Griefer attack-Large gray box attaches to vehicle

dd Temin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Linden Labs please take notice!

There are now many reports of "large gray box " attaching to  a moving vehicle (boat,plane,or car).

It becomes linked to the vehicle directly in front of the avatar pilot location.  "Inspecting" the linked object show that the creator of the object is the Pilot/owner name , the name of the object is the Pilot/owner  avatar name. This seems to happen upon sim crossing entry. It is happening in at least several different sims.

I  do suspect that this is some variation of the JIRA VWR-13338 explotation of  the bug in permissions scripts.

Pease post here if you have also experienced this attack in the last few days.

Your wording indicates you think you are addressing the Lab's support personnel. That is not the case. I think it is a near certainty that none of the support people can take time to look through the forum. There are some Linden programmers and managers that might follow parts of the forum, but generally just select parts of the forum that relate to their projects. A few Lindens, like 1% or less I’m guessing, may actually read the forum for more of a recreational purpose than work related reading.

This forum is mostly read by and responses are from SL users.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.