The sad feeling I get when I log on now a days after being in SL since 2007!

opium Yalin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All! SL is down for me at the moment so i thought id come read the forum while I'm waiting. In 2007 I discovered Second life and it totally changed my world....i was addicted from the start! Everything was much simplier then, in my opinion, I made friends really easy. I done the whole buying land, even had a dog and cat, lots of jobs under my belt and then I got married...which lead to a RL relationship too and today after 5 years, we are married and have a home together :) but......I miss second life alot at times, Ive had so many good memories and then i find myself logging on with the few people i have left on my friends list offline! I wander around, try to make small talk and make afew more friends again but I just cant seem to connect with anyone in secondlife anymore.....I often wonder if its because i've a partner in SL and RL? Surely thats not the reason? It would be amazing to make new friends again and just hang out, create more secondlife memories again after all this time. Anyone else long term SL residents feel this way? :matte-motes-sour:

I had the same feeling when I came back on after a couple of years not playing. I started playing in 2009 and it was the best. I had 4 kids, a dog, and I was married twice. Everything was so much better and a lot more fun back then. I had to take off for a couple of years because of RL and when I came back on, I had thought everything would just be the same. But it wasnt...sure I had some friends that were still online but all the hangout spots and really good friends were gone. All my kids had decided to quit SL and now I'm just roaming around lol. And I agree about there ring new people thing. I tried making new friends but the girls are cold and the guys are just looking for some booty lol. I've been playing for a couple of weeks since I've came back and its not getting better lol. Made a friend here and there but it just didn't feel the same as before.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.