My WASD keys do not work, S moved me forwards and W backwards!!

Lilyphilia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just recently got Firestorm and noticed that my movement keys weren't working, so i clicked everything there was to click such as pressing letter keys effects movement etc but clicking S still moves me forwards and W moves me backwards!! It's like the keys were inverted. Can anyone help? Thanks so much x

• Like 1

18 answers to this question

Well... I encountered the issue myself and found this discussion while troubleshooting.  I shared  just in case some other noob googles the problem and comes across this thread... But hey, Thanx for keeping track of the date like that.  Thats awesome. :) You should be a calendar.

• Haha 4

@Pwaga

ypu absolutely right. Forums are searchable and thats what people do, search before asking as most times the question has been asked before

and yes lol. Next time somebody else ever again on here says o.m.g ! lazarus resurrection post !!! I am going to chat back to them: !  Pwaga Calendar !

and then I am going to crack up laughing

:D

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Not always, Ethan.  I know that a lot of necro'd posts get that way because someone failed to notice the date on them, but with others, there really is new information to add.

I agree. I always roll my eyes when people add a post to a resurrected thread for no reason other than to complain that it's a necro'd post. Well, it's not anymore. :) Besides, lots of questions have been answered over and over in uncountable duplicate threads. So resurrecting a necro'd post is just fine the way I see it.

/me already rolled eyes at @Ethan Paslong and others and reads back just so she can do it again. ~snorts~

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I know that a lot of necro'd posts get that way because someone failed to notice the date on them, but with others, there really is new information to add.

It's not an easy call to make. As most of us know, a high percentage of older threads contain outdated information and -- like a lot of the current threads -- misinformation and outright falsehoods.  Those threads deserve to disappear.  Bringing them back only recirculates bad advice or tells people things that may have been true ages ago but are no longer true today.  If you are looking for reliable, up-to-date answers to many questions, your best strategy is to ignore or seriously discount threads that are more than a year old.

Having said that, it's not always true that old information is worthless.  Sometimes a sense of history helps explain why things work the way they do today.  Those of us who have been in SL for a decade or more can remember solutions to rare, bizarre problems that were only mentioned in threads years ago.  And some common problems, like bake fail, have been with us forever, so most of the solutions we posted ten years ago -- except for typing CTRL+Alt+R -- are still valid today. Today's newbies would get the same good advice from necroposts that we would give them in brand new ones.

You and I can tell the difference between an old, venerable thread full of fantastic advice and a necrothread that is loaded with garbage.  An inexperienced newbie can't.  So we're better off by advising most visitors here to ignore most old threads. The unfortunate reality is that we can say exactly the same things about many current threads in the forums.  This is not a help center staffed by bona fied experts.  We are smart, experienced amateurs (and a few real bozos) who post what we believe is good advice, or at least our best guess.  As in much of SL, buyer beware.  :)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

/me always wonder why you always tag people while you have nothing really to add
it's annoying to get notifications about nothing.

In this case: so you know I hold my nose and point at you. Have a wonderful day! ~Smiles warmly and curtseys~

5 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You can curtsy while holding your nose and pointing!  I'm impressed.

It would make a cool animation. Probably would look like one of the dances from the B52’s song, “Rock Lobster”. Not sure if “Narwahl” or “Bikini Whale”, or some other dance.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.