I stay logged in for only a few seconds. $L gone.

Rex Cronon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ellie Edo wrote:

It is perfectly possible that neither of these apply, but can we please try to be more polite, and more knowledgeable, with a bit more lateral thinking, if we are to step forward as self-appointed "helpers".

Once you've been around here long enough to help more than just one person, then maybe you'll have room to talk.

...Dres

Several suggestions

1 if you are using a router remove it from the data chain and direct connect to the net

2 if you are using wireless its time for a cat 5 connection wireless while good for many mundane operations is not very effective for second life 10000ms is not playable your times should be in the 80 to 200 ms range 10000ms =10 seconds

3. Do a complete un install of the viewer this means removing all of the files the standard un install does not remove such as the user profiles etc.  If using windows you need to regedit the registry and remove all items of second life and linden research

after reloading the viewer if it knows who you are you have not deleted the user information files and it will most likely not improve

as one mistake in the user files causes a multitude of problems

Rex Cronon wrote:

The correct short answer is: ll's viewer and firefox don't play nice with each other. p.s. Your comment is illogical. Why would u say "The user was at fault"? R u trolling?

Think about it. If you open every faucet in the house you won't get decent water pressure out of any of them. You were opening so many connections at once that Second Life, which uses a lot of them itself, didn't have enough resources. And my reference was to your saying, "Support always says the user was at fault." In this case your problem was fixed entirely on your end - therefore...

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Rex Cronon wrote:

The correct short answer is: ll's viewer and firefox don't play nice with each other. p.s. Your comment is illogical. Why would u say "The user was at fault"? R u trolling?

Think about it. If you open every faucet in the house you won't get decent water pressure out of any of them. You were opening so many connections at once that Second Life, which uses a lot of them itself, didn't have enough resources. And my reference was to your saying, "Support always says the user was at fault." In this case your problem was fixed entirely on your end - therefore...

Makes sense to me... but if you're really trying to troll, you need to try harder. :matte-motes-silly:

...Dres

I think I understand what u r trying to say, but your analogy is not entirely correct. Firefox opens a connection only when I load/reload a page and after that closes it. Ll's viewer opens connections and keeps them open for as long as it runs and/or opens and closes them at its own pleasure. In theory the viewer should be affected only when I use firefox to download something. The problem was at my end but was not my fault. The problem seems to be that both firefox and ll's viewer might be suffering from poor design, implementation and testing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.