Are people allowed to take freebies and sell them, in vendors, for way more than their real price?

JayjaneJay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I came across a vendor, at a furry place, that was selling 3 avatars, each came from the same set of 59 avs, 28 males, 28 females, and 3 unisex.

The vendor is selling the 3 unisex avatars, for L$ 900 each.

I had purchased one of them, and it came with a notecard, saying that the avatar I bought, was his [the owner of the vendor] creation. But the creator of all the parts of the av was not him, and then I found the full set of the avatars, for free, and they were all made by the same person that made the one I had bought originally.

In other words, the owner of the vendor wasn't the creator of any of them, but the notecard included said it was.

But the notecard included with all the free avs, not only was created by the real creator of the avatars, but it said the avatars were meant to be sold as freebies.

I was wondering if this was allowed, because I spent good linden on something that I could have gotten for free. :(

1 answer to this question

It's certainly not very nice, and you should probably send the creator a polite note to let her/him know about it.  The creator has the option of filing a DMCA complaint with Linden Lab to force the vendor to remove the items from sale.  You made the purchase, though, and I assume you are pleased with the product even though you wish you had found the original freebie first.  That means you must have considered it worth paying for at the time.  It probably still is.  It's just really annoying that the money you paid didn't go to the person who deserved it.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.