I paied for join the group L$500 x 2 times. My friend said it is scam.I want to back my L$.

ZaidaLuna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I paied L$500 2 times for join the shop member that I don't be.

My friend said it is scam.

I want to back my L$1000 soon.

The shop's name is "G&T Creations Fashion & Romance, Wedding Gowns & Tuxedos"

[Transaction History: ZaidaLuna]

08/14/2013 11:29:28 2ae0fb19 Destination:  - MESH MANIAC 2013 GIFT - 
Group Join
Description: - MESH MANIAC 2013 GIFT -
 L$500       L$1,212   
 08/14/2013 11:28:55 06aba05b Destination:  - MESH MANIAC 2013 GIFT - 
Group Join
Description: - MESH MANIAC 2013 GIFT -
 L$500       L$1,712   

5 answers to this question

When you decided to join the group and pay to join, you get a popup asking you to confirm. If you clicked to accept the transaction you are acknowledging and agreeing to pay. Furthermore Lindens don't read this forum so you will not get a reply from any official Linden Lab employee we are all just residents like you. You can try creating  a support ticket but I wouldn't expect to get the money back. Take it as a lesson learned and read what you are clicking "Ok" to. 

• Like 3

I went to the store and inspected two of the group joiners.  They appear to work normally and send a link to the group, which you may join.  There is a joining fee of $L500.  This is a large store, and I seriously doubt that the owner is running any kind of a scam.  However, there is a type of scam that someone can run in a situation like this.

If someone put an invisible prim over the object you were trying to click, it might have requested that you pay it.  In that case, the money would get paid to the owner of the invisible prim (in this case, presumably Mesh Maniac).

I then searched on "Mesh Maniac 2013 Gift".  This is a group founded by a three week old avatar.  It is possible that this avatar is running scams.

When you clicked the sign, did it then give you a link in local chat to click, and did that open the group join window?  That is what should have happened.  Then you would click the Join button, which would give you a notice that you are about to pay 500 L to join that group.  If you then accept the notice, you are added to the group.

If that is NOT what happened, you were scammed by a third party.  I suggest you IM the owner of the store and tell them exactly what sign you were trying to use, and exactly what happened when you clicked it...especially if it gave you a Buy option, which is NOT what a group joiner does.  Or if it opened the Group window for "Mesh Maniac 2013", and NOT the group for the wedding store.

Your chances of getting your money back are zero, I'm sorry to say.  But it would be nice to zero in on whoever is running scams and report them.

• Like 2

Zaida,

I know the owners of "G&T Creations Fashion & Romance, Wedding Gowns & Tuxedos" and they are good folks. The group fee keeps out the SPAMers but is is a kind of investment in that designer because the fashions are awesome. As a group member you'll get that L$500 back in just a few of their Sales.

Do make sure that you read those group popups when you see them.

Hi,

I know its a late replay but someone did point me to this post,

It looks more yoy  payed 2x for a mesh  mania M&M Board

i Never work  with gothas or MM boards, so  i think you made a mistake with where you payed, didnt the transacation showed you the  region where you  payed?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.