Sign in to follow this  

Interested in Bloodlines? Vampire, Lycan or Human

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

New to Sl and interested in Bloodlines RPG? :) Or Been here awhile and wish to check it out? 

We are a Fun Pack, No unwanted Bite requests, No Trolls. We try to keep everything fun and like any other SL family :) just a bit different ;P We help with Blood, Cider and Lumens, Our minions are always full and there is always someone around to help with your questions ^^

If you join our family, attend our parties, participate in pack hunts, are active in clan chat I assure you, you will LOVE this Pack! 

If you are interested in joining Bloodlines as a Lycan, Vampire, or even a Human You are most welcome!

Just IM or send a Notecard to Athena Naminosaki In-World asking about our Pack and I will do all in my power to answer any questions you may have!

Remember Huds for BL are 599L$ and you must have your own L$ to Pay for it, as everyone else. IF I can I will help you if I have enough L$ on hand. possibly even pay for your full hud if I feel you have major potential to be a great family member :) I also Have done many Turnings and Have Blood, Lumen and Cider on hand if you wish to be turned after our meeting. (of course I would have to make sure my packs matriarch is online if any help is needed)

I Hope to hear from you soon,

Athena Naminosaki

"Death comes to those who can't find their inner strength; The Fury burns hotter then any rage... A pack built on the corner stones of honor & loyalty. We serve only the BloodFury pack. We are bound by blood to protect our own. We will take anyones last breath who wishes to try and pry "our" morals from us. Many have wanted to stand as we do, but the Moon Goddess smiles only on the strongest. Our creed mantra is "Strength and Honor" "Loyalty and Respect" May we meet you in the moonlight."

Athena Naminosaki wrote:

Whether new or old If you are interested in Bloodlines RPG Look no further
:)

I also Have done many Turnings and Have Blood, Lumen and Cider on hand if you wish to be turned after our meeting. (of course I would have to make sure my packs matriarch is online if any help is needed) thank you

Athena Naminosaki

This just sounds way too much like Church to me.

Way too much.

I think I'll pass.

and, thats your choice. The people who wish to join can check it out, you dont have to join. 

May I add that you compared an "Occult" with "church" o.O ...idk that was just kind of weird to me.

Though I can assure you this Pack is NOTHING like a "church" lol it is what you make of it I guess.

This sounds like a Ponzi scheme sales pitch to me.

Which is a bit like the way an evangelical church works, I suppose.

Except the latter are upfront about you not benefitting before you die.

Though Im not selling anything. o.O Just looking for new or old Sl members who wish to check out the bloodlines RPG :)

as when I first started I had to hunt down someone to find out about it. but in order for it to be a "sales pitch" Id have to be making some sort of money off of this. and Im just looking for fun people to join our pack and possibly be a new friend. o.O soooo yar xP

Athena Naminosaki wrote:

and, thats your choice. The people who wish to join can check it out, you dont have to join. 

May I add that you compared an "Occult" with "church"
o.O
...idk that was just kind of weird to me.

Though I can assure you this Pack is NOTHING like a "church" lol it is what you make of it I guess.

It sure read to me like you do Baptisms (turnings) at the end of your Service (meetings).

And if your having problems you call on a Saint (my packs matriarch).

That sure sounds like a lot of Churches to me.

Id hardly call parties in a lycan cave or a biker club "services" ...and that would be the leader of the pack...just like a main vampire, a queen...a president. ect really you can compare and make ANYTHING like that into a "church", thats your deal I guess. Im only looking for Fun, open minded people :) 

I think Perrie was comparing Bloodlines to the Moonies or Scientologists rather than the Catholic Church.

The former two only demand a percentage of your money, whereas the latter wants it all.

Or have I got that the wrong way around?

Tremere Ember wrote:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Pie Serendipity wrote:

You

earn

respect.

Well,

you

haven't.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Well judging by your other posts I could easily say the same for you.

Pie Serendipity wrote:

I think Perrie was comparing Bloodlines to the Moonies or Scientologists rather than the Catholic Church.

The former two only demand a percentage of your money, whereas the latter wants it all.

Or have I got that the wrong way around?

You have this all wrong! Neither the Church nor Bloodlines require you to pay a dime; the only person that would force you to pay anything would be a robber holding a gun to your head. The reason any of us spend money in SL whether it be shopping or breedables (which is very similar to BL as it also requires continual payment to advance).
you just said bloodlines was free... is it or not?
Second Life is a source of entertainment, whatever the person chooses to spend their money on in SL should always be for something they enjoy, the people who play bloodlines play because they enjoy it. Your argument is invalid...

