how do i claim my free premium land

Foolish Buccaneer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

It's not exactly "free" land, since you have paid for it with your Premium membership fee, but you are entitled to it.  All you need to do is ask >>> http://secondlife.com/land/lindenhomes/member.php .

You should probably read about Linden Homes and your other option first >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Linden-Homes/ta-p/700103 .  Briefly, as a Premium member you are entitled to a land fee waiver for 512 sq m of land on the Mainland.  You may use that waiver to either (1) pay the monthly land fees -- rent -- on a 512 sq m. parcel that has a Linden Home on it or (2) pay the land fees for the first 512 sq m of land that you buy on the Mainland.  If you choose the Linden Home option, the home is included in the parcel that you rent.  It does not count against the parcel's 117 prim allowance.  You do not own the parcel, however, and you are bound by rules about how you can use the property.  If you choose the other option, you do own the land but you'll have to build or buy your own house -- which does count against the parcel's prim allowance.  You have many fewer restrictions about land use.  Please read all the details on that web page I referenced above.

If you go with land instead of a Linden home, the land isn't COMPLETELY free - you need to pay for it up front but after that the land tier is included in your membership fees.

The simplest way to find land is to open the World Map and turn on "Show land sales." Land for sale will be highlighted in yellow and will generally show its price if you click on it. The sad truth is, though, if it's in a "cool and popular" area it will probably be pretty expensive up front, just like in RL. Waterfront areas and lots in Bay City are most expensive and after that older regions and sometimes locations on roads, etc. You can find a lot of abandoned land for sale for L$1 per square meter and there are private sellers selling it for even less.

• Like 1

Thanks. This clarifies my question about fees. I'm interested in building a small place, with fewer restrictions, not in having a pre-made house.

I've tried to get to this link before and always gotten an "Invalid Parameters Specified" message. This was no exception. Maybe it would answer some of my other questions. For example, I'm not even sure where the "mainland" is or whether a place I'm looking for is there.

Roughly 3/4 of the land in Second Life is in private estates. The remaining 1/4 is in a single estate called "Mainland", managed directly by Linden Lab although overhalf of it is owned by Premium member residents. You can always tell whether a place you have teleported to is on the mainland by opening World >>> Region/Estate and looking in the Estate tab. The name of the estate ("Mainland") will be right there at the top.

47 minutes ago, BronsonRedwood659 said:

So is there any Mainland parcels with adult ratings ?

The Zindra and Horizons continents are both adult.  Horizons being double prim so you get 702 prims instead of 351 on your 1024 plot.  They are, of course, priced extremely high.

32 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The Zindra and Horizons continents are both adult.  Horizons being double prim so you get 702 prims instead of 351 on your 1024 plot.  They are, of course, priced extremely high.

Thanks heaps.  So my point was....if I got with a Linden home, then I have to live where they put the house on mainland?   I don't get to pick an adult region ?

2 hours ago, BronsonRedwood659 said:

Thanks heaps.  So my point was....if I got with a Linden home, then I have to live where they put the house on mainland?   I don't get to pick an adult region ?

The Linden homes are all on their own separate areas and not on mainland proper.  They are the Bellisseria region.  Each home type has it's own specific region and all are moderate.  This doesn't mean you can't have adult furniture as long as it's behind closed doors and your parcel is set so others can't see avatars in your parcel.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:New_Linden_Homes_2019

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.