Stuck in horse riding animation

Rose Patel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been stuck in a horseriding animation for well over a week (probably longer) since detatching a horse that went missing from inventory.

I use Firestorm and have tried detatching all objects, stopping animations via Avatar health, using animation stoppers and a debugger, re-installing and clearing cache, sitting and unsitting, character testing for whatever good that could do and re-attatching another copy of the horse to detatch and still be stuck in the same riding animation.

I have been getting the message "Script trying to stop animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set" in script errors. Maybe this is something I should know how to fix but not a scripty type.

Anyone have an idea what else I might try to fix this?? Maybe debugging the region? Would rather not be stuck spread eagle in midair for the rest of my SL days.

Thanks!!!

• Like 1

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma, Rose, and I apologise that I involuntarily chuckled out here in real life. 

Do you find that you still are stuck in the animation when you teleport out of the region?  If you do not, then maybe a region restart would help (although I am only making a random guess here).

As you have gone through the character test process, it would suggest that this is not something that is still attached to you, but something within the region that has somehow got the power over you. 

I apologise that I am not very helpful in this matter, and hopefully someone who is a scripty type will come along and  put forth a simple solution.

• Like 2

Rose Patel wrote:

I have been stuck in a horseriding animation for well over a week (probably longer) since detatching a horse that went missing from inventory.

I use Firestorm and have tried detatching all objects, stopping animations via Avatar health, using animation stoppers and a debugger, re-installing and clearing cache, sitting and unsitting, character testing for whatever good that could do and re-attatching another copy of the horse to detatch and still be stuck in the same riding animation.

I have been getting the message "Script trying to stop animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set" in script errors. Maybe this is something I should know how to fix but not a scripty type.

Anyone have an idea what else I might try to fix this?? Maybe debugging the region? Would rather not be stuck spread eagle in midair for the rest of my SL days.

Thanks!!!

I will confess I chuckled a little also.

There are some women in SL who pay good $L's for shapes that look like that.

Two questions.

Is this happenning every where?  Or only on a specific SIM?

"Lost from your Inventory" makes it sound like the horse was 'no copy' and may possibly be still rezzed somewhere in world.  Do you remeber where you were when the horse threw you?  I'd do a very thorough search of that SIM.

• Like 3

I would like to add to Perrie's excellent suggestion that you use the area search.  You find it via World > Area Search > click the second tab, Find, and enter 'horse' into the Name.  Click Search at the bottom of the  box.  Hopefully, if it is still on the sim, you will see a red indicator as to it's location.  Good luck!

• Like 2

Thanks!! Yes, the horse is no copy so probably wandering around somewhere on the region. lol. Could have sworn I tp'd somewhere and was still stuck, but now it seems when I tp out it's fixed. So that's a plus :) Will have to search around for the horse or suggest a restart. 

Rose Patel wrote:

Thanks!! Yes, the horse is no copy so probably wandering around somewhere on the region. lol. Could have sworn I tp'd somewhere and was still stuck, but now it seems when I tp out it's fixed. So that's a plus
:)
Will have to search around for the horse or suggest a restart. 

A restart may not reset or delete the horse.

You still may need to do a mercy killing on the poor horse.

Poor Horsey, stuck in a Sim Warp.

• Like 1

Rose Patel wrote:

Finally got it figured out
:D
Looked up pathfinding linksets and found the horse there. TP'd to it and got the message the TP failed and unable to TP to destination which was odd, but now I am able to walk again!!! Thanks again! 

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I do wonder if it was a 0,0,0 type destination.

Regardless, glad to hear you got it fixed.

Thanks for letting everyone know.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.