marketplace merchants doing unfair things [SOLVED]

Flo Memo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3875 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Flo Memo wrote:

Since this friend wasn't used to contact creators (this is what i have been told) i sent a polite and nice notecard 

This is the only bit that puzzles me.  What is there to get "used to" about contacting the creator of an item?  They don't have 3 heads, don't have super powers, aren't in any special arrangement with Linden Lab nor any particular cult or whatever.

They're *just* another resident to whom an IM/notecard/email can be sent.

If anything being contacted "on behalf of a friend" just gets in the way of direct contact.  

TishaRogue wrote:

(insert personal opinion/suggestion for LL consideration for future restrictions: Most RLV games toys attachments furniture etc has in some way adult purposes even if it is a cat bed that sleeps curling up.. the intention of them being that "pet" is adult. RLV should only be able to be enabled by people who have the adult verification complete and turned on . Also items found only on the Adult rated market pages should not be able to be sent to anyone without the adult verification complete and enabled. The purchase when we type the recipient of the gifts name should fail stating lack of age verification)

I know that you say "most" but I would be wholly against the notion of enabling Adult just to view RLV items.  In fact if you use just the word "RLV" in Marketplace search, the top item is a parent/child control thing and that's absolutely not intended for adults (if you understand what I mean).

Similarly, I use RLV for some very specific purposes, which do not fall into the adult trend.  Example, one that automatically changes your outfit into a chose swimsuit when you enter water.  That would be somewhat unfair to expect me to list that as adult because of the use of a feature that is otherwise absent from the standard LL viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3875 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.