Is there a limit to the number of IMs here?

Studio09

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3902 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a limit to the number of IMs we are allowed here?  If there is a limit what is it? and what happens?  Do we just not see the new ones?

EDIT:  Or is there a limit to the amount of space for IMs?  If there are a lot of pictures in the IMS it could use up a lot of space.

There is no limit when you are online, but there is a limit if you are off line.  You can't receive more than a total of 25 IM's, group notices, and inventory offers and have them available to you when you log on.  You can have your IM's sent to email, which there is no limit to, but after you reach the cap those IM's will not be displayed in world when you log in.

There is no limit stated on the help pages of this forum or on the Limits page of the wiki for PM's.  That doesn't mean that there isn't one though because it also doesn't say they are unlimited.  However I never have heard of anyone saying they were capped, probably because PM's are used a lot less than IM's.

Studio09 wrote:

How about the IMs that I see on my account here on the web? 

Just to clarify, do you mean by "IMs" the private messages (PMs) that one can send to your forum mailbox to which Amethyst has already alluded, or are you calling individual forum posts IMs?  The way your OP was worded I wasn't sure.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Studio09 wrote:

How about the IMs that I see on my account here on the web? 

Just to clarify, do you mean by "IMs" the private messages (PMs) that one can send to your forum mailbox to which Amethyst has already alluded, or are you calling individual forum posts IMs?  The way your OP was worded I wasn't sure.

They could be talking about PMs sent through profile feeds, which, if you don't know the generally accepted terminology, can be rather difficult to describe.

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3902 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.