Is having a "Stay Away From Me Please" list against TOS?

JackWolf Schiner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is having a "Stay Away From Me Please" list against TOS? I am curious, because I was told that if I didn't remove a certain person from the list that they would have banned.

I have read the “Agreement” and the “Terms of Service” repeatedly the past few days to see if I might have done something unintentionally wrong. Within a group that focused on RPGing, it was told to me and others to create such a list in which you would not RP or interact. I have blocked these people on my end. Two of them have started harassing my Second Life partner in which is my real life wife trying to get me to change it. Personally, it came as a surprise since I have been playing a fantasy role playing game for about two or more monthes. I am there only when my needs my help with somethings.

For the Drama theorist, if you are requested by a RPG group to make a list, it is there to GM or DM know who they can fit together in a story and not to have it fall to bits. Randal was a NPC that I played for the RPG and no one knew it was me. It was a blast to hear from some of them that I wrote one the best RPs they had played in some time.

8 answers to this question

Why on earth would you want such a list and where is it, on your Profile? Sounds like you're into drama in a big way. Block anyone you don't want to contact you and leave it at that.

To answer your question though, I can't see how it would be against the TOS unless you were giving reasons why people were on the list and those reasons breached Section 1 INTOLERANCE Community Standards https://secondlife.com/corporate/cs.php

Nobody can have you banned. All anyone can do is submit an Abuse Report and Linden Lab will adjudicate.

• Like 6

In addition to what others already said:

Such a pick is really really useless. Do you believe this changes anything? The only effect you will get is, that you look unfriendly towards strangers and probably create drama, if someone from the list bothers enough to read it.

• Like 1

I doubt it would get you banned, but posting things like "Lindal Kidd is a liar, stay away from her" in your profile could be taken as libelous.  Someone could easily take offense and submit an Abuse Report against you.

Just block people who annoy you, don't try to blacklist them.  They'll do that all by themselves.  See my blog post, "Blockage" for more on this.

• Like 1

The one true answer:

It won't get you banned from SL, but if you're in an RP (roleplay) sim, the sim owner has the right to ban and disallow whoever they like.

WHAT THEY LIKELY MEANT is the sim owner could have you banned.

This makes sense from a roleplay perspective.

In roleplay sims, not acknowledging someone can have a big impact on the roleplay as a whole. Imagine he's starting a fight scene reeaally close to your character. And you have him blocked? Other RPers will be wondering why the heck you're just standing there like nothing happened... because you couldn't see his text to begin with.

Having a block list is unfortunately not wise if you ever hope to RP on a sim with blocked avatars RPing on the sim. Instead, I'd take it up with an admin of the sim/group and tell them your reasons for why you want them to stay away.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.