The church asks for 10%... A Bloodlines Hud is $599L. If you want to play Bloodlines you WILL have to pay for the hud. Personally, if i want to be a vampire or lycan (as the mood strikes me) i change into either of those avs and go have some fun. One does not need a hud to be a monster. I think its sad so many new people get sucked into it without knowing the other options.

Tremere Ember wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Athena Naminosaki wrote:

Whether new or old If you are interested in Bloodlines RPG Look no further

I also Have done many Turnings and Have Blood, Lumen and Cider on hand if you wish to be turned after our meeting. (of course I would have to make sure my packs matriarch is online if any help is needed) thank you

Athena Naminosaki

This just sounds way too much like Church to me.

Way too much.

I think I'll pass.

Why did this have to be said? I know what you were trying to say but Bloodlines consist of Vampires and Lycans how does compare to Church? It sounded more like she was speaking about her Role Play in terms of a family (I do agree that I would not have described Bloodlines in the same way) but I think she was trying to convey a welcoming attitude. Furthermore she was clearly not speaking to you but to people who would be interested. This section is for people that are interested in all kinds of Role Play and should be respected! Your comments on this topic clearly were not necessary.

You assume and presume a lot here. 

First of all what makes you think I am not interested in Role Play?  I Role Play (well really, I attempt to) being a Human all the time.

When I read her post what I wrote was exactly what I thought.  It really did sound like Church or perhaps an AA Meeting to me and it made me chuckle. 

Now some people may consider my post vitriolic but really it did not contain any of the vitriol I normally have for Bloodlines.  My post did have a little barb in it but not my usual thoughts.

Here is a thought for you.  Many women in SL complain about the pervasiveness of unsolicited requests for sex. And everyone I know In World and that I am familiar with in this Forum agree that they suck.  Am I not allowed the same opinion about the pervasiveness of unsolicited Bloodlines bite requests?

Additionally, the OP's post did more than invite people to join her Vampire Clan.  It included an invitation to become a part of Bloodlines.  Bloodlines is not a Roleplay.  It is a business operating in SL.  That people choose to use what Bloodlines provides in order to Role Play being a Vampire is one thing.  But her post could be taken as promoting a business which would be a violation of the Forum Rules.

But heck, even I own some Bloodlines stuff.  One year in SL I dressed up as a Vampire for Halloween and purchased a Bloodlines outfit. I was a little ignorant to what Bloodlines was at the time or I may have chosen to buy my outfit elsewhere.  But I do still own it.

I responded In Character with how most Humans generally respond to Vampires.  I have no disdain for people who Role Play being Vampires but I do respond as Humans do to them.  What I don't have a high regard for is people who seem incapable of RolePlaying a Vampire with out Bloodlines.

But consider this also.  The OP responded to me,

"May I add that you compared an "Occult" with "church" o.O ...idk that was just kind of weird to me."

Now that seems kind of weird to me.  Is the OP unaware of the whole story line with Vampires and the relationship in general  between the Church and the Occult?  Now that does make me wonder.

Lastly, I did not violate anything in the TOS, the CS or the Community Guidelines with my post.

eta clarity

I agree. no one is making anyone pay for things. if someone chooses to pay for something like clothes, huds, hair ect its because they choose to, not because they are forced to in anyway. BL like any other RP is for fun and people can spend $ on whatever they please, and if it bothers him on what other people do then thats just his deal.

Thanks for the support :) <3 Ive just decided to Ignore them. it seems there is alot of other Forum topics these same two guys have been "trolling" 

Athena Naminosaki wrote:

I agree. no one is making anyone pay for things. if someone chooses to pay for something like clothes, huds, hair ect its because they choose to, not because they are forced to in anyway. BL like any other RP is for fun and people can spend $ on whatever they please, and if it bothers him on what other people do then thats just his deal.

Thanks for the support
<3 Ive just decided to Ignore them. it seems there is alot of other Forum topics these same two guys have been "trolling" 

How , exactly, does one join Bloodlines without purchasing a hud?

Athena Naminosaki wrote:

I agree. no one is making anyone pay for things. if someone chooses to pay for something like clothes, huds, hair ect its because they choose to, not because they are forced to in anyway. BL like any other RP is for fun and people can spend $ on whatever they please, and
if it bothers him on what other people do then thats just his deal.

Thanks for the support
<3 Ive just decided to Ignore them. it seems there is alot of other Forum topics these same two guys have been "trolling" 

If it bothers you on what other people write in reply to something posted on a public forum, then that's you're deal... right?

...Dres

Tremere Ember wrote:

I
t really does seem that all you wanted to do was to ruffle some feathers, it was clear that you were trying to impose your opinion on something 
you think
 you know all about.

