TP-able dog?

Muletta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Anyone knows if it is possible to buy a tp-able dog? :)

I would like a dog, which can follow me when I tp from place to place (rez-allowed places), without taken it back and out from inventory, all the time.

There are dogs I can wear, I know - but I can't  use them, when I have my AO on. So I would like a dog to rez instead :)

-------------------------------------------    -----------------------------------------------------    ------------------------------------------------------------

Lovely picture, Valerie :matte-motes-grin:

Rolig wrote: You'd either have to wear the dog itself or wear something that rezzes the dog each time you TP to a new spot (and then commands it to vanish when you leave it behind).  I'm not sure why you say that either of those options wouldn't work if you have your AO on.

I have never heard of anything to wear, which can rez the dog per default, in that way – does it exist? And if yes, where can I get it, please?

My AO makes my arms move, and when they move  - suddenly the attached dog is hanging up in the air, and down again and round…it looks very odd (and the poor dog gets dizzy). The same when I ride a wearable horse, and got AO on. The horse moves with the same movements as myself. Swings the hips from side to side, ha ha ha. That does not look good :)

------------------------------------------  ------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------------------------

Rolig wrote: The standard solution there, of course, is to put an animation in the handbag that locks your hand and forearm so that they stop swinging.  If you were a dog designer, you could do the same thing with a wearable dog --- or maybe you could just attach the dog to the Avatar Center attachment point, which doesn't swing.

I can not make scripts myself, but I will ask some who can. Your solution sounds very good :)

Thanks to you, and to all others for the help and comments :)

6 answers to this question

You'd either have to wear the dog itself or wear something that rezzes the dog each time you TP to a new spot (and then commands it to vanish when you leave it behind).  I'm not sure why you say that either of those options wouldn't work if you have your AO on.

Objects can't teleport unless they're attached to an avatar so the only way to follow you is across sim-borders as if walking/flying.

@Rolig - the animations in an AO look, at least, very wrong when carrying a dog.  A friend of mine had a chihuahua that looked more like a breaclet the way her animation swung her arms as she walked!

Muletta wrote:

[ .... ]

I have never heard of anything to wear, which can rez the dog per default, in that way – does it exist? And if yes, where can I get it, please?

My AO makes my arms move, and when they move  - suddenly the attached dog is hanging up in the air, and down again and round…it looks very odd (and the poor dog gets dizzy). The same when I ride a wearable horse, and got AO on. The horse moves with the same movements as myself. Swings the hips from side to side, ha ha ha. That does not look good
:)

That method is used in many products that need to "follow" you as you TP, but I'll have to admit that I have never seen it specifically in a dog (actually, I have never thought of buying a dog myself, so I can't be sure that someone hasn't done it).  Scripting a rezzer for that purpose is a very simple job, though.  I imagine a clever dog designer could do it.

I did misinterpret your concern about the AO.  I thought you meant that the AO would make it impossible to TP with an attached dog.  That's not a problem, but yes, I can see that wearing your dog while you walk around could look silly.  Women in SL have been fighthing that problem with handbags for years.  The standard solution there, of course, is to put an animation in the handbag that locks your hand and forearm so that they stop swinging.  If you were a dog designer, you could do the same thing with a wearable dog --- or maybe you could just attach the dog to the Avatar Center attachment point, which doesn't swing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3896 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.