Second life is eating my subscribos :(

Suki Pelazzi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hey everyone

im not sure what to do about this but its starting to effect me more and more so figure ill ask around.

I have subscribed to a bunch of subscribos, like clothing stores and furniture places, but also im a blogger so i get stuff sent to me that way sometimes too. 

but it seems like if im not online when its sent to me and i go to accept it a few hrs later if i log in or im afk, i accept it but i dont recieve it.. 

is there anythin that i can do to stop or fix this? im starting to miss products that i need to be recieving

im on firestorm v4.4.2 so i should be all up to date. 

please let me know! thanks

Suki Pelazzi 

If you are not on line, you are capped at a total of 25 IM's, notices, or inventory offers in any combination..  After you receive 25 you lose anything else sent to you.  It doesn't matter if IM's go to email or not.  Having messages go to email at least gives you a record of what was sent, but it doesn't exempt those from counting toward the cap. 

If you are sent something in a group, you can look in the past notices and get another copy.  If it comes through a subscribe though your out of luck unless you beg the owner to send another one to you.

Your alternative is to keep your avi logged in if you are only going to be gone a few hours or get one of the apps for your phone or tablet that lets you log in periodically and accept things sent to you.  Once you accept them, they don't count towards the 25.

oh dang! i didnt actually know that! but today it happened while my av was logged in for a few hrs while i was irl. i came back and accepted them and they disappeared. so your explaination deffiniately explains when im offline.. but it happens when im online too >.< like unless i accept it right away its good. but if i take my time. its almost as if it like..kills the thing sent or something

• 3 weeks later...

In preferences there is the option to auto accept some things. I'm not sure if it only works for notecards and textures or if it also accepts objects but if you enabled that it wouldn't matter if you were afk or not. It would go straight to the folder that type of item goes to. 

There are a couple down sides to enabling this:

1/ it wont differentiate between items. If a griefer is sending you something bad or spamming sending stuff it keeps accepting. also when you land on them welcome matts it will accept all those things that get sent so u could end up having tons of duplicate landmarks and notecards from places you go to lots.

2/ if you also have your settings so it doesn't open the new item or the folder it is in then you might not know it was sent unless the person tells you. (often people would send me something like a pic and i would find it the next day totally missing the moment or the convo that went along with it)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.