since sunshine upgrade other avatars cannot see me correctly I appear deformed

Sadie Chayoo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3898 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

on my screen I appear correctly if I rebake-on everyone elses screens I'm a little white figure with a brown face - I think all my bits got lost in the sunshine upgrade ei ( I can change shapes on my screen , but nothing changes on anyone elses screen that see's me. The info just isn't coming from the sl server to anyone else about me. Now with the server side baking- it just isn't happening. I have a lot of money invested in my girl, don't want to lose this . How can iot be fixed?

I tried clearing the cache-no

using the official viewer-no

deleated the cache-no

the server side isn't supplying the info to other avatars about my appearance

help this is serious

21 answers to this question

Sadie,

For this type of issue a Clean Install [ Manual deletion of the Viewer Support Folders ] allows you to recover from and continue. This manual deletion step not only deletes the contents of various caches [textures, non-deleting textures, compromised indices] it also removes compromised configuration XML files and other support structures. ~ If you are using the latest Official SL Viewer, you appearing correctly to yourself on your screen shows that Server Side Appearance is working since your "look" is and was "Baked" on the SSA Servers at Linden Lab. BTW you may bypass the Graphics Driver update step.

1) Identify the Video / Graphics system in your PC and get the most current drivers direct from the Video System manufacturer.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics

2) Reinstall SL again using the official version from Linden Lab. [be sure to do a clean install and do not skip steps]

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life...

Here is the Windows 8 Manual System File cleanup procedure since it's not in the procedure above.

Windows 8
1.Using File Explorer -> Libraries / Computer / ( C: ) / Users /
2.Press the Continue button to get permission to obtain permanent permission edit this directory.
3.From the View drop-down menu option select Options & Change Folder & Search Options
4.Select the View Tab
5.Under the Hidden Files and Folders options click on the - O Show hidden files, folders & Drives radio button
6.Push the Apply Button then the OK button.
7.Open C:\Users\\yourpcusername)\AppData\Local\SecondLife and delete the contents of the SecondLife folder.
8.Open C:\Users\(yourpcusername)\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife and delete the contents of the SecondLife folder.
9.Uninstall Second Life using the Programs and Features tool in the Windows Control Panel.
10.Download and install the latest release of the Second Life Viewer from http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/.

3) Login using that Viewer and wait for a complete Login and Inventory rebuild. Verify that your avatar looks and reacts as you expect. Also make sure that you are being seen as you expect by others.

4) Afterwards, you may use any viewer you prefer but I recommend a clean install of that viewer as well following their instructions.

Sadie,

A second thought - Please do a HELP / About SecondLife and press the Copy to Clipboard button and then paste the results here for us to examine. I'm thinking you are experiencing massive packet loss.

Please update your question with this additional information as follows: Select the Options drop-down menu to the right of your question and select Edit Question.

Make sure you have one and only one folder in your inventory labled "Current Outfit" and that it's sitting in your main inventory along with the system folders instead of being tucked into another folder. If you have more than one "Current Outfit" folder or it's buried inside another folder you need to contact Linden Lab support to have your inventory repaired.

I tried everything you said-doesn't work
here is about
Second Life 3.6.3 (279564) Aug 6 2013 00:25:49 (Second Life Release)
Release Notes

You are at 257,149.0, 260,496.0, 104.9 in Oslar located at sim10323.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.50.45:13009)
Second Life Server 13.07.26.279129
Retrieving...

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 20 Processor (3616.09 MHz)
Memory: 8180 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit (Build 9200)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0010.1129
OpenGL Version: 3.3.11672 Compatibility Profile Context

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.0
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.12
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Vivox 4.5.0009.17865

Built with MSVC version 1600
Packets Lost: 0/6,750 (0.0%)

I'm playing on a lan all the other players av's are perfect I went to a newly installed computer-fresh copy of windows 8. Drivers were updated this morning- nvidia brought out a new one on 08 20 2013. we are running GTX480's or GXT 760 cards.
deleted the hidden sl file- uninstalled all viewers(official and otherwise) did a clean install of official viewer-still the same. The server isn't sending my image correctly to other avatars. I can change my shape and on their screen-nothing changes.They see me as a little white shape and a brown face. I see me as beautiful on my screen.The server isn't sending them my correct image. How do we fix that? This ia all since ssb went on-was fine till then.

Sadie,

you are the 3rd person with a persistent avatar bake failure we've encountered.

Please Submit a Support Case to Linden Lab. If you are a Premium Member feel free to use Live Chat.

We've done all we can for you.

Make sure that you share with the Support Staff that you have tried all the standard Avatar Recovery Methods that were indicated to you via SL Answers.

If your account is structurally broken LL should be able to fix it.

Also, let us know what the resolution is as soon as Linden Lab Support fixes this for you.

I can't submit a suport ticket-the options are

account issue

billing

land and region

Marketplace

Other secondlife properties

the is no category for this, and the sub categories under the main 5 don't apply at all:( _ there is no way to report this,, and it's a serious technical problem they should know about asap. rite now I'm just stuck.

Is that a skin you made yourself? The reason I ask is that if you have a custom made skin, that allows you only the permissions to display it, SSA does not support that. The skin textures have to be publicly available since they are baked on LL equipment now. The white texture is in keeping with the new texture failure mode. Please try a boring skin to see if anything changes.

Clearly you shape and skin texture information is not being passed to others.

Make sure you send this info along as attachments on your Support Case to LL.

Don't forget Live Chat if you are a premium member. If you aren't then there isn't really any support.

However you still have two options ...

1) Click on the 'Linden Research Inc' link at the bottom of this page. Click 'contact' on that page. Write them a letter.

2) Post in http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/bd-p/SecondLifeServer where most people rant (usually quite rightly) about the bugs in SL. There is evidence that LL take notice of bug reports there, if enough people are complaining about them.

I'm not the only one having this problem-The scope of how bad it really is will unfold slowly-unless someone tells you you how awful

you look and sends you a pic to prove it, you won't know. Then there is no way to report it to ll-so they (LL0 got a big problem with ssb and don't even know it

Well we are only dealing with a total of 3 persistent bake failures here in SL Answers.

As major upgrades go this one was pretty smooth. Not that your issue isn't important IT IS! -  So we'll do what we can as volunteers to help you and we too will push LL as much as we can for insight into this issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3898 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.