No one is imposing their opinion on you or anyone else.  Some people don't like Bloodlines and those people that don't, have just as much right to say as much on a public forum as you or the OP have the right to say that you do.  This is not your private blog.

What neither you nor the OP can do, is come here promoting the Bloodline game and claim it's not advertizing for that specific system without being disingenuous.  The title even queries, "Interested in Bloodlines?"... pretty blatant propaganda, if you ask me.

...Dres *does, indeed, know all about it*

Let me try to explain this to you once more... you are posting on a PUBLIC FORUM.  Anyone who wants to reply to a post you've made is free to do so.

...Dres *is perfectly calm*

Everyone has their own opinons. im not here for fighting. I just wish to put my pack out there for people who WISH to join. you can post whatever you like, whatever your opinion. but keep in mind it is just that. an opinon. so, state your opinion but dont try to force your opinions on others, then leave. its that simple. Tremere is just trying to make a perfectly good point here. 

yes I "advertised" my pack from BLOODLINES here. thats how you grow a RPG group. you cant much grow it without making it known. also AGAIN I will point out...no matter if the hud is 599L or even 10,000L for something in world, if someone themselves decides to buy something for their own fun in SL that is their choice. 

this forum is public yes. so do as you please i guess. but the main purspose is for people who are activly seeking to join bloodlines and 'search' it to find this post. because forums werent around when I first rezzed and wished to join and i had to walk around asking strangers how to join or who to find...it wasnt fun. so this makes it easier. that and other clans and packs do this so they can easily check out more than one group. 

The SL forums have been around forever...

And technically.. promoting your "Bloodlines" clan is breaking the forums guidelines..

specifically...

"Spamming, Solicitation and Advertising: Spamming is not allowed. This includes aggressive self-promotion. No advertising or promotion of specific Second Life merchants, Marketplace listings, products, or services, unless the forum area is specifically for the buying or selling of Second Life products or services, for example, a “for sale” or “wanted” forum. Do not reference other websites offering any product or service.

Note: It is OK to have a signature line with a link to your Second Life profile or information about your Second Life business."

If it were possible for me to force my opinion on anyone, then a few years ago, when it seemed as if everyone and their grandmother was coming to this forum to complain about how horrible Bloodline Vampires are, I would have be able to get them all to wear garlic necklaces and STFU... unfortunately, that was not possible.

Consider yourself lucky that's not presently how it is here.  If you or your friend Tremere can't handle what Perrie and Drake had to say here now, what you would've gotten then would have made you both run crying from your computer.  Besides, the more posts that are made to this thread, the longer it will remain at the top of the recent messages page... therefore, more people will see your advertisement.

...Dres

Not offering a Product. not selling anything. this is not "Agressive promotion" nor is it being "spammed" this is being posted in the Roleplay forums, to invite people to join me in roleplay with my "BL Pack" :) 

Athena Naminosaki wrote:

Not offering a Product. not selling anything. this is not "Agressive promotion" nor is it being "spammed" this is being posted in the Roleplay forums, to invite people to join me in roleplay with my "BL Pack"

The phrase is "Agressive SELF Promotion". You are promoting a Specific product. In your opening post you state...

"Remember Huds for BL are 599L$ and you must have your own L$ to Pay for it, as everyone else. IF I can I will help you if I have enough L$ on hand. possibly even pay for your full hud if I feel you have major potential to be a great family member **Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://secondlife.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif" border="0" alt=":smileyhappy:" title="Smiley Happy" /> I also Have done many Turnings and Have Blood, Lumen and Cider on hand if you wish to be turned after our meeting. (of course I would have to make sure my packs matriarch is online if any help is needed)"

That is promotion of a product. You do not have to mention Bloodlines at all. Just ask for people to join your clan. See how many stay when they find out its Bloodlines.

Tremere Ember wrote:

I
t really does seem that all you wanted to do was to ruffle some feathers, it was clear that you were trying to impose your opinion on something 
you think
 you know all about.

I'm really trying to see here where I sought to impose my opinion on anyone.

Seriously.

This is a discussion board where opinions do get stated and do get discussed.  Sometimes those opinions are strong.  So what?  That is as they say, 'life.'

Some of us have a low opinion of the Bloodline's System and not with out good reason.

Consider the original title of the thread, "Interested in Bloodlines."  It wasn't "Interested In Vampire Roleplay."  What the OP has done is become an unwitting sales person for the Bloodline's System.  I do wish I had copied the entire original post because the OP has since edited it, but even now as it stands, this thread began with and the opening post ends with selling Bloodlines, not Vampire Roleplay.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.