How does one hide what objects are on their land if it is a private parcel..

KharmaObscura

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have seen that there is a way to prevent there from being a public list of what objects are on your private parcel. I own a homestead and do not wish people to be able to click on objects and see information about them. I also have seen that in general the default setting is to make all objects in your land visible to others in search. I wish to make this function disabled.

3 answers to this question

You have it the wrong way around.  By default, all objects are NOT listed in search unless you deliberately make them visible.  Select any object with your Edit tool and look at the General page.  If there's no check in the box that says "Show in Search", it's not listed.   That option is there for merchants, who typically DO want objects in their shops to be searchable.

Now, there's absolutely NO way to prevent anyone from clicking on an object and seeing at least the information on the General page of Edit.  That's public information.  The information on the other pages will be grayed out if you lock an object (click LOCK on the Object page of the editor), and people won't be able to open scripts or other items in Cnotents if you have set their permissions to no-mod.

You can keep objects from showing in search.  You can NOT make them invisible to people looking in, or keep them from clicking on the objects and inspecting them.

If you really need that level of privacy, leave SL and use OpenSim to run your own private SL-like region on your own computer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.