Sign in to follow this  
Nathan Zeritonga

Looking for playmates.

There ARE intellegent women in SL :matte-motes-grin: Most of use are SL business owners though and have no interest in something like this. hahah :P

Charly Muggins wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

Good luck with that.

I agree.

You are asking the impossible.

Where are you going to find "intelligent ladies" in SL?

You apparently can't see around your male ego to find us.

Charly Muggins wrote:

Lexi Zelin wrote:

There ARE
intellegent
women in SL

Don't you love it when this happens?

Wow she made a typo so clearly that means she's dumb right? What you're doing here is essentially like high school bullying. There are many intelligent people who can not spell. some of those people excel in other areas like math, programming and art. I happen to excel (and have a degree in) art and webpage design. my spelling isn't always perfect but that doesn't imply that I am stupid in anyway. There's also the fact that chatting in a forum and online is more a casual experience to people and they are not going to go out of there way to spell check their every word in order to please the every whim of spelling nazi's like you. Really the only thing you've done is prove that you're an internet bully rather then prove that women in SL are stupid.

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

Charly Muggins wrote:

Lexi Zelin wrote:

There ARE
intellegent
women in SL

Wow she made a typo so clearly that means she's
dumb
right? What you're doing here is essentially like high school bullying. There are many intelligent people who can not spell.
some
of those people excel in other areas like math, programming and art. I happen to excel (and have a degree in) art and webpage design.
my
spelling isn't always perfect but that doesn't imply that I am stupid in
anyway
. (sic) There's also the fact that chatting in a forum and online is more a casual experience to people and they are not going to go out of
there
(sic) way to spell check their every word in order to please the every whim of spelling
nazi's
(sic) like you. Really the only thing you've done is prove that you're an internet bully rather
then

(sic) prove that women in SL are stupid.

It's SOOOOO difficult to remember to start a sentence with a capital letter, isn't it. Or maybe it's difficult to recall where to find that pesky SHIFT key on the keyboard - even when there are two of them.

I agree with you that there are many intelligent people who can't spell, but most of them are bright enough - and have sufficient self-respect - that they use spellcheckers or even grammar checkers; there is also a much great proportion of those who ARE stupid, and can easily be recognised by their inability to spell combined with their lack of awareness of the existence of writing aids - or maybe they are just lazy, and have no respect for their prospective readers.

And you can't bully people over the internet. You can only make them feel bullied, which is an entrely different thing, and completely under their own control, should they wish to wallow in their masochism.

I am also taking exception, on behalf of the handicapped minority who are unable to speak for themselves, to your violently inaccurate use of the pejorative description "dumb". I think you should apologise openly for your abusive disciminatory behaviour, which is entirely unacceptable, and demonstrates a level of stupidity far beyond that which a mis-spelling might indicate.

Charly Muggins wrote:

Charly Muggins wrote:

Lexi Zelin wrote:

There ARE
intellegent
women in SL

dumb
right? What you're doing here is essentially like high school bullying. There are many intelligent people who can not spell.
some
of those people excel in other areas like math, programming and art. I happen to excel (and have a degree in) art and webpage design.
my
anyway
. (sic) There's also the fact that chatting in a forum and online is more a casual experience to people and they are not going to go out of
there
(sic) way to spell check their every word in order to please the every whim of spelling
nazi's
(sic) like you. Really the only thing you've done is prove that you're an internet bully rather
then

It's SOOOOO difficult to remember to start a sentence with a capital letter, isn't it. Or maybe it's difficult to recall where to find that pesky SHIFT key on the keyboard - even when there are two of them.

I agree with you that there are many intelligent people who can't spell, but most of them are bright enough - and have sufficient self-respect - that they use spellcheckers or even grammar checkers; there is also a much great proportion of those who ARE stupid, and can easily be recognised by their inability to spell combined with their lack of awareness of the existence of writing aids - or maybe they are just lazy, and have no respect for their prospective readers.

And you can't bully people over the internet. You can only make them feel bullied, which is an entrely different thing, and completely under their own control, should they wish to wallow in their masochism.

I am also taking exception, on behalf of the handicapped minority who are unable to speak for themselves, to your violently inaccurate use of the pejorative description "dumb". I think you should apologise openly for your abusive disciminatory behaviour, which is entirely unacceptable, and demonstrates a level of stupidity far beyond that which a mis-spelling might indicate.

