Beware of others spoofing your SL account in messages to Lindens.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

Male Bovine Excrement.

Only 5 of the 750 possible rez sites rezzed a bus on a timer.  They were all large parking areas where vehicles would not block traffic.  Get your facts straight before making broad fanciful accusations.  2 are still operating successfully.

Well, if I am understanding correctly how they are working come tomorrow (Tuesday) the two that are still functioning will go kaput.

Deploys for the week of 2013-09-23

Second Life Server (main channel)

The main channel is updating to the server project that was on Magnum last week.  This project fixes a few crash modes, addresses some LSL bugs, prevents a technique used to bypass parcel autoreturn rules

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

I finally got a response from Lindens, it turns out someone clicked the wrong "crime", it was meant to be object encroachment, not abusing a Linden
:)
.  Encroachment happens with my vehicles.  The silly part about it is their own regulations prevent them from telling you where the offense took place
so there is NOTHING you can do to correct it.

In RL the idea of punishment is to alleviate crime.  In a dictatorship you just punish with no feedback to improve the quality of life and reduce crime.  So I have no doubt the encroachment will repeat itself and I'll get suspended again but never know where it happened and how to fix it.

Don't be so ridiculous. There IS something you can do about it. You can remove the vehicles. You're the only one who wants them as every public comment you've had about them shows.

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

Why are there so many of the vehicles?

I'm trying to provide good service
with a vehicle about once every 10 minutes on
average
at any one road location. 

No you're not. Nobody wants the vehicles so the only person who you are providing a service to is you. And the service isn't transport. It's personal pride. What you do is a blight on the land, as everybody tells you, but you are so far into it that you daren't stop or it will be seen as a defeat. It's just pride.

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

Male Bovine Excrement.

Only 5 of the 750 possible rez sites rezzed a bus on a timer.  They were all large parking areas where vehicles
would not block traffic
.  Get your facts straight before making broad fanciful accusations.  2 are still operating successfully.

I wasn't meaning traffic block (mind you... :matte-motes-sarcasm:) but at least being in the way of whoever wanting to rez their own vehicle on these occupied public rez zones. All of them are not that large: some are just small roadside parcels and don't even extend on the road itself.

Trying to rez 2 non-phantom vehicles on a pocket handkerchief surface always generate funny reactions, as they try to encroach each other. Watch your toes, everyone! :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

The sites that still rez a bus have a minimum of 2000 prims available and are at least 1000 sqm.  That would allow 61 additional vehicles to be rezzed on the site before it ran out of prims and room for at least 15 physical vehicles although it would be amusing to see them all take off together.

The remaining two sites are experimental ones that DO NOT USE self replication so they will not be killed by the update.  They do not bypass the auto return feature, they rely on it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.