 NVIDIA 313.30

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/1.0.0d zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v6.4.1
Voice Server Version: Vivox 3.2.0002.10426

Built with GCC version 40603
Packets Lost: 0/6103 (0.0%)

Here's the story on current outfit folders there are two currebt outfit folders-one is a system folder, the other is in clothing-it is empty but I can't delete it what do I do to fix it?

her I'm trying the other side-all the computers on our lan are dual boot  Windows linux

Second Life 3.6.3 (279564) Aug  6 2013 00:25:49 (Second Life Release)
Release Notes

You are at 255,870.0, 256,134.0, 2.8 in Smith located at sim9068.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.42.4:13028)
Release Notes

CPU: Intel® Core i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (3686.44 MHz)
Memory: 16338 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.1422
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.0
Voice Server Version: Vivox 4.5.0009.17865

Built with MSVC version 1600
Packets Lost: 0/3,176 (0.0%)

logged in at smith for the best shot at success

Current outfit folder thing

the official viewer has marked both folders as system folders-one is in clothing the other is an inventory system folder in the usual place what do I do ?

Sadie - as this is a technical issue I suggest you raise it on the Second Life JIRA.  Read the information on how to create an entry and then fill in the form with all the information you have provided here - especially the pics and the fact that you have more than one Current outfit folder, and state that you believe you may have an incidence of SUN_99 - 'Bakefail on SSA regions only. When entering into SSA region, skin and system clothes fail to bake'.  Keep checking back there regularly to see what the response is, as they may ask for further information.

Good Luck.

Sadie Chayoo wrote:

the official viewer has marked both folders as system folders-one is in clothing the other is an inventory system folder in the usual place what do I do ?

There's your problem - SSA requires one and only one Current Outfit foldr - this is a known issue and Linden Lab can repair it. If you're Premium you can contact live chat 0 other than that you'll have to take out a support ticket.

You can always count on Linden Labs to fix something that wasn't broken, and thereby ensure that it's broken for weeks or months afterward.  Baking was NOT a problem, but is certainly is now.  What a stupid screwed up mess.  This is the SLOWEST baking I've seen since I started in 2007.  In fact, some things NEVER bake until you reboot several times.  Can we just go back to client side baking?  

Jaffee Gaffer wrote:

You can always count on Linden Labs to fix something that wasn't broken, and thereby ensure that it's broken for weeks or months afterward.  Baking was NOT a problem, but is certainly is now.  What a stupid screwed up mess.  This is the SLOWEST baking I've seen since I started in 2007.  In fact, some things NEVER bake until you reboot several times.  Can we just go back to client side baking?  

And of course it has NOTHING to do with your connection or router despite 99% of people not having problems, just like your constant inventory problems had NOTHING to do with your connection and router before.

Well I guess I am not the only one who is having the same issues.....Not thatthis is any sort of comfort though.... and I do not not see a differnce when wearing stuff.. how it is suppose to be almost instant.....instead of taking a few second.. it still takes a few seconds...Good thing I was not holding my breath...I spent a whole night dancing and my dance parter seen me as grey excpet feet and hair yet I seen myself correctly.  No matter what we did helped :matte-motes-crying:

LadyPetunias Audion wrote:

Well I guess I am not the only one who is having the same issues.....Not thatthis is any sort of comfort though.... and I do not not see a differnce when wearing stuff.. how it is suppose to be almost instant.....instead of taking a few second.. it still takes a few seconds...Good thing I was not holding my breath...I spent a whole night dancing and my dance parter seen me as grey excpet feet and hair yet I seen myself correctly.  No matter what we did helped :matte-motes-crying:

I don't recall anyone saying it wout be "almost instant." It's much faster for EVERYONE ELSE to see your changes though - up to two or three times as fast. If  you remember how when you used to change outfits you'd see yourself sharp, then blurry, then (hopefully) sharp again? Nobody else saw your changes until after that blurry phase. As far as your partner seeing you gray, that's a symptom of wearing a bad alpha - I see  you had alpha problems a couple of months ago. Were you wearing that same one?

Sadie Chayoo wrote:

her I'm trying the other side-all the computers on our lan are dual boot  Windows linux

Second Life 3.6.3 (279564) Aug  6 2013 00:25:49 (Second Life Release)

Release Notes

You are at 255,870.0, 256,134.0, 2.8 in Smith located at sim9068.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.42.4:13028)

Release Notes

CPU: Intel® Core i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (3686.44 MHz)

Memory: 16338 MB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.1422

OpenGL Version: 4.2.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1

J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.0

Voice Server Version: Vivox 4.5.0009.17865

Built with MSVC version 1600

Packets Lost: 0/3,176 (0.0%)

logged in at smith for the best shot at success

There's your problem..

The latest nvidia driver is  9.18.0013.2049

ETA. What is your bandwith set to in SL?

We were at a dance last night, my partner said  "oh its a change to see you smiling" i said i'm not smiling, she sent me a pic and sure enough she was seeing me smiling while i saw i was not smiling.

Same as when we telerported home, i had no skirt on, she saw a skirt, and i did not see it till i took it off and wore it again, then i saw it

nikita Jefferson wrote:

We were at a dance last night, my partner said  "oh its a change to see you smiling" i said i'm not smiling, she sent me a pic and sure enough she was seeing me smiling while i saw i was not smiling.

Same as when we telerported home, i had no skirt on, she saw a skirt, and i did not see it till i took it off and wore it again, then i saw it

A few comments here.  Really I am talking to the topic as a whole.

I think there is some misunderstanding about SSA in general.  SSA deals with TEXTURES baked on the Avatar which by its nature includes skins, system clothes and tattoo layers.

It does NOT deal with attached items such hair, skirts, etc that are made from prims, sculpts or mesh.  They fall under another category.  Sometimes there is a failure by your viewer to render an attached object or any object in general for that matter.  That is a problem that most of the issues have now been fixed.  But occasional failures by a Viewer to render an object do still happen.  But that is Viewer side.

Secondly, regarding animations.

Everything that your viewer renders has a priority level assigned to it.  Until "A" happens, "B" does not.  Animations (here your smile) have a lower priority than other things, though I don't know the specific pecking order.

A perfect example is dancing at a busy club.  You select a dance and your Viewer tells the Server you are now doing The Twist.  The Server sends that info to everyone who sees you.  Someone with a high end computer will see you start dancing faster than some one with a low end computer that is still struggling to process all the background higher priority information.

I've seen it time and time again where it's been asked by someone "do I look like I am dancing" and the answer is yes.  The problem again is Viewer side.  Not Server.

This is a general overview.  I know there are more technical details than what I am stating here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.