FPS goes down to 1-5 and lag spikes (tested on 3 different viewer)

Surprised Cerise

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey, some weird things going on with second life on PC, if i am moving with the camera around avatars, and i switch back the fps goes down to 1 - 5 fps, i tested it with the official viewer, singularity and firestorm. I am almost out of ideas because i tried everything to fix it, my specs are:

Intel Core i5-4430 4x 3,10GHz
6 GB DDR3-1333
Geforce GTX 650 1GB DDR5
Samsung 120 GB Solid State Drive 840 Series

I tried different graphic driver versions, updated my chipset driver, installed SL to another HDD (not ssd), changed the cache folder, lowered graphic settings to low, reinstalled windows (7), etc...

so yea, i made videos. i hope i find a solution here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EORCWq-xYsI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnC5AcRb-M4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs7ZB41FcJU

This is something that has happend to me quite often, also in my home sim with no people around, suddently it starts doing exactly this untill camming out, wich is driven me bonkers to a point i derenderd half the sim and still kept happening

Now befor i say any more, do you by any chance have google chrome open (or any other browser)?

This is something i accidently found out yesterday night when it happend again and again and went into:

control panel -> computer management -> system tools -> performance -> open resource monitor
in the monitor, go to the memory tab 

Now what i saw is that the "modified" part is behaving as expected when the client is running fine and the browser just adds abit to it
Now here is the thing why i am asking:
when you have multiple tabs open in chrome, chrome uses more memory
when the client starts "hanging", you will see the "modified" memory (hopefully) skyrocket and when having task manager open you will see the memory consumption also jump to 5-6-7GB used

Closing chrome while the client is freezing: freeze gone!
The "modified" and the memory use is still damn high compared to befor the first freeze but it won`t freeze again and restarting the client solves that aswell
Running firestorm without chrome and this just *does not* happen!

Ofcourse trouble shooting for myself is easier then to see if it`s a general freaky issue :)
I have no idea what the hell is going on, but if the exact same thing happens to you, it`s one step closer to hopefully  finding the cause finally

Im having the same problem shown above and it will happen iven when there only like one avatar

ive notice when bringing down the max av imposters to 0 it almost dissapers for good.

that has left me to suspect its a rendering problem due to the new server side baking they have implemented into sl

may be the root of the problem cause this has never happend until firestorm released viewer 4.4.2.34167

eventully satying still in a sim the lag will eventully lift but this will be shortly put to a stop as soon as another avatar comes into view.

system info

intel core 13 322ok 3.3ghz

ram is a kingston 4 gigb ddr3 ram 1600 mhz

hard drive western digital 1 tb drive

nividia geforce gts 450 core clock set to 910 mhz memory is 1 gb of gddr5 ram running at 2000 mhz

desktop computer wired

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.