Arm jerks During VOice Chat (any viewer)

Cougar Hotaling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. I am using voice chat and voice calls for the first time and these service work splendidly except that my avi's right arm reaches out as though he is reaching for a door knob or something. Quite embarrassing really and hilarious at the same time to watch this pervert in action,(lol) but I'd really like to fix this. I also encountered severe echo the first few days but today it is gone. The arm reaching is always present during voice communications and is completely absent with voice off.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I would consider myself relatively unskilled technically. Thanks! Coug

Cougar Hotaling wrote:

Hello. I am using voice chat and voice calls for the first time and these service work splendidly except that my avi's right arm reaches out as though he is reaching for a door knob or something. Quite embarrassing really and hilarious at the same time to watch this pervert in action,(lol) but I'd really like to fix this. I also encountered severe echo the first few days but today it is gone. The arm reaching is always present during voice communications and is completely absent with voice off.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I would consider myself relatively unskilled technically. Thanks! Coug

It sounds like you have an AO with a typing override on. Take off your AO and see if that stops it, if so, then there should be something in your AO that will allow you to turn it off.

Thanks a Million!  Deactivating "Gesture: Speech gesture low4" and medium 1  did the trick, and I don't see a down side yet.

The AO was apparently OK, as removing it did not correct it.

Now I need to address the echo, which is so bad I have to have my girlfriend toggle hers off when I am speaking. I think maybe it is on here end, in her Win-8 laptop that is somehow creating the problem? Thanks again! CH

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.