Sign in to follow this  
BlackHeaven1983

How do I make a GM weapon?

I want to create a GM sword, but I haven't found any tuts on it.  Where can I get the right scripts?  I found this https://code.google.com/p/lsl-code-library/source/browse/trunk/Combat+Systems/?r=60#Combat%20Systems%2FMelee%20Weapon%20Scriptset%202.2.0 but I'm not sure if that's what I need.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

You might try posting your request in the Wanted forum or possibly in the Role Play forum.  This isn't quite the right place to be looking for finished scripts.

The scripts or advise you ask for are far beyond my time span. You talking of thousands of hours work. The complexity is enormous. This is pro work.

A search in the marketplace reveals that there's some full perms GM scripts available, but they are very expensive if you want copy-transfer ones.   However, if you simply search on "sword script" and similar, you should find some at a more reasonable price that work with the Gor meter, or say they do.

ETA I wouldn't normally recommend buying scripts but when you're working with a combat system you need access to the API, so that the weapons can communicate with huds that use the system.   The Gor meter has, as I recall, a particularly complex scoring system, and also very strict and intricate rules about how weapons are supposed to work, so I think you really will need to use their scripts rather than try to wing it.

ETA 2   I recommend buying scrpts written by forum regulars, of course.  I meant I wouldn't normally tell someone who asks in this forum to buy a script, but I don't think you have much choice.