Well I apologize if those who have that handicap take it the wrong way. Violently though really? Isn't that a bit extreme? And if internet bullying has no effect on someone else how does the "misuse" of the word dumb then effect them. Won't they be to qoute you "wallow(ing) in their masochism" since the internet has no effect on the reader?  I view it the same way I veiw people calling people crazy. I have a mental illness and am generally not offended by it. Political correctness can only go so far. Your implying that I am stupid for the use of that word and your general OVER reaction to it is one way that political correctness can be taken much to far. Especially when I think it's safe to assume you still use the word crazy as a deragtory term.

However you continue to only prove your self a childish internet bully by continueing to insult me. So I may have not noticed my capitilization. I suppose it never dawned on you that perhaps I was hitting said shift key but not in a odd angle that caused it not to capitilize things. I geuss perhaps not why would you when you can use it as a way to imply that I am sumehow stupid. Again internet conversations are casual conversations. People don't spend all day spell checking each word to please grammer nazi's like you. While I have built in spell check it doesn't seem to work on the forums chat box area. I'm not about to go out of my way to type everything into word check the spelling and capitilization to a T then paste it in here to please little Nazi's like you. The fact you feel the need to sling insults at me when I point out that not only are you being immature but imply people are unintiligent based on there spelling is essentially bullying I think only serves to prove my point further. But please keep digging your hole. You're only making me look better.

Edit: And you most certianly can bully someone over the internet. Verbal bullying is still that bullying. Bullying doesn't only include physical beatings. There have been many many people who have killed themselves over verbal abuse. I (as someone with major depressive disorder) have almost done the same myself (though over in person verbal abuse). They fact that you think that the verbal abuse flung at others over the internet is not a form of abuse toward that person says a lot about you really and your lack of empathy for others.

Further edit: I like how you self rightously assume that those who are mute are unable to type. Aren't you makeing assumptions about there mental abilities based on their handicap. Not all people who can not speak vocally are unable to communicate. And I assure you they don't need you're self rightous over reactions to "help them out". It's one thing to point out that it's a handicap that some people have and using that word may offend them. It's another to imply that I am both stupid and apperantly "violently" ignorant for using it. Telling people that does not change minds in your favor and only serves to make you look ignorant. Do the handicapped a favor and try and be rational for once.

Charly Muggins wrote:

Charly Muggins wrote:

Lexi Zelin wrote:

There ARE
intellegent
women in SL

dumb
some
my
anyway
there
nazi's
then

Well I apologize if those who have that handicap take it the wrong way. Violently though really? Isn't that a bit extreme? And if internet bullying has no effect on someone else how does the "misuse" of the word dumb then effect them. Won't they be to qoute you "wallow(ing) in their masochism" since the internet has no effect on the reader?  I view it the same way I veiw people calling people crazy. I have a mental illness and am generally not offended by it. Political correctness can only go so far. Your implying that I am stupid for the use of that word and your general OVER reaction to it is one way that political correctness can be taken much to far. Especially when I think it's safe to assume you still use the word crazy as a deragtory term.

However you continue to only prove your self a childish internet bully by continueing to insult me. So I may have not noticed my capitilization. I suppose it never dawned on you that perhaps I was hitting said shift key but not in a odd angle that caused it not to capitilize things. I geuss perhaps not why would you when you can use it as a way to imply that I am sumehow stupid. Again internet conversations are casual conversations. People don't spend all day spell checking each word to please grammer nazi's like you. While I have built in spell check it doesn't seem to work on the forums chat box area. I'm not about to go out of my way to type everything into word check the spelling and capitilization to a T then paste it in here to please little Nazi's like you. The fact you feel the need to sling insults at me when I point out that not only are you being immature but imply people are unintiligent based on there spelling is essentially bullying I think only serves to prove my point further. But please keep digging your hole. You're only making me look better.

Edit: And you most certianly can bully someone over the internet. Verbal bullying is still that bullying. Bullying doesn't only include physical beatings. There have been many many people who have killed themselves over verbal abuse. I (as someone with major depressive disorder) have almost done the same myself (though over in person verbal abuse). They fact that you think that the verbal abuse flung at others over the internet is not a form of abuse toward that person says a lot about you really and your lack of empathy for others.

Further edit: I like how you self rightously assume that those who are mute are unable to type. Aren't you makeing assumptions about there mental abilities based on their handicap. Not all people who can not speak vocally are unable to communicate. And I assure you they don't need you're self rightous over reactions to "help them out". It's one thing to point out that it's a handicap that some people have and using that word may offend them. It's another to imply that I am both stupid and apperantly "violently" ignorant for using it. Telling people that does not change minds in your favor and only serves to make you look ignorant. Do the handicapped a favor and try and be rational for once.

Thank you for demonstrating conclusively the accuracy of my perception.