Perms/Attributes/Textures going wrong on old builds?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3903 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

Having some downright weirdness going on with some of my older builds - it started with a customer pointing out an issue with perms on a building, which has been sold copy/mod for years. Took it from my inv to check and it came up as copy/mod for me, but also the trans box was checked on and greyed out. To the customer, it wasn't copying at all.

Sorted out that one, then I had another customer report a missing piece from a game I sell - and then the next day another who purchased the same game told me the piece (which was missing to the other) was rezzing but then vanishing after a few seconds. That particular piece is physical, not sure if that was making it behave strangely.

So I reboxed and resent that, and exchanged it on the marketplace and in vendors... and then noticed that another item (an older build) that I had out as a demo piece at my store had an odd texture... upon investigation, the texture has changed to something completely different in my inv... yeesh. Luckily, it was a texture I'd made, so I reuploaded, fixed it on the build, reboxed etc. but I have no idea if this has happened to a lot of other builds or not.

So far it seems to be just older products that are going... weird. Has anybody else encountered such oddities lately? The only thing I can think is that it's come with all the changes to SL recently, and the older builds just can't cope? lol

As always, I've had a look around on the forum but I can't see this issue addressed anywhere... any help/advice would be appreciated.

Cheers, Swith ;)

Yes, yesterday.

I had a hunt gift that I had made last month, had tested for correct permissions. All set.

Tested again yesterday (I am big on testing) and the friend I sent it too got a no mod, no copy, no transfer item even though I SENT it as mod - copy.

I went through the whole build which had already been tested remember and found the section that was apparently no copy when rezzed. Checked all the scripts (only two) and they were marked copy. Couldn't find the issue and again the issue wasn't there a couple of weeks ago. Indeed I sent a copy to the hunt organizer for photos.

So there are lots of things not going right this week. I also have some strange viewer issues and many things on the viewer (FS) that aren't currently working like search and anything connecting to the web. Voice wasn't working for many folks for awhile. Apparently that is fixed now (I don't use voice often).

So NOT YOU. Doesn't help though :D.

Chic Aeon wrote:

So there are lots of things not going right this week. I also have some strange viewer issues and many things on the viewer (FS) that aren't currently working like search and anything connecting to the web. Voice wasn't working for many folks for awhile. Apparently that is fixed now (I don't use voice often).

Made a post about that minutes ago, it`s like they changed some small things with server/client communication that the tpv`s don`t have yet, if i would describe the problems, i`ll just be blamed for being drunk lol

LL viewer works as expected, why i think it`s some change some where

This has happened to me several times lately, I thought it was me alone having this problem. For example, I have a premade box to pack my items in. Set to copy, no trans, no modify.

All of a sudden when I rezzed one to pack it with a set of new items, I noticed it had transfer only perms. I thought I made an error and set it to copy again, Then it keeps on happening. I rez it, check just copy, and next time I rez it, transfer only.

I have also checked so I have no scripts or similar with other permissons that may affect it.

Sometimes the box rez with correct perms, sometimes not.

Chic Aeon wrote:

So NOT YOU. Doesn't help though
:D

Out of the blue yesterday all the options one can check on the Friends List has disappeared in the Singuarlity viewer...only the names themselves are showing.  I just submitted a ticket on that but wonder if that falls under this same "weird stuff going on" heading.

Unscheduled Inventory Database Maintenance

Posted by Status Desk on August 6th, 2013 at 11:31 am PDT

[postED 11:28 AM PDT, 06 August 2013] We are undergoing unscheduled inventory database maintenance. During this time, some residents will be logged off and will be temporarily unable to log in for a brief period. This maintenance may disrupt transactions, log ins and inventory functions in world. Please check back here for updates.

^Maybe they're fixing it? *crosses fingers*

Oh actually, should mention too that Firestorm (my usual viewer choice) won't let me on at the moment - lasts a few seconds then crashes. I filed a report for that. Been using singularity, but I'll try the LL viewer and see what happens. Strange though that the effects on my inv are also affecting customers' purchases, makes me think it's not just the viewer...

OK. Back with more info and it ain't good :D

The database maintenance didn't fix.

It is not the TPV issue (at least not Firestorm).

Here my latest deal.

I made an old barn . All from mesh. All from scratch, all the textures are from scratch and uploaded in the last week.

Today I completed it. It is great and I am doing a happy dance until I sent it to a friend to test.

It is supposed to be mod-copy. It comes to them mod-copy and is indeed mod. But you cannot copy the item inworld. Happily the original copy stays in inventory so you haven't lost anything but it doesn't act as it should.

THERE ARE NO SCRIPTS.

I checked all the permissions on EACH piece of the build AND on all the textures and material textures. It isn't ME.

So there is definitely an issue. I did try changing permissions in the LL viewer and then sending. Same problem. Oddly the LL viewer is fine with me as creator on the item rezzed in world but confused about it once it gets to my inventory (this has happened before).

So it is happening on new builds too and indeed I got something to blog last night that was likely a victim of this and had to be replaced.

So TEST OFTEN. I am putting a note about this in the box with the item and an extra backup copy just in case. can't wait for them to fix as who knows when it might be fixed. Seems like these issues started happening THIS time when we got the server side baking. So perhaps the database can't find the textures to copy them in world. Now THATS a thought. In my case anyway.

ADDENDUM:  I have also noted that  even though I set my default permissions, it keeps reverting back to transfer only. Not sure if this is part of the puzzle.

Chic Aeon wrote:

ADDENDUM:  I have also noted that  even though I set my default permissions, it keeps reverting back to transfer only. Not sure if this is part of the puzzle.

This is EXACTLY how it behaves for me as well, I have the item set to copy only. Inside it is a script (copy only) and a landmark. I rez the item and it converts from copy only to transfer only.

When rezzed, I reset it to copy only, take it to inventory, rez again ... permissions tranfer only ...

I am not sure but I think it started to happen to me as well after the server side baking but aren't 100% sure of when it first occured.

Cyneswith Luik wrote:

So far it seems to be just older products that are going... weird. Has anybody else encountered such oddities lately? The only thing I can think is that it's come with all the changes to SL recently, and the older builds just can't cope?

I periodically have one or more permissions change on a product. It's been happening as long as I've been playing SL.

I just thank whoever tells me and change it back and refresh the marketplace item.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3903 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.