Sign in to follow this  
iCade

MP Product Names screwed up when viewed in german?

My MP store just randomly selected the german language without my input, no problem, I speak it, however what had me freaking out was the fact that it showed roughly 60% of my items were now named Lollipop.

Changing my MP language to english it shows the product names just fine, switching back to german and they get renamed to Lollipop again.

What is going on? Is this happening to anyone else?

well, ive noticed that lately, my MP was switched in german often too... and of course i recieve notifications in this language too lol... what is somewhat not ok for me, since i dont speak this language...

but fortunately, and ive just checked some minutes ago... it doesnt change the name of my items.. these ones remain the same.

Paula001 Goldschein wrote:

o.O

it does that to your shop in every language besides spanish!

it doesn't do it in mine,

hmm!

Awh crap!

I suppose I'll go ahead and file a support ticket then and keep my fingers crossed that they'll fix it. Hope dies last after all!

Check the language tabs, not the ones on the top of the page, but the ones you see while editing a listing, they have a small flag icon on them.Sometimes when you click on these, the text from the english tab fills the other language tabs. Make sure they are empty (besides the english of course unless you really mean to fill these) Otherwise if use the "quick fill " tool using this listing as a base the text will be copied under the other language tabs too, with whatever text you had there. And you will have multiple items with the same text in other languages all over your mp . -is oh her phone and probably doesnt make sense-

I remember going back and forth with translations, I just stopped using them. I applause you for trying, EDIT: oops, got mixed up there you DIDN"T even input it? Bad news, sounds like something more is at work and the word is a strange word I remember someone complaining about in a blog.