Sign in to follow this  
Frawmusl

Wish I could embed Sketchfab.

I think the polycount looks pretty okay. I'm not sure about the topology -- it may need some improvement to prevent clipping through the avatar, but we'll see what happens when you rig it. Maybe it's fine.

The only things that bug me on it is from an anatomical standpoint. There is an unnatural dip where the shoulder-blades should be -- as though they aren't there. I'd also expect to se a crease extending down the center of the back rather than a bulge.

• Like 1

Hmm good points, I will look into fixing that. It rigs OK, Slight clipping on the sleeves, but the rest is fine with an  alpha ..I don't think its possibly to rig to the avatar without clipping on most of the body.. would have to custom size everything :P

I based it all off the avatar, its supposed to be a bit on the tighter side, so the anatomical I can partially blame on the creator of the avatar ;P This was made real fast for rigging practice and to see what kind of lengths things need to be IE the sleeves are at JUST the wrong size to have the shoulder clip through when moving :\ Will adjust that in future clothes either make it longer or shorter

The shoulder blades are there, but Again based on the SL avatar so its all a bit funky. Will make sure to be more anatomically correct in my next design, Im unsure of the crease you talk about.. Could you give me an example?

Thanks for the critique :P

First - i think the 'bulge' Rhakis was pointing out to be wrong here is this one: 
http://i.imgur.com/qBpdMrS.png

One would need to have a pretty enormous spine to show out that much. And this area also on a human ends up in a very noticeable indent on the lower part of the back, where the spine bends towards the body middle.
You should flatten this area a bit out and then make it sink in on the lower part. This here makes it look a bit like it's about to grow dragon spikes on the back :)

Another problem would be the missing all over 'edgeflow' in the topology that would allow for a good and non distorted animation. 
http://i.imgur.com/iERfsPP.png
Lets take the openings at the shoulder for example. You should consider having at least one guiding edgeloop circling around this area. Some of the stretched faces, which you reconstrcuted by following the avatar's geometry, will look distorted / stretched when in movement. 

Yes, you have to stay 'close' to the underlying geometry - the avatar, that is  in this case - but you might need to tweak things. Especially at points where you 'leave' the similarity of geometry. 

Like on the arm opening. The avatar arm 'goes on' here. so certain things and loops are set based on this fact, because other vertices and influences will pull the whole thing along when being animated. Which it can't when the geometry ends there and thus might require a bit different closing. (and means you can not blame everything on the avatar structure being messy : P hehe)

And i personally would prolly have had a guiding loop around the cleavage / collar area too. But that's just me ; )

Aside from the few fixes it could need, its a neat simple chest outfit.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply :D 
Fixed the areas mentioned, Though I decided to just edgeslide the nearby loop because it didn't make a visible difference and The arm slot? doesn't move enough to really need another supporting edgeloop (imo). Ill keep all this in my head for the next clothing I'll make (Which wont be until the deformer because my god is it annoying to size and upload so much)