5000 linden missing from my account

susandelite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3917 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5000 linden is missing from my account 

looked in my account history   says I made a gift to  JeamsMcMastersSonoio  which I didn't.    this supposedly happened on july 28, 2013        I did not notice it till    today july 29, 2013

what can I do to get my lindens back?   I also looked at this persons profile,   The   born date for this person is   July 28, 2013

would you also email me an answer

Thanks

Susan

1 answer to this question

You seem have been the victim of a scam, possibly a phishing exploit.  When you click on any object that wants to take money from you in Second Life, there is an automatic warning that pops up to advise you that you are about to give a specific person permission to debit your account.  To complete the transaction, you have to click a button to give your permission.  Unfortunately, it is easy for a newcomer to misunderstand what that means, especially if you are buying something in a shop and expect to be asked for money anyway.  It's also possible to simply get distracted and click "Yes" without thinking.

Once you've given money away, it's almost impossible to get it back.  As you have discovered, the transaction was recorded as a "gift".  If you can find the object that you clicked (if it's still there), you can identify it to Linden Lab in an Abuse Report.  With luck, they will sanction the person (probably ban him), and with more luck you'll get your money back.   Otherwise, I'm afraid you're out L$5000.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3917 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.