Sim Crossings - Sailing - Grey Rectangle Object - appears on passenger

Jen Cuddihy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3903 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We've seen this on mesh and non mesh boats the past week or so.   Today i was able to reproduce.   One sim crossing- Jenesis - Second Life Server 13.07.19.278836 to Sconber on Blue Steel.   I had one avatar in Firestorm and one avatar on Secondlife viewer.  It can be seen in both up to date viewers.

I suspect it is the new project - two friends had it happen yesterday - but I didn't have the details but saw the box on a non-mesh boat.

The passenger does not turn into the box, they can change seats.  Picture below........Box and boat

Yep, this happened to me and a passenger yesterday. The grey box landed on me and I couldn't move or control my boat. Only a log-out cleared it but the box was still on the boat with the passenger. The second time it hit my passenger and that was on a different boat. It only occurs on sim crossings. It also seems to break the copy of the boat, as I deleted both versions and then re-rezzed them with the box still attached to the object.

On the last LCC Sunday Cruise we had a lot of sailors complaining about exactly the same phenomenon. I sailed a mesh boat singlehandedly on the latest Sing viewer and haven't had any problems at all ... until i krashered and had to relog. But that's another story. :smileysad:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3903